Rev. Carolyn Carpenter ~ Sunflower Weddings & Beyond
Ceremonies - Coaching - Classes for a Happy, Healthy and Meaningful Ceremony and Life
PO Box 7388

Flexibility:
 (3.9/5.0)

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
Carolyn is such a wonderful person and a loving, caring officiant. She is certainly passionate about what she does and wants to make sure each and every ceremony and couple is unique and special just to them. We were so thankful to have her as our officiant, the ceremony was perfect! We couldn't have asked for anything more, it was so thoughtful, loving, and tailored just for us. She really puts her heart and soul into the ceremony and it shows. The message was very moving and special. Thank you Carolyn! You are absolutely the best and we are so thankful to have worked with you!
Wedding: 09/01/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
A big thank you to Carolyn for such a beautiful ceremony. Everything was so perfect and personal and we would not change a thing!!!
Wedding: 06/22/2013
0.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.0
  • Responsiveness:  0.0
  • Professionalism:  0.0
  • Value:  0.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0
I absolutely do not recommend Carolyn from Sunflower Weddings. She broke our contract and did not refund our $250 deposit. When we met she agreed to facilitate our rehearsal but 1 month before the wedding she booked another wedding on the same day. We could not get a hold of her to write the ceremony and she was extremely rude when i would call to schedule time to meet She just did not care about our wedding--She only seemed to care about the money.
Rev. Carolyn Carpenter ~ Sunflower Weddings & Beyond responded with the following comments:
Dear K and P - It appears we have a different understanding of what happened. Here are my facts:

1. We met and signed an agreement in May. It included a $200 (not $250) non-refundable deposit. Your paperwork did not specify a rehearsal time.

2. I had a wedding booked on your Rehearsal day since November of 2011 (not 1 month prior to your wedding). Six weeks prior to your wedding P gave me a rehearsal time. I could not accommodate that time due to the scheduled wedding time in another town. I offered many options for the rehearsal. P said he would talk to you and get back to me.

4. Four weeks prior to your wedding P called to tell me that you did not want me to officiate and wanted a refund of the deposit. I did not ‘break our contract’ - you did. I was gracious and asked if I could recommend an officiant for you, P said his ‘mother was going to help out with that’ and seemed to understand. Even though you canceled the agreement, and it was a non-refundable deposit, I offered to refund it if I could rebook the date.

4. I was not able to rebook the date on such short notice.

5. Planning a wedding brings up all kinds of stress and dynamics. Since you had a copy of my ceremony guidebook perhaps a family member or friend ended up officiating your ceremony, since that is allowed in Colorado.

I wish you both all the best and hope you can put this behind you so you can fully focus on your marriage and creating a beautiful and meaningful life together.
Wedding: 10/05/2012
4.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  4.5

Anonymous 5 Reviews
We loved having Carolyn Carpenter as our officiant. Everyone at the ceremony remarked on what a great job she did.
Wedding: 09/02/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Carolyn was great. She worked with our daughter to create a very special and touching ceremony. Carolyn has a warmth and sincerity in her presentation. All was perfect. As owners of the wedding venue at Stone Mountain Lodge in Lyons, CO and parents of the bride, we recommend Carolyn and Sunflower weddings highly.
Wedding: 08/19/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Our wedding was absolutely perfect! Carolyn gave us a book with several choices of readings and rituals and we put together exactly what we wanted. It was a non-religious ceremony and it was extremely moving and beautiful. Everyone in attendance commented on how beautiful and unique it was afterward. Carolyn was also very familiar with Chautauqua and helped us pick the perfect spot with the picturesque mountains in the background. Thank you SO MUCH for our unforgettable day Carolyn!
Wedding: 06/18/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Carolyn loves what she does and she is open to all types of ceremonies. My now husband and I took time to really piece together a number of different ideas to create an extremely personal ceremony. Carolyn met with us a couple of times to talk about what we were interested in and to help us finalize our ideas. She was so easy to talk to and the way she conducted our ceremony made it warm, welcoming and a perfect representation of who we are. I would recommend her to anyone I knew who was looking for an officiant.
Wedding: 09/25/2009
1.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  1.0
  • Responsiveness:  1.0
  • Professionalism:  1.0
  • Value:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  1.0

Erin Marie 2 Reviews
When writing our ceremony, our suggestions were not well received. I would send Carolyn our suggestions and she would send something entirely different back. Additionally, she took it upon herself to change my vows (She shortened what I wrote and then printed it on a card for me to read during the ceremony; there was no way to recover my original, longer vows). Finally, on the day of the wedding as my dress was being bustled she came in to tell me that we owed her additional money for traveling to a different location for the rehearsal (This was not disclosed to me beforehand). I would not recommend Carolyn.
Wedding: 06/27/2009
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Carolyn was great for our ceremony and was even willing to stay late, hoping the rain would subside. Our friends and family even complimented our ceremony and the officiant!
Wedding: 06/20/2009
3.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.5
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  3.5
During our rehearsal, our wedding planner received a copy of our ceremony that was over a month old. We were not able to make sure that the ceremony was correct until the morning of the wedding. Also, our request that Carolyn face away from the guests was not received well. I had our planner speak with her and she let us face the guests instead of her. The day of the wedding, our planner was given the most up to date ceremony and everything went very well.
Wedding: 07/29/2006
 303-877-9913
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire