The Art of Sound

The Art of Sound

Serving Eastern PA and beyond!!

8 Primrose Lane
Sinking Spring, PA 19608 | map
Genres: 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, Acoustic, Big Band, Classic...
Liability Insurance: Yes

Value:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I personally set the bar high because of what I knew Corey was capable of doing. Seeing him in action twice before and being a part of all the guests that were up and dancing was what set that standard. As soon as we booked the venue I knew The Art of Sound had to be there.

People were having such a great time that the guests paid for the additional hour and Corey was happy to stay!

A few weeks before the reception Corey met us for dinner to discuss the reception events. The worksheet he has online really helped to guide me. He was very professional and easy to talk to.

Corey has been doing this quite some time and no need to worry about the little details because he has it under control! He is very honest too. Guests were trying to tip him to play their song first and he gave us all the money! He truly loves what he does and I wouldn't consider anyone else.

Thank you for meeting my expectations!

• Wedding: 10/18/2014
Laura
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If I could give him more stars I would- Corey help saved my fundraiser and turned it into a success. I received notification 4 days prior to my fundraiser for a friend with bone cancer that our original DJ was hospitalized, I found Corey on Wedding wire and within minutes of talking to him- he was willing to help and gave us an amazing price. I can't thank him enough- He went above and beyond and was amazing. He kept everyone happy and dancing- (considering we had people in the age groups of 20-60's) He took peoples request and made the whole night a sucess. He has amzing equiptment and lights- you can't get a better DJ. I read great reviews about him but actually experiencing him at the event is so much better. If I ever need another DJ he will be the guy I go- no questions asked he is the best DJ I have ever seen.

• Wedding: 09/13/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Corey was completely amazing to work with. I ran into problems with other DJs being too obnoxious and overbearing, but not with The Art of Sound. He was extremely professional and knew exactly what to say with every question that I had for him. He was very tasteful and the music he played for the ceremony and reception was perfect! I honestly could not have asked for a more fantastic DJ. The MC-ing was just right. I would definitely recommend Corey to anyone and everyone! Thank you for making our day so extremely special!

• Wedding: 08/30/2014
Corinne
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Cory was great! He did everything we asked and more!

• Wedding: 05/03/2014
Justeena
  • Flexibility: 5.0

corey did an excellent job. He was able to accommodate our song requests, and really kept the crowd pleased.

• Wedding: 11/09/2013
Macall
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Corey was, and is, an awesome DJ!!! He played music we could dance to and played all the music we asked for. He was easy to work with and made sure everyone had a great time, most of all us, the bride and groom! If you are looking for a down to earth DJ that is also a professional, Corey is the DJ for you!!!!
Thanks for helping to make our wedding perfect! :)

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Planning our wedding reception music with Corey Gilmore was such a pleasure and easy. Corey is very professional and took time to really get to know us as couple, what music we liked and flow we wanted for our reception. During our initial and pre-reception meeting Corey was helpful with music selections at the ready to listen to in order for us to make our final music list. His online music selection program was a great help for us since we planned our reception long distance. My husband and I would recommend Corey as a DJ for any event! ~ Mike and Sarah Rule (October 26, 2013)

• Wedding: 10/26/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Corey/The Art of Sound is one of the best DJ's out there. He was very professional and helped facilitate the flow of our wedding/reception. He was very easy to work with, respected our wishes and played great music all night long. He kept things moving and provided great sound to our ceremony and reception. Besides being a great DJ, he's also a cool guy. I would definitely recommend him to other couples looking for great quality at a great value.

• Wedding: 10/11/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were absolutely blown away by Corey's exceptional DJ service. He made the whole day go smoothly even in moments of uncertainty or "what happens next". He is very professional with a laid back and flexible demeanor. We would absolutely recommend him to anyone planning a wedding or any event. Thank you Corey for a wonderful day...we were very happy to share it with you as our DJ. Justin & Stacy

• Wedding: 06/22/2013
Justin
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Corey was a wonderful DJ. I could not have asked for anything more. He had our guests dancing immediately and they continued dancing until he was ready to pack up for the evening. He was also great at making all of our introductions and keeping our reception timeline through toasts, dinner, cake cutting and dances. He certainly helped to make our night more relaxing. I would definitely recommend Corey for your next event!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User
4.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Overall really happy with Corey's service, he worked with us and understood what we wanted for our wedding for both the service and the reception. He played music that we asked for and played a game to get our guests interested and moving. The only criticism that I have is that during the ceremony, the microphone was problematic and he had to shut it off to prevent uncomfortable feedback. Hopefully he fixed that for the next gig and it won't be a problem in the future. But hey, does anything ever go perfectly?? We would recommend him for weddings or parties in the future :)

• Wedding: 04/20/2013
Trisha
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The art of sound and Corey did a great job at the wedding. He played all the right music and our requests and keprt the party going for everyone who attended.

• Wedding: 10/12/2012
Ben
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We could not have been happier with the service we received from Corey at our wedding. In preparing for the wedding, he was always quick to respond to emails and accommodate any request we had. We met twice before the wedding and each meeting ran very smoothly with Corey always being friendly and flexible regarding wedding details. We had a very mixed crowd, from family so conservative that dancing was out-of-the-question and a bit offensive, to friends who couldn’t wait to get the party started. Corey masterfully selected music that was a perfect match for everyone. He was never in our guests faces, and never had the music too loud for conversation. However, he made great selections that kept the dance floor full for a majority of the evening. It was a great mix of classics and newer hits as well – we couldn’t have been happier. We especially loved how Corey kept the party running smoothly while not making himself the center-of-attention, which is exactly what we could have asked for. He ran our party so smoothly, that my new sister-in-law and her fiancé pretty much booked him for their wedding before our reception was even over!!! I truly cannot say enough about Corey’s excellent service and would recommend him to anyone looking for a top-of-the-line DJ in Berks County!!

• Wedding: 10/06/2012
Megan
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Very professional, great music!!!! You will not be disappointed if you choose Corey!!!!!

• Wedding: 09/15/2012
4.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We hired Corey for our wedding. Overall we had a great experience. He provides you with an online data base to make song selections along with songs or artists you don't want to be played. It also includes ALL of the information for your event from the venues wi fi password, event start time, if you have an extra bouquet and garter for the toss, he is definitely organized and prepared. The only negative thing I have to say is that he did play an artist we had listed him not to play. But overall he is affordable, friendly and most important dependable. Would definitely recommend him for your event.

• Wedding: 09/14/2012
Laura
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Soooo much fun!!! As the bride and groom he listened to everything we wanted, and followed through. He kept our guest going from cocktail hour til midnight. Friend of our that were there that are getting married want to have Corey to their weddings.
Corey is flexible, kind, and professional. He even let us visit another of his events before giving him a deposit. Also, note his services are affordable.
The groom says, "he was very good, and has a real DJs voice" :)

• Wedding: 08/11/2012
Courtney
610-670-7008
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards