Weddings Your Way by Mary & Associates

Value
Flexibility
Brittany
04/18/2015

Mary is a great person to work with for your wedding! I've known her personally and professionally for several years, so when it was my turn to walk down the aisle, I knew I wanted her to be waiting at the end (with my future husband)! She worked with us back and forth to get the right combination of wording in our ceremony. She has a great personality and is very friendly to everyone she meets and will fit right in with your wedding day. I would recommend her to anyone! thank you, Mary!

Recently Married

Mary was incredibly helpful throughout the process and performed a beautiful, short and sweet ceremony -- just what we wanted! A few months before the wedding she met with us at her home in Kent Island to walk through everything so we knew what to expect and talk through all of our questions which put us both at ease. We were also able to customize our ceremony and she took care of everything so our marriage license was already returned to us when we got back from our honeymoon. Thank you for everything Mary!

3.6

Mary was great to work with up until the day of our ceremony. She provided tons of examples and suggestions for our ceremony and helped us put it all together. We had a nautical theme to our wedding and she even suggested a knot tying ceremony that fit perfectly. On the day of the ceremony my husband was very nervous at the altar and felt as though he was going to pass out. The best man was whispering words of support and encouragement to my groom during the ceremony to help him get through, telling him to breathe and bend his knees so he didn't pass out. Now while those of us up at the altar could hear this softly, none of our guests were able to hear it. Mary stopped our ceremony and very loudly stated "stop talking," which gave my groom more anxiety and left all of the guests looking around trying to figure out who she was talking to. Needless to say we found this very unprofessional and were very unhappy about this.

Services Used: Officiant

Mary performed my wedding ceremony and did a fantastic job...it was exactly as I had imagined and hoped! My wedding took place about an hour away from where I live, so I actually didn't meet Mary in person until the day of the wedding - all of the details and conversations took place via phone and email. I really can't say enough good things about Mary, and I received numerous compliments from my guests, who also thought she did a fantatic job and performed a lovely ceremony. She provided me with numerous samples and templates to help construct a ceremony specifically for me and my husband. She was very responsive to my questions, ideas, and even last minute changes. If you're getting married anywhere on the Eastern Shore of Maryland, I would highly recommend that you check out Mary - you won't be disappointed!

Weddings Your Way by Mary & Associates responded with the following comments:

Thank you Kim. It was a pleasure meeting both of you and performing your wedding ceremony.

All the best ,

Mary

Services Used: Officiant

In one word, we would describe Mary as pleasant. She has a smile to light the world, and she is so friendly. We chose Mary to be our Officiant not only because of this, but she was more then happy to spend the time with us to write a ceremony that reflected our relationship. She was very responsive with emails, and never seemed annoyed when we would request to change things. She handles her work with grace, and her calming presence made us feel comfortable on our wedding day. We would recommend Mary to anyone! Thanks Mary.

Weddings Your Way by Mary & Associates responded with the following comments:

Thanks so much. I enjoyed meeting and working with both of you. Wishing you both all the best in the future.

Mary

1 Review
1+ year ago

Mary was very professional, personable and great to work with in general. We would highly recommend her services to anyone

Emily and Brent
1 Review
08/11/2013

Mary is a great officiant. She offered a large selection of typical ceremony outlines and let us pick parts we liked, and add parts that made it special to us. She pulled it all together and kept it natural. Mary is a kind hearted person who will go out of her way to make the ceremony just the way you want it. She is flexible and easy to meet with. Also her grandsons are adorable! I think Mary is especially good at what she does because she loves her family and understands that a wedding is about bringing families together. We loved working with her and we wish she would have stayed for the reception!

We recommend her to anyone!

Heather
08/10/2013

We wanted a more personal and less religious ceremony for our wedding. Mary was the perfect match! She is very supportive of the ceremony being what the bride and groom want it to be and less about the "typical structure". She gave us a few examples of ceremonies, but let us give input and determine what we would like in it. She was extremely professional, flexible and gave great advice and direction for our day!! She was wonderful and I would highly recommend her!!

2+ years ago
3.9

I found Mary during my searches online. Out of everyone I found she was the only one willing to work with a multicultural wedding (I am not religious at all and my husband is Jewish) and be creative with it. She came up with a draft after we met her at her house, and it was pretty bland - almost like she just inserted our names into a template she had made. We tweaked it over the course of a few months and came up with something we were happy with. Her delivery at the ceremony was fair... she messed up a few times, but nothing too critical. Very nice lady, very accommodating, but I'm not sure I would choose her again.

Services Used: Officiant

Working with Mary was a pleasure for our wedding. We had a consultation meeting with her before deciding to hire Mary at her home. She has competitive pricing and we were able to work with her to create our custom ceremony. We received many compliments that our ceremony was personal and spiritual.

There were a few small mistakes during the wedding, which is why I lowered her score a bit: she forgot to tell our guests to sit down after I walked down the aisle, she pronounced our last name wrong when she introduced us as Mr. and Mrs., and during our special "tying of the knot" ceremony, we weren't quite sure what to do.

Despite these mistakes, I would recommend Mary as a wedding officiant.

Services Used: Officiant

The other reviews pretty much said it: Mary is incredible. From the second that we met her, we knew we wanted her to officiate our wedding. She was sincere, understanding, and professional. If you are reading this, make an appointment to see Mary, and you will know what I mean within seconds of shaking her hand.

Weddings Your Way by Mary & Associates responded with the following comments:

Thanks so much Elliott and Carolyn!

Services Used: Officiant

Mary was great to work with. She provided us with tons of options for customizing our ceremony and wrote it exactly as we wanted. We didn't meet face to face until the ceremony and everything went flawlessly. The ceremony turned out perfectly.

Tiffin
01/26/2013

Mary did an AMAZING JOB!! My husband and I feel so blessed to have had her join our lives together in love. The ceremony was beautiful, and exactly what we wanted. Mary is a professional and yet still has the warmth of a family member. She spends times with you and your finance' before the wedding day so she can add special, personal features into the ceremony that make it personal and beautiful. Thank you Mary for everything!!!

Services Used: Officiant

I was referred to Mary and I was very impressed with her warm tone and professionalism. She made the ceremony planning process less stressful by her experience. She simplified the process and was able to go back and forth via email to write and coordinate the ceremony. For me, email communication was key to fitting the planning into my busy schedule. We didn't meet face to face until the ceremony and everything went flawlessly. She incorporated the knot tying ceremony and special readings I sent her. Mary was very responsive and timely.

Services Used: Officiant

Mary was absolutely wonderful to work with. She made our wedding ceremony beautiful. In fact, many of our guests complimented me on our choice of officiant - guests thought our selected readings were perfect. I couldn't have been more pleased with our ceremony, and working with Mary was fun and easy!

Services Used: Officiant

We hired Debra Maheux as our wedding officiant through this service. She was very flexible and worked with our schedules to meet and decide how we wanted our ceremony to be. We were able to put together a short and very meaningful ceremony (exactly what we wanted!) She was easily accessible by email for whenever we had a question. It was a real pleasure to have her for our officiant. She made the ceremony one of the least stressful things on our list (which was a blessing!)