SMD Wedding & Portrait Photography

SMD Wedding & Portrait Photography

Capturing Your Special Moments is Our Business...

Central FL
Mount Dora, FL 32757 | map
Style: Contemporary, Photojournalism, Portraiture
Packages: Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount, High Resolution ...
Liability Insurance: Yes

Value:
Flexibility:
(5.0 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The photographs from my wedding are amazing! Wonderful quality, perfectly focused. It seemed like my photographer was everywhere he needed to be all at the same time, pretty remarkable. I'm so very thankful to have these snapshots of an awesome day to help me remember it forever.

• Wedding: 10/05/2013
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sam of SMD Wedding Photography is an absolute gem for all you future brides out there. I could not recommend his services enough. When I found SMD through online web searches, I thought the photos combined with the prices of the packages listed were too good to be true, but when I met Sam in person I knew it was a done deal. Incredibly personable, kind, and professional. Every photo looks like it belongs in a magazine and I am so happy!

• Wedding: 05/03/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Absolutely loved them as the photographers for my wedding! Perfect mix of professional and fun!! My pictures are amazing! Sam is so easy to work with, he is through with information before and after the wedding and willing to work with you. Sneak peaks were up the same weekend as the wedding, the rest of the pictures were released to me within a month and they are beautiful!! They captured so much of the ceremony and reception that I didn't get to see.
I will hire SMD whenever I need pictures from now on, even if that means I have to travel to them since the did travel 2 hours to do my wedding!

• Wedding: 04/06/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sam Dickenson is a JOY to work with and we really enjoyed having him at our wedding. He was on time, responded quickly to all emails in the months leading up to our wedding, was very flexible and open to our requests and ideas about posed photos. We utilized his 2 photographer package (it was cheaper than most other photographers single photographer package!) and we felt that both photographers did a wonderful job of not distracting us or getting in our line of vision. During the ceremony I never even knew they were there. I loved Sam's willingness to give us the non-traditional photos that we wanted as well as the posed shots. His use of color and perspective were fantastic, and his website was full of different styles of photography so it was easy to show him what photo composition we were most interested in for our wedding pictures. Sam will definately be our photographer as our family grows!

• Wedding: 05/05/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sam is WONDERFUL! I used him for my engagement pictures in Florida. I am getting married in Idaho and wanted my pictures here at home to look as rustic as possible. He found the perfect place, took amazing pictures, made my fiance and I so comfortable, and is super fast. In less than a month I booked our session, took the pictures, saw previews, got a gallery of all the pictures, and now have the CD and real pictures in my hand. I cannot say enough good things about his work! And he was always available for questions both through e-mail, his website, or the phone.

• Wedding: 04/16/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sam is such a talented photographer. He made our E-Session very fun and comfortable. The photos turned out beautifully despite the wind and lack of sun. I would definitely recommend SMD Wedding & Portrait Photography to any Bride. Not only is it affordable, but the quality is superb!

• Wedding: 03/30/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sam of SMD Photo Services was a pleasure to work it. He was flexible with the time (even as it was his Spring Break). He was patient with us and our wacky schedule, reassuring us that everything was going to be great and we should enjoy the ceremony (even if we were almost 1 hour behind schedule). His turnaround time was spectacular (less than 1 month) and the photo quality was what I expected and more. Our families are very happy with the results and service Sam provided. He truly is an amazing photographer and a great friend.

• Wedding: 03/25/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I couldn't be happier with my decision to sign a contact with SMD for my recent wedding. Sam and Jen traveled from Orlando to the DC/Baltimore area to capture our special day and did an incredible job. I dropped the ball, communication-wise, before the wedding. I never sent a list of photos I wanted or of important people, but Sam and Jen managed to capture everything I could have wished for and more. They went way above and beyond expectations by helping us pace our day before arriving at the venue with the wedding advice that only veteran photographers could possibly have. They even surprised my bridal party and me by arriving (early) to the salon when they couldn't get in touch with me. These were some of my favorite pictures from the wedding, and I so appreciated them going above and beyond to capture them.

In retrospect, the following are the things I should have considered in selecting a photographer (I didn't consider all of them, but am quite happy that I lucked out):

Value. SMD was less expensive, including travel fees, to photograph my East coast event than any of the local photographers without travel fees. Sam went above and beyond by editing and posting several pictures on Facebook a day after the wedding (while he was still traveling) to ensure that family members of mine who were too sick to travel could see the wedding. His rates are beyond reasonable for someone with his talent and eye for beauty.

Experience. Obviously, Sam's pictures speak for themselves. Browse his website and feel confident that the quality of the pictures you see is genuinely the quality with which he provides every bride and groom. Beyond the photography, Sam was able to keep us on pace and prepared for the things I didn't know I was supposed to be prepared for.

Personality. Sam and Jen laughed with us throughout the day. They served as intermediaries between us and our sometimes-pushy day-of coordinator. They even served as intermediaries between us and our sometimes-pushy family. More than that, they seemed genuinely happy to be there with us. (And it's a tiny, tiny thing—but they even thanked us for making sure they got their dinners.)

Choosing SMD to photograph our wedding was the best vendor-decision I made. They captured moments I would have completely missed and have given us keepsakes that do justice to all the detail-planning that was done. Wonderful photography, phenomenal people.

• Wedding: 11/19/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sam was awesome! He got a great variety of photos and was timely and professional. The formal pictures after the wedding ceremony were short and sweet and he got plenty of great pictures. We are so happy to have such great mementos of our special day! Thanks Sam!!!

• Wedding: 09/03/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sam was great!! He photographed both our engagement session as well as the wedding and reception. The quality of the photos and all of the services were excellent! His response time to questions and concerns were always immediate. He came highly recommended and I was not disappointed at all. I also felt that his pricing was very reasonable for the level and quality of service that was provided! I would definitely recommend him to others and use his services again if the opportunity presents itself!

• Wedding: 07/30/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

SMD was absolutely wonderful to work with. Sam, Jennifer, & Melisa were all very easy going, laid back people who were just a pleasure. In the beginning stages, they we the most prompt photographers in response to any and all questions, but that responsiveness never lessened. They were extremely flexible with times, places, etc to meet and we even changed our wedding day timing a couple days before and they were extremely accomodating. They have great personalities and are willing to do whatever you want for pictures. And the pictures themselves-WOW!!! They are absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Everyone I've shown our gallery to is just in awe of how beautiful they turned out. Sam sent us a sneak preview only a couple days after our wedding, a slideshow to music a couple days after that, and our entire gallery in less than 2 weeks. And they are so reasonably priced...i would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone looking for a quality photographer that will listen to your suggestions and ideas, is flexible, fun, and wants quality pictures. I will be using them for other picture needs in the future.

• Wedding: 05/06/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

SMD provided us with beautiful wedding photos. He captured every little detail and special moment of our wedding. He was creative with our photos and remained professional throughout the event. SMD also travels as our wedding was over 1000 miles from his location! Thank you for making our wedding day so special and capturing our memories!

• Wedding: 03/26/2011
4.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sam was excellent to work with - If I could change anything, it would be that there were more "Intiment" pictures of myself and the Groom but Im 99% possitive if I would have asked for it, he would have definitely made it happen! Other then that I think he did an excellent job capturing everything that made that day so special.

• Wedding: 03/05/2011
4.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sam & his asst. were great!!! They were so nice & fun! I felt very relaxed on my wedding day. They got some great shots of everyone having fun. I would recommend him to everyone! And the price was reasonable!

• Wedding: 06/11/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sam was awesome. Not only did he work with our budget, but the pictures were Great!! He was so patient and kind. I wasnt to sure about my flower girl, she is only 2. But let me tell you he got some amazing pictures of her =) especially the one of her dumping her whole basket on the aisle. He would just sit there and wait for a shot and they came out perfect. Well if you are looking for someone who will take amazing pictures, He is you man. Thanks again

• Wedding: 10/11/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Smd wedding photography did an awsome job on our weddding day. We couldn't be happier!!! Excellent!!! Would reccommend to anyone. Very impressed with how our pictures came out. Our pictures capture all our special moments on our wedding day. A++. ~Patrick and Christie Gilrane

• Wedding: 08/15/2009
407-588-7627
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards