the blue cake company

the blue cake company

14710 cantrell rd. a-11
Little Rock, AR 72223 | map
Desserts: Cookies, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Groom's Cake
Additional services: Consultations, On-site Delivery, On-site Setup, Pick...
Health license: Yes

4.0/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Though we had some issues with them contacting me back at first, Steve did get things sorted and was very on the ball afterwards. Our groom's cake was very unusual but they nailed it. It was delicious and looked exactly right. The wedding cake was good, not as good as it was when I tried it before and it did not look like I expected. We'd discussed real flowers and fake wheat being on the top of the cake and all that was on it was fondant sunflowers. Steve went so far as to tell us he'd grow some darker colored sunflowers himself to put on the cake, which obviously didn't happen. It was pretty, but it wasn't as beautiful as we'd discussed. I was really sad not to see all of my wedding colors on the cake like we'd talked about.

• Wedding: 10/18/2014
4.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 3.0

Great cake maker overall, the only issues we experienced were that they were not as diverse with their choices of flavors for the groom's cake and they did not provide a box for the cakes for us to use after the reception so that it would be easier to carry.

• Wedding: 05/24/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

They were great. They did my cake in a short amont of time and it taste great.

• Wedding: 06/22/2013
4.6/5.0
  • Value: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

The cake, though pricey, was DELICIOUS!!! It looked exactly like we wanted it to!!! Definitely worth the price!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Blue Cake Company is the BEST in Arkansas! They not only look amazing but they taste awesome! Everything they do is from scratch! Our cakes were so beautiful and creative! The staff is so much fun to work with! I will be getting all my cakes from Blue Cake and you should too!

• Wedding: 10/07/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The blue cake company made both the bride and grooms cakes for my wedding. The brides cake was a five teir, and beautiful. It was half vanilla, half red velvet and it was really the best cake I have ever had. The grooms cake was a 3D cake that was chocolate with chocolate frosting and it was so delicious. I would recommend them to anyone for weddings, birthdays or any other special occasion.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We couldn't have been happier! Ellie and Amanda are wonderful to work with. They enthusiastically embraced my daughter's unique and eclectic ideas for her wedding cake. The result was amazing, beautiful, delicious and just what we wanted! Two thumbs up Blue Cake! Great job girls!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
1.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.0
  • Responsiveness: 1.5
  • Professionalism: 2.5
  • Value: 1.0
  • Flexibility: 1.0

NEVER AGAIN!! I ordered my wedding cake from The Blue Cake Company based on a recommendation from a friend. I provided the owner with a picture of what I wanted the cake to look like. The owner assured me the cake would look like the picture. I was really hurt and totally horrified, embarrassed, and gravely disappointed when I saw the cake. The cake was a three tier square cake. It was uneven and the fondant stripes were crooked. There were fingerprints/indentations on the sides of the cake. The presentation and look of the cake was very unprofessional. The cake looked so bad, I asked the photographer not to include pictures of the cake in my photo album. No one complimented the cake and after asking a few of my guest later, they told me the cake was dry. My husband and I only had a small piece of cake for picture taking and it did not taste like the cake we had during the cake tasting. The owner was very apologetic and I could tell he really felt bad. He tried to make it right - refund - but my special day was over and the memory of the cake is one I would rather forget than cherish. I'm still appalled and hurt by this cake experience.

the blue cake company responded with the following comments:

100% money back if not 100% satisfied. 100% money back if we are late. We love what we do and deeply care about our customers. The quality of work we do and the experience we have on our staff is above and beyond. WE GIVE EVERY CUSTOMER OUR BEST EFFORT GUARANTEED!! I do appreciate her letting everyone know how concerned and hurt i was that she was unhappy. You will find no one else that cares more! steve lewandowski

• Wedding: 05/26/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Blue cake made my wedding cake and the cupcakes for the grooms cake. I carried a picture of the exact wedding cake i wanted and they did an amazing job! It looked exactly like the picture! The wedding cake and cupcakes were probably the best tasting cakes i have ever eaten. I've had multiple people from my wedding comment on how great the cakes tasted. Alot of people have really pretty cakes that taste bad, but mine was delicious! The delivery and set up was wonderful as well. They were very professional and helpful in helping me choose flavors and colors too. I would definitely recommend them to anyone getting married or needing a special cake!

the blue cake company responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We are glad you enjoyed everything and happy to be a part of your wedding. Best wishes to you and your husband!

• Wedding: 10/15/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The cake was absolutely gorgeous! The professionalism was unmatched. We were unsure what we wanted, but they were very helpful to us in making our decision....and the cake was as delicious as it was beautiful.

• Wedding: 09/21/2010

3.6/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.5
  • Professionalism: 2.5
  • Flexibility: 4.0

We got our cake from the Blue Cake Company. It was very easy and they were very helpful. However they were 2 hours late delivering the cake and we told them to be there 2 hours early b/c we had heard before they were known for being late on deliveries. But the cake looked and tasted fantastic!!

the blue cake company responded with the following comments:

Our policy is to deliver 1-2 hours before the reception starts on all outdoor weddings. We feel strongly that cake should not be left outside any longer than that.

• Wedding: 10/30/2009
4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amazing service, beautiful product...you cannot go wrong with this bakery.

• Wedding: 05/16/2009
4.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

We ordered our wedding and groom's cake from the Blue Cake Company. The cakes looked and tasted good, but she was a little late to arrive and get them set up. Other than that, it worked out fine.

• Wedding: 10/13/2007
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I believe this would be a great place to get your wedding cake from.

• Wedding: 05/18/2007
4.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Blue Cake Company cakes taste great. They are beautiful too. The people there were very easy to work with!!!! And the cost is VERY reasonable!!! My one complaint is that the colors looked a little different on the actual cake than I was expecting based on the picture we were mimicing. It was still great though!

• Wedding: 05/05/2007
501-868-7771
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
4.3