Rev. Carolyn Carpenter ~ Sunflower Weddings & Beyond

Rev. Carolyn Carpenter ~ Sunflower Weddings & Beyond

Ceremonies - Coaching - Classes for a Happy, Healthy and Meaningful Ceremony and Life

PO Box 7388

Value:
Flexibility:
(3.6 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Carolyn was wonderful! Her joy and warmth radiated on us and our guests for our ceremony. Many guests mentioned how great she was to us. She worked with us ahead of time to come up with readings and rituals and had great suggestions that made our day incredibly meaningful. Highly recommend!

• Wedding: 08/23/2014
4.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We really enjoyed working with Carolyn, and she did a great job officiating our ceremony. After several back-and-forth emails, we came up with a ceremony that my husband and I are really proud of. We got so many compliments on the content and flow of our ceremony, and everything we included was very meaningful to us. Carolyn skyped with us before the ceremony to help iron out the details, and this was really helpful.

The only difficulty was that Carolyn was sometimes hard to reach, as I think she is very busy. I would email her to schedule a skype date, and wouldn't hear back from her for several days.

That said, we are very happy with our experience with Carolyn, and would recommend her to others.

• Wedding: 08/15/2014
0.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.0
  • Value: 0.0
  • Flexibility: 0.0

I would not recommend Carolyn from Sunflower weddings EVER! The day before our wedding she sent me an email for the remaining balance in our contract however an additional $150.00 was added for our rehearsal that had not been agreed to in our contract. I called and she said it was stated very clearly in our contract that there was a charge for $150.00 in addition to the $300.00 we were already paying her. I asked her to send me a copy of the contract so I could review it, however she never sent it and told me she would waive the fee as a gift to us. Then on our wedding day we had requested during the rehearsal that my mother be asked to stand when asking who gave me away. Carolyn completely by passed it and never asked for my mom to stand ( a moment ill never get back) when I asked her what happened her responce was "sorry I forgot" (are you kidding!) She came up to my husband and I after dinner and asked us to just send her a check with the remainder of our payment once things settled down for us. Well after the week long honeymoon and trying to get back into the swing of things I received a very nasty email from Carolyn threatening to send us to small claims court if she didn't get her money and was called a liar when I told her there was already a check in the mail to her. I don't recommended Carolyn for these reasons and looks like I'm not alone after reading some of the review's below.

• Wedding: 08/09/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Carolyn is such a wonderful person and a loving, caring officiant. She is certainly passionate about what she does and wants to make sure each and every ceremony and couple is unique and special just to them. We were so thankful to have her as our officiant, the ceremony was perfect! We couldn't have asked for anything more, it was so thoughtful, loving, and tailored just for us. She really puts her heart and soul into the ceremony and it shows. The message was very moving and special. Thank you Carolyn! You are absolutely the best and we are so thankful to have worked with you!

• Wedding: 09/01/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

A big thank you to Carolyn for such a beautiful ceremony. Everything was so perfect and personal and we would not change a thing!!!

• Wedding: 06/22/2013
0.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.0
  • Value: 0.0
  • Flexibility: 0.0

I absolutely do not recommend Carolyn from Sunflower Weddings. She broke our contract and did not refund our $250 deposit. When we met she agreed to facilitate our rehearsal but 1 month before the wedding she booked another wedding on the same day. We could not get a hold of her to write the ceremony and she was extremely rude when i would call to schedule time to meet She just did not care about our wedding--She only seemed to care about the money.

Rev. Carolyn Carpenter ~ Sunflower Weddings & Beyond responded with the following comments:

Dear K and P - It appears we have a different understanding of what happened. Here are my facts:

1. We met and signed an agreement in May. It included a $200 (not $250) non-refundable deposit. Your paperwork did not specify a rehearsal time.

2. I had a wedding booked on your Rehearsal day since November of 2011 (not 1 month prior to your wedding). Six weeks prior to your wedding P gave me a rehearsal time. I could not accommodate that time due to the scheduled wedding time in another town. I offered many options for the rehearsal. P said he would talk to you and get back to me.

4. Four weeks prior to your wedding P called to tell me that you did not want me to officiate and wanted a refund of the deposit. I did not ‘break our contract’ - you did. I was gracious and asked if I could recommend an officiant for you, P said his ‘mother was going to help out with that’ and seemed to understand. Even though you canceled the agreement, and it was a non-refundable deposit, I offered to refund it if I could rebook the date.

4. I was not able to rebook the date on such short notice.

5. Planning a wedding brings up all kinds of stress and dynamics. Since you had a copy of my ceremony guidebook perhaps a family member or friend ended up officiating your ceremony, since that is allowed in Colorado.

I wish you both all the best and hope you can put this behind you so you can fully focus on your marriage and creating a beautiful and meaningful life together.

• Wedding: 10/05/2012
4.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

We loved having Carolyn Carpenter as our officiant. Everyone at the ceremony remarked on what a great job she did.

• Wedding: 09/02/2012
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Carolyn was great. She worked with our daughter to create a very special and touching ceremony. Carolyn has a warmth and sincerity in her presentation. All was perfect. As owners of the wedding venue at Stone Mountain Lodge in Lyons, CO and parents of the bride, we recommend Carolyn and Sunflower weddings highly.

• Wedding: 08/19/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding was absolutely perfect! Carolyn gave us a book with several choices of readings and rituals and we put together exactly what we wanted. It was a non-religious ceremony and it was extremely moving and beautiful. Everyone in attendance commented on how beautiful and unique it was afterward. Carolyn was also very familiar with Chautauqua and helped us pick the perfect spot with the picturesque mountains in the background. Thank you SO MUCH for our unforgettable day Carolyn!

• Wedding: 06/18/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Carolyn loves what she does and she is open to all types of ceremonies. My now husband and I took time to really piece together a number of different ideas to create an extremely personal ceremony. Carolyn met with us a couple of times to talk about what we were interested in and to help us finalize our ideas. She was so easy to talk to and the way she conducted our ceremony made it warm, welcoming and a perfect representation of who we are. I would recommend her to anyone I knew who was looking for an officiant.

• Wedding: 09/25/2009
1.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 1.0
  • Responsiveness: 1.0
  • Professionalism: 1.0
  • Value: 1.0
  • Flexibility: 1.0

When writing our ceremony, our suggestions were not well received. I would send Carolyn our suggestions and she would send something entirely different back. Additionally, she took it upon herself to change my vows (She shortened what I wrote and then printed it on a card for me to read during the ceremony; there was no way to recover my original, longer vows). Finally, on the day of the wedding as my dress was being bustled she came in to tell me that we owed her additional money for traveling to a different location for the rehearsal (This was not disclosed to me beforehand). I would not recommend Carolyn.

• Wedding: 06/27/2009
Erin Marie
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Carolyn was great for our ceremony and was even willing to stay late, hoping the rain would subside. Our friends and family even complimented our ceremony and the officiant!

• Wedding: 06/20/2009
0.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.5
  • Value: 0.5
  • Flexibility: 1.0

Rev. Carolyn Carpenter almost ruined my wedding. She was an hour and a half late to the ceremony. When she finally showed up, she wagged her finger in mine and my husband's face. When the ceremony finally happened, her voice was only audible to me and my husband. No one else heard a word of the ceremony, not even our parents sitting in the front row or our wedding party, standing right next to her. Rev. Carpenter was unprofessional and rude on the biggest day of our lives. We will always regret hiring her and I hate that she is in our pictures.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
  • Responsiveness: 3.5
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 3.5

During our rehearsal, our wedding planner received a copy of our ceremony that was over a month old. We were not able to make sure that the ceremony was correct until the morning of the wedding. Also, our request that Carolyn face away from the guests was not received well. I had our planner speak with her and she let us face the guests instead of her. The day of the wedding, our planner was given the most up to date ceremony and everything went very well.

• Wedding: 07/29/2006
303-877-9913
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
3.5