Special Moments Wedding Chapel

(4.6/5.0)

Sort By:

• Responsiveness:  4.5

Ines 1 Reviews
We had a wonderful experience! The service was excellent and everything was done like I had expected.
Wedding: 10/06/2013

LaKeesha 1 Reviews
Cynde and the Special Moments Staff were very professional and personable and I would recommend their services to all.
Hi LaKeesha,

Thank you so much for the kind words. You and your family was a joy to work with. Thank you for allowing us to be part of your special day. Kiss baby boy for us.
Wedding: 08/04/2013
1.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  2.5
  • Responsiveness:  2.5
  • Professionalism:  1.5
  • Value:  1.5
  • Flexibility:  0.5

GAYLEE 5 Reviews
The chapel is very cute and picturesque and that's why I wanted to have my wedding here. However the price seemed a little high for what we wanted to do. I was okay paying the extra price hoping that the quality of service would out weight the price. Not the case. The day of the ceremony they were more concerned on how they wanted things to go than mine. It was disappointing but it is what it is.
Negatives: not flexible & very old audio system.
Positives: cute chapel
Special Moments Wedding Chapel responded with the following comments:
Oh my. I'm so sorry to hear you weren't happy with the service we provided. I just know it is difficult when we stray from our standard package. Our standard packages are structured so there is minimal setup and tear down by our groups. When we stray from our standard package as we did with your group, it just doesn't seem to go as smoothly as when we provide all the refreshments and decorations. Regarding the price, that really surprises me. Our packages are very reasonably priced compared to other venues. In fact we haven't increased our prices in several years even though our cost have increased dramatically. We are passionate about taking care of each of our couples and their guests. I'm so sorry you feel we didn't take care of you. That's very disappointing and I'll definitely have a discussion with the crew that worked your event to see what we could have done differently. Please accept my sincere apology.
Wedding: 01/13/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Sally was wonderful in helping Wendell and myself in planning our date and time for our wedding. Thank you so much!!!
Hi Sheila,

Thank you very much for the wonderful review. Sally is definitely a special person. I'm so glad she took good care of you and that you and Wendell shared your day with us at Special Moments Chapel

These reviews are very important to us. So we truly appreciate your taking the time to let our potential couples know we care.
Wedding: 06/09/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Special Moments Chapel is the most beautiful and special little chapel in the Dallas area. If you want a well decorated, friendly, knowledgeable staff and venue for an intimate wedding and/or reception this is the most romantic place to go. Sally and the rest of the staff are so friendly, helpful, and professional my wedding went by w/ hardly a hitch. Carolyn, our officiate was so kind and had the best vows, and special touches that she added to our ceremony that made it one of a kind. The ladies at Special Moments were there with every panic phone call and every silly question. Our wedding will be thought of fondly and lovingly because of Special Moments. I could not have found a more perfect place to marry the love of my life.
Special Moments Wedding Chapel responded with the following comments:
Thank you so much Kattie. These reviews are so very important to our small business.

You were such a beautiful bride! We were honored to have you share your Special Day with us. It was our pleasure to take care of you and your guests. Please stay in touch!
Wedding: 04/15/2012
Services Used: Officiant, Wedding Planning, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We had a great wedding on 11/11/11. I was so impressed with the level of service and Melissa's help. She did an excellent job. Carolyn was always very responsive to emails very quickly that helped a lot. All the vendors she reccomended with honest opinions of them. We really appreciated that and we loved each and every vendor. I even forgot the rings in the ceremony and had to put it on pause when one of the people assisting from Special Moments went and got it from my shoe box in the bridal suite. Ha! I am so impressed how Melissa had everything organized and usually I have to be in control. She had TONS of patience with the extra family members that felt the need to attend the rehearsel, and that was greatly appreciated. I will never forget these guys and their services and will always recommend them! Excellent place, and you could not pick better! Inexpensive as well (at least just not overpriced) Thank you guys!!!!

Kristi and Luis
Wedding: 11/11/2011
4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0

Private User 1 Reviews
I could not have asked for a more perfect wedding and venue.
Wedding: 2+ years ago
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Officiant, Wedding Planning, Lighting & Decor, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Special Moments Chapel was an incredible venue. The Chapel is beautiful and the staff were incredible. There was a high level of professionalism from the moment we walked thru the door that has continued for weeks beyond the ceremony. The most impressive thing was that thru all of this we didn't feel like just another customer. We truely felt that we were important to them and they were trying just as hard as we were to make this a special day not only for us but for our guests also. My hats off to them! In an industry where is seems it is more about how much money they can charge you and how quickly they can get it from you; Special Moments is a shining beacon of customer service that neither my wife or I will forget. Thank you Special Moments staff for making our wedding perfect and beautiful! We are still receiving comments from guests about how much they enjoyed your venue.
Wedding: 07/23/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I photographed a wedding at Special Moments and was surprised at the professionalism of the service. It is an historic small chapel, with a quaint appearance. The reception area is steps away in a separate building. I was impressed at how well staffed SM was with with uniformed attendants and coordinator who were attentive to details. I counted 5 people providing a smooth reception for a crowd of thirty at this small wedding. That is attention to detail!
Wedding: 07/15/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The Chapel and Reception Hall are both great!! Plus Carolyn and her staff take care of everything! They think of all the details even if you don't! Everyone at Special Moments is experienced, professional, and go out of their way to make it a "Special Day"!
Wedding: 06/04/2011
  • Flexibility:  4.5
I know this review is a bit late! I got married at this wonderful venue on April 16, 2011. It was a beautiful and stress free day for my family and I and everything was perfect. Carolyn and her staff are so good at what they do and they kept the day rolling smoothly. I had 50 guests which this venue is perfect for smaller weddings. The chapel is quaint and historic and the reception hall is gorgeous when decorated. I just had to tell them what I wanted, and they handled to rest! I couldn't have done things better myself!! Thank you for making my day perfect!
Special Moments Wedding Chapel responded with the following comments:
Thank you so very much for your kind words about our special facility and the level of service we provide. We just love our jobs and want to make sure our couples and their entire group is taken care of. It was such a pleasure having you, your family, and your guests with us. Great group.
Wedding: 04/16/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Carolyn and her staff were so much help in planning and making my dream wedding come true. I am so happy with the way everything from the flowers in the chapel to the tea in the reception turned out. We had a few bumps along the road with sick kids on rehearsal and that was taken into stride and moved right along. I can't thank them enough for the way they listened to what my vision was and helped me work towards the main goal. I won't marry again but if I did this would certainly be a place I'd want to go. Friendly and caring people with great heart and passion for what they do.
Wedding: 11/06/2010
Services Used: Officiant, Wedding Planning, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  4.5
This was the perfect place for me to have my wedding and reception because I just wanted a nice small ceremony for close family and friends.
I loved the historical feel and look to the chapel also.
The staff was very helpful with making me feel stress free and relaxed, therefore I was able to enjoy my big day. I also really liked the fact that the church was very easy to locate for my guests.
Wedding: 10/16/2010
4.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.5
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Carolyn is the number one lady there. She was truly the backbone of our beautiful and cozy wedding. She married us and had so many options on how we may wanted our wedding ceremony to be. She also was our wedding coordinator and had help from some staff. She made sure everyone enjoyed the wedding with no worries and made sure it ran smoothly, too. I am one busy person and choosing Special Moments Chapel made wedding planning a breeze.
Wedding: 08/15/2010
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Flowers, Officiant, Wedding Planning, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Special Moments Chapel was the perfect place for my daughter's wedding. Everyone there was very accommodating and pleasant to work with. The history of the chapel was interesting. If you are thinking of having a less stressful wedding where so much is taken care of for you, this is the place for you. I don't know what I would have done without Carolyn & Sally! Thank you and thanks to the ladies that helped at the reception. My husband said we wouldn't have changed a thing. It was perfect!
Loved the Chicken Dance!
Wedding: 08/14/2010
Services Used: Officiant, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
What a wonderful piece of history to have a wedding at. From the moment I walked in to the chapel I knew that is where I would marry Brad.
The owner Carolyn Brister is amazing. She was always prompt about returning calls and emails regarding our questions. She made us feel important and treated our wedding day as if it were her own. The staff was kind and helpful. We truly appreciated everything being organized and ready to go. It took the stress off of us and allowed Brad and I to enjoy our special day. I recommend Special Moments Chapel to any bride and groom looking to have a vintage type wedding at a location with a lot of history!

Many thanks,
Rikki
Wedding: 07/16/2010
Services Used: Officiant, Ceremony & Reception Venue
 817-307-1454
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire