The Naked Florist Event & Floral Design Studio

• Quality of Service: 3.5
  • Responsiveness: 3.5
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We are from the UK and had to arrange everything via the internet. Roger was very helpful and when we met in person very friendly and listened to what i wanted. My ceremony and reception flowers were stunning just what i wanted! My bridesmaid bouquets were simple but elegant - again just what i wanted. HOWEVER my bridal bouquet was a huge dissapointment!!! Basically it was rubbish - too small and looked like anyone could have put it together! We contacted Roger and he delivered a new one which although was bigger still wasn't what i wanted but at least i let this one be in the photos. Roger hasnt replied to my email i sent him after the wedding. I would recommed him as he did do the rest of our flowers beautifully however i would make sure you get a picture of EVERYTHING beforehand.

• Wedding: 12/04/2012
0.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.5
  • Responsiveness: 0.5
  • Professionalism: 1.0
  • Value: 0.5
  • Flexibility: 0.5

Do not hire him, there are better choices in Sarasota.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Profile Picture
Anonymous
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Roger at the Naked Florist captured our vision and went beyond! It was breath taking! We still are enjoying the beautiful flowers from the wedding! We can't thank you enough!!

• Wedding: 10/26/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had such a great experience working with Roger for our wedding. He has a great vision for what the room will look like and created gorgeous floral arrangements for every part of our wedding. We received so many complements on the flowers and cannot thank Roger enough for the beautiful job. He is the best!

Latoya Davis

• Wedding: 06/30/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Roger is a genius! Very creative and unique style!

• Wedding: 05/20/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Naked Florist did all of our flowers and the designing for our wedding in April. We literally had two meetings, one from Virginia and another a week from our special day - they did a WONDERFUL job setting up our flowers and designing both Siesta Key beach for the ceremony as well as the reception at Hotel Indigo.

Thank You Roger!
Ryan and Nicole McCallum

• Wedding: 04/06/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Naked Florist did an excellent job on our December 2011 wedding. We were planning a wedding in Sarasota from the west coast in LA, and Roger made sure that I was able to contact him whenever needed. His responsiveness helped me sleep better at night. We had only two meetings, the first to which we arrived with an organized vision. He was sensitive to budget concerns and our vision, fully understanding the organic and elegant style we wanted to portray. At our second meeting, poor Roger was dealing with an injury and was patient with me when I changed some of the color palette and floral decisions 3 days before our wedding. Later, at the wedding, his concern was very evident as he spent a good portion of his day getting our cake table ready with moss and making sure the tables looked as I had imagined. What is also of note, is that Roger has a strong working relationship with all of the top vendors in Sarasota, which helped to make everything run very smoothly. Our wedding was featured, as result, on the wedding blogs Style Me Pretty, Elizabeth Anne Designs, among others. Not to mention, Roger is a very kind person with a great sense of humor. He takes all of your crazy seriously, knowing that for many, this is one of the most memorable events of your life.

Also, The Naked Florist offers a more contemporary view of wedding floral arrangements, while other high end companies in Sarasota offer a very inflexible vision (i.e. they tell you how your wedding should look despite your concrete vision). I went to 8 florists in the bay area, all of which were too traditional, boring, and over-priced, until we chose Roger. We wish him the best.

• Wedding: 12/09/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

There is nothing like working with Roger. It is a pleasurable experience from start to finish. His keen eye for style and elegance made for the most beautiful bouquets and arrangements I have ever seen.

We were a picky couple that wanted simple elegance, with rustic undertones yet didn't look cheap. Roger was able to produce the vision we had. His creations are just amazing. I highly recommend working with Roger or any of his staff at The Naked Florist. Not only are they amazing artists, they are really caring people.

Thank you, a million times over.

• Wedding: 11/11/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Roger and Michelle really did a wonderful job with the design of our flowers both for the wedding ceremony and reception. Roger really listened to my ideas and really delivered. All of the flowers were fresh and the design perfect for the "feel" of our ceremony and reception venue. Roger even surprised me on my wedding day with flowers for my hair that I thought were going to be impossible to get - such an unexpected touch that brought tears to my eyes. I share this as I feel when you select Roger he really is invested in your wedding experience. Thank you Roger and Michelle for helping to make our day memorable and beautiful.

• Wedding: 06/18/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Roger came through for me at the last minute, and I couldn't be happier with the flowers! I only got to talk with him a few times to express what I wanted because it was so last minute, but he nailed it! The flowers and petals were exactly what I was looking for! He was so wonderful!!

• Wedding: 05/15/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amazing is all that I can say. Roger was a pleasure and a dream to work with. He immediately tapped into my vision. His creativity is unparalleled. I would highly recommend him. He made my day just perfect.

• Wedding: 04/01/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Roger Capote and his wonderful team did my wedding in March and I could not possibly be any happier with how it turned out. The whole time I worked with Roger it was like he was reading my mind. After meeting with many florists who subscribe to the red roses and babies breath aesthetic Roger was literally like a breath of fresh air! He is so unbelievably talented- this is what he was made to do. He has a way of creating stunning designs that are so different and eye catching- being a designer myself this is exactly what I was looking for. He is so kind and will bend over backwards for his brides! I can not recommend him highly enough! You will not be disappointed. xo- Lauren

• Wedding: 03/13/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was referred to Roger from the Naked Florist by my cake lady. I was told he was non traditional and very "out of the box". This is what I wanted. Just because you get married doesn't meant you have to have all white and creams and be so conservative (unless that's your thing). So I contacted him to see what he was all about. When we met with him at his gorgeous storefront downtown I was blown away by his shop setup and how creative it really was! He was so nice and flexible with us as far as budget and what we wanted. We really wanted to use him after the meeting! We talked to other florists prior but they just didn't have that extra edge that Roger does! Yea, someone can shove flowers into a vase and say they are a florist but Roger is so much more than that! He goes above and beyond to make your event so perfect and so "you". He really listens to your needs and tries to make it as personal but as creative and cool as possible! I DEFINITELY recommend Roger to anyone looking to add some spice to their event! Why pay for boring??
Sincerely,
Abbie from Tampa

• Wedding: 10/16/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Naked Florist did an AMAZING job with the flowers for our wedding. The flowers were so beautiful, fresh and made the room smell soo fragrant. I was in love with my bouquet and loved the colors of the bridesmaids' bouquets. Roger went above and beyond what I expected and was excellent to work with. He incorporated all the flowers I wanted and was able to work within my budget. He was also courteous and always responded to my questions promptly. Our guests could not stop raving about the centerpieces. I would highly recommend The Naked Florist to other brides who are looking for something unique! Thanks again-I wish my flowers could have lasted forever!

• Wedding: 09/05/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had a dream wedding, in major part because of Roger Capote with The Naked Florist. Not only were my flowers gorgeous, but he brought so many other creative elements to our day that I repeatedly get compliments about the attention to detail. He took the ideas we had and made them even better. I don't know what we would've done without Roger!!!

• Wedding: 05/14/2010