Mary Johnson, Humanist Celebrant

Mary Johnson, Humanist Celebrant

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Mary Johnson, Humanist Celebrant

Personalized ceremonies for special occasions throughout New England and beyond

Named New Hampshire's 2015 #1 Wedding Officiant: Each marriage is a unique commitment between two unique people, and your wedding should reflect your personal values and style. I design one-of-a-kind, nonreligious ceremonies, using my skills as an attentive listener, professional writer, and experienced event planner and public speaker.

My goal is to delight you by listening so carefully to you that your wedding carries exactly the tone and message you want, whether serious or more light-hearted, romantic or low-key. I meet with each couple several times before the wedding so that together we can craft a ceremony that's perfect for you. During the process, we get to know each other well, so that you'll feel that a friend, not just an anonymous official, stands beside you as you take your vows.

Because your ceremony will be unique -- and because I firmly believe that no wedding should be boring -- your celebration will continue to inspire you and your family and friends throughout the coming weeks, months, and years of your marriage.

I've orchestrated events, including weddings, vows ceremonies, memorial services, and other special events for over four decades, from New Mexico to New Hampshire and across the ocean to Italy. I'm also happy to celebrate same-sex weddings. Though I once offered multiple packages including elopements and an abbreviated process, I've found that what I enjoy most is working with couples rather intimately, so I now offer only the deluxe package, which includes several pre-wedding meetings, the rehearsal, the wedding, a bound copy of your ceremony, and an optional post-wedding meeting, for $800 (plus travel expenses for weddings located more than 20 miles from Nashua, NH).

To talk more about how we can plan a beautiful ceremony just for you, email me at mary@maryjohnson.co.

Categories: Wedding Officiant

Interfaith Ceremony (1)
Non-religious (1)
Rehearsal (1)
Licensed (1)

Mary did an absolute amazing job as our officiant. Every one of our guests commented how beautiful, funny, and meaningful our ceremony was. She put a tremendous amount of work to really personalize the ceremony to fit us. I could not have imagined a more perfect wedding ceremony.

Profile Picture Carolyn, 8/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Mary was a fantastic officiant and over the course of planning our wedding I feel that she became more than that. She made our wedding incredibly personal and I know that we will return often to reread our wedding ceremony book. We really appreciated how easy she made it to incorporate our ideas and how much time she put into working with us. The wedding guests and especially the wedding vendors continue to comment on how wonderful our ceremony was and what a great job Mary did with it.

Profile Picture Jason, 8/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Mary made the whole process enjoyable from beginning to end. From our first phone conversation we knew that Mary was the right officiant for us and she proved that again and again throughout. We couldn't have found a more reassuring, knowledgable, caring, compassionate and loving person to marry us.

Profile Picture Declan, 6/17/17, 1 Review

220x220 sq 1472854737681 sam  evan  lake
220x220 sq 1472854780604 uke playing
220x220 sq 1472854838400 ukulele

1 ENDORSEMENT
Mary was a perfect fit for a ceremony I planned in honor of my mother's passing. She listened to what we wanted, was prompt with her correspondence, and helped put together a memorial service that was perfect for us. I would recommend her services for weddings, memorial services, or other family related ceremonies.

Events