33 Reviews for Mary Johnson, Humanist Celebrant

Non-religious (1)
Rehearsal (1)
Licensed (1)
19 Mary Johnson, Humanist Celebrant Reviews

Mary was not only an incredible addition to our wedding day and wedding planning but truly one of the most amazing people my now husband and I have ever met. She took the time to really get to know us and make sure our ceremony was going to be perfect for us. We always looked forward to our meetings with Mary and are so sad they are over! We cannot imagine our day any other way than with Mary and are so happy we had the pleasure of getting to know her. Mary is really something special!

Profile Picture Alexandra, 7/14/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Mary did an absolute amazing job as our officiant. Every one of our guests commented how beautiful, funny, and meaningful our ceremony was. She put a tremendous amount of work to really personalize the ceremony to fit us. I could not have imagined a more perfect wedding ceremony.

Profile Picture Carolyn, 8/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Mary was a fantastic officiant and over the course of planning our wedding I feel that she became more than that. She made our wedding incredibly personal and I know that we will return often to reread our wedding ceremony book. We really appreciated how easy she made it to incorporate our ideas and how much time she put into working with us. The wedding guests and especially the wedding vendors continue to comment on how wonderful our ceremony was and what a great job Mary did with it.

Profile Picture Jason, 8/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Mary made the whole process enjoyable from beginning to end. From our first phone conversation we knew that Mary was the right officiant for us and she proved that again and again throughout. We couldn't have found a more reassuring, knowledgable, caring, compassionate and loving person to marry us.

Profile Picture Declan, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Mary Johnson learned so much about us as a couple, truly understood us, and created a ceremony that perfectly captured our vibe, our values and our love. Thoughtful, irreverent, literary -- Mary is fantastic.

Profile Picture Christina, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My husband and I could not have picked a more perfect person to create our wedding ceremony! Mary Johnson is so wonderful, she truly cares about the couple she's working with. She created a beautiful, unique ceremony that reflected us perfectly! A few people at our wedding we didn't know well even commented that after listening to Mary speak about us, they felt like they had known us for years!
If you're looking for someone to help you craft the perfect ceremony, someone who will listen to your wants and needs, and someone who will be a calming presence when dealing with wedding day stress, I highly recommend Mary Johnson!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 10/9/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Rehearsal, Non-religious

Mary Johnson is warm, engaging and delightful to work with. She created and performed a lovely wedding ceremony that touched our hearts and captured all that we wanted to express. We highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Vada, 8/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Mary was wonderful. She did a great job bringing together our different viewpoints and come to a good compromise. It was a beautiful ceremony and we receive a lot of compliments from family + friends. I highly recommend her.

Profile Picture User5558493, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Mary made our ceremony perfect. She invited us into her home many times so that she knew who we were and what we wanted for our wedding. She understood this event only happens once and wanted to get it right. At her home, we had discussed wanting a ukulele player, but in the end we just couldn't afford it.

The day of our wedding, we were beyond thrilled when she surprised us during our ceremony by bringing her ukulele and playing a song that meant a lot to us. To say the least, there were no dry eyes.

Our ceremony was so special and the highlight of our day. Mary went above and beyond and made wonderful memories that we will never forget. If you want to work with a celebrant who is professional, kind, and truly cares about you, choose Mary.

Profile Picture Samantha, 5/28/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Customized Vows

Mary was great. She took the time to get to know us and understand our relationship and came up with a completely unique wedding ceremony that matched our personalities perfectly. 100% would recommend.

Profile Picture Evan, 5/28/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We had no idea how to find an officiant for our wedding. It's almost like picking a capable doctor out of the phone book. I wanted someone local, but good. I searched the Internet and found Weddingwire and a lot of listings. Choosing was not simple. I checked out several who were local, and Mary was one of those.
I found her web page and testimonials to be very positive and so took a chance, and with approval of my fiance', contacted her. We all met shortly after and we both really loved her personality and her willingness to help us through this seemingly impossible task of having a celebration that was "us" and not some canned, generic just-get-it-done ceremony.
Mary gave us questionnaires to help her get to know who we were as individuals as well as a lot of material to choose from to help her determine the type of service we'd like. Every part of the service from readings to vows was covered.
We had a lot of input to provide, but it all made the end result, our ceremony, very special and personal. Many of our family commented on how terrific the ceremony and Mary were, and we fully concur.
You can't go wrong choosing Mary as your officiant. She's terrific to work with and the ceremony will be tailored just for you. Besides that she's a really wonderful person just to meet and get to know.

Profile Picture User7069918, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Any couple who is looking for an alternative to a minister, priest or justice of the peace need look no further. We are an older couple, and Mary tailored our ceremony perfectly to that. We only had to meet a couple of times with her. She had us fill out some questionnaires and submit them to her online which ultimately helped her to get a good idea of who we are and how we got together and what we wanted for our ceremony. Mary is so warm and friendly, has a great sense of humor and was truly interested in us as a couple. She took all of the input we gave her, what we wanted and didn't want, and she made our ceremony absolutely beautiful!! Most of our guests were older as well and told us how much they enjoyed the ceremony because it wasn't like anything they had seen before. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Mary as your wedding celebrant.

Profile Picture Georgia, 5/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Mary Johnson came to speak with my students after we finished reading her book, An Unquenchable Thirst. We loved listening to her amazing story! I look forward to Mary Johnson wedding my partner and I.

Profile Picture User4915926, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Entertainer

"Mary was absolutely wonderful, caring and compassionate when it came to our wedding. She met with us on four occasions prior to our wedding and made herself available whenever we needed assistance in planning our ceremony. Mary offered her opinion, but only when asked, and respected our wishes, through and through. She followed through with every detail and left us, our family and friends, with a spiritual ceremony to be remembered forever. "

Profile Picture User6542856, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Interfaith Ceremony

Mary was very receptive to our needs, and did an excellent job crafting a ceremony that really suited us well!

Profile Picture Michael, 6/27/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Mary JOHNSON is like no one else. Beautiful gracious gentle and fiercely intelligent she brings these qualities to every occasion.

Profile Picture Esther, 1/25/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Mary made our wedding so special. The ceremony was exactly what we wanted—serious, sweet, romantic, and personal. She also made the rehearsal and wedding day run smoothly and completely removed the burden of stress. It was a pleasure to get to know her and we hope to stay in touch

Profile Picture Meaghan, 8/2/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We have the privilege of knowing Mary personally, and having seen her both speak and lead secular seasonal celebrations, so it was VERY clear to us that we wanted Mary to give one of the seven blessings at our atheist Jewish wedding. Mary's blessing was thoughtful and personalized, and we couldn't have been happier with our choice. Plus, Mary is extremely calm and calming, and that's one of the most important qualities in a wedding officiant!

Profile Picture User3777921, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

After hearing Mary deliver a public reading from her book, "An Unquenchable Thirst," I knew that I had to arrange for her to speak at our college. As a psychology professor who regularly organizes educational speakers for our campus, I am always on the lookout for people who can not only provide interesting information, but who also have the presence and professional demeanor necessary to do the job right. Mary came through in spades! She held an audience of nearly 400 in the palm of her hand for over an hour, and was a delight to work with. The students adored her, and I very much enjoyed my time with her as well. She is truly one of the kindest and brightest people I've had the pleasure of meeting. I am so happy to see Mary offering her services as a wedding officiant! It's really a perfect fit for her talents. If I weren't already married, I'd grab her up to do our ceremony in a heartbeat. I recommend her 100%.

Profile Picture Sheldon, 2/21/14, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)