Mary Johnson, Humanist Celebrant Reviews

33 | Nashua, NH

33 Reviews for Mary Johnson, Humanist Celebrant

33 Mary Johnson, Humanist Celebrant Reviews

Alexandra · Married on 07/14/2018

Mary was not only an incredible addition to our wedding day and wedding planning but truly one of the most amazing people my now husband and I have ever met. She took the time to really get to know us and make sure our ceremony was going to be perfect for us. We always looked forward to our meetings with Mary and are so sad they are over! We cannot imagine our day any other way than with Mary and are so happy we had the pleasure of getting to know her. Mary is really something special!

Carolyn · Married on 08/20/2017

Mary did an absolute amazing job as our officiant. Every one of our guests commented how beautiful, funny, and meaningful our ceremony was. She put a tremendous amount of work to really personalize the ceremony to fit us. I could not have imagined a more perfect wedding ceremony.

Sent on 10/11/2017

Mary Johnson, Humanist Celebrant's reply:

Carolyn, I did so love working with you and Jason, and incorporating some of your work and your personalities into the ceremony. Your vows moved me tremendously, as I know they moved your guests as well. Thanks!

Jason · Married on 08/20/2017

Mary was a fantastic officiant and over the course of planning our wedding I feel that she became more than that. She made our wedding incredibly personal and I know that we will return often to reread our wedding ceremony book. We really appreciated how easy she made it to incorporate our ideas and how much time she put into working with us. The wedding guests and especially the wedding vendors continue to comment on how wonderful our ceremony was and what a great job Mary did with it.

Sent on 10/11/2017

Mary Johnson, Humanist Celebrant's reply:

Jason, working with you and Carolyn was a delight, and incorporating some of your scientific work and background into the ceremony proved to me that a wedding really can be about an ENTIRE person. All the best going forward.

Declan · Married on 06/17/2017

Mary made the whole process enjoyable from beginning to end. From our first phone conversation we knew that Mary was the right officiant for us and she proved that again and again throughout. We couldn't have found a more reassuring, knowledgable, caring, compassionate and loving person to marry us.

Sent on 07/10/2017

Mary Johnson, Humanist Celebrant's reply:

Thanks so much, Declan. You and Christina were a delight to work with!

Christina · Married on 06/17/2017

Mary Johnson learned so much about us as a couple, truly understood us, and created a ceremony that perfectly captured our vibe, our values and our love. Thoughtful, irreverent, literary -- Mary is fantastic.

Sent on 10/04/2017

Mary Johnson, Humanist Celebrant's reply:

Christina, you and Declan have such a beautiful relationship, so much trust, understanding, and delight. May your marriage bring you much happiness.

Stephanie · Married on 10/09/2016

My husband and I could not have picked a more perfect person to create our wedding ceremony! Mary Johnson is so wonderful, she truly cares about the couple she's working with. She created a beautiful, unique ceremony that reflected us perfectly! A few people at our wedding we didn't know well even commented that after listening to Mary speak about us, they felt like they had known us for years!
    If you're looking for someone to help you craft the perfect ceremony, someone who will listen to your wants and needs, and someone who will be a calming presence when dealing with wedding day stress, I highly recommend Mary Johnson!

Vada · Married on 08/15/2016

Mary Johnson is warm, engaging and delightful to work with. She created and performed a lovely wedding ceremony that touched our hearts and captured all that we wanted to express. We highly recommend her!

• I

Isabelle · Married on 07/02/2016

Mary was wonderful. She did a great job bringing together our different viewpoints and come to a good compromise. It was a beautiful ceremony and we receive a lot of compliments from family + friends. I highly recommend her.

Samantha · Married on 05/28/2016

Mary made our ceremony perfect. She invited us into her home many times so that she knew who we were and what we wanted for our wedding. She understood this event only happens once and wanted to get it right. At her home, we had discussed wanting a ukulele player, but in the end we just couldn't afford it.

The day of our wedding, we were beyond thrilled when she surprised us during our ceremony by bringing her ukulele and playing a song that meant a lot to us. To say the least, there were no dry eyes.

Our ceremony was so special and the highlight of our day. Mary went above and beyond and made wonderful memories that we will never forget. If you want to work with a celebrant who is professional, kind, and truly cares about you, choose Mary.

Evan · Married on 05/28/2016

Mary was great. She took the time to get to know us and understand our relationship and came up with a completely unique wedding ceremony that matched our personalities perfectly. 100% would recommend.

Stewart · Married on 05/21/2016

We had no idea how to find an officiant for our wedding. It's almost like picking a capable doctor out of the phone book. I wanted someone local, but good. I searched the Internet and found Weddingwire and a lot of listings. Choosing was not simple. I checked out several who were local, and Mary was one of those.
    I found her web page and testimonials to be very positive and so took a chance, and with approval of my fiance', contacted her. We all met shortly after and we both really loved her personality and her willingness to help us through this seemingly impossible task of having a celebration that was "us" and not some canned, generic just-get-it-done ceremony.
    Mary gave us questionnaires to help her get to know who we were as individuals as well as a lot of material to choose from to help her determine the type of service we'd like. Every part of the service from readings to vows was covered.
    We had a lot of input to provide, but it all made the end result, our ceremony, very special and personal. Many of our family commented on how terrific the ceremony and Mary were, and we fully concur.
    You can't go wrong choosing Mary as your officiant. She's terrific to work with and the ceremony will be tailored just for you. Besides that she's a really wonderful person just to meet and get to know.

Georgia · Married on 05/21/2016

Any couple who is looking for an alternative to a minister, priest or justice of the peace need look no further. We are an older couple, and Mary tailored our ceremony perfectly to that. We only had to meet a couple of times with her. She had us fill out some questionnaires and submit them to her online which ultimately helped her to get a good idea of who we are and how we got together and what we wanted for our ceremony. Mary is so warm and friendly, has a great sense of humor and was truly interested in us as a couple. She took all of the input we gave her, what we wanted and didn't want, and she made our ceremony absolutely beautiful!! Most of our guests were older as well and told us how much they enjoyed the ceremony because it wasn't like anything they had seen before. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Mary as your wedding celebrant.

Mary Johnson came to speak with my students after we finished reading her book, An Unquenchable Thirst. We loved listening to her amazing story! I look forward to Mary Johnson wedding my partner and I.

"Mary was absolutely wonderful, caring and compassionate when it came to our wedding. She met with us on four occasions prior to our wedding and made herself available whenever we needed assistance in planning our ceremony. Mary offered her opinion, but only when asked, and respected our wishes, through and through. She followed through with every detail and left us, our family and friends, with a spiritual ceremony to be remembered forever. "

Michael · Married on 06/27/2015

Mary was very receptive to our needs, and did an excellent job crafting a ceremony that really suited us well!

Esther · Married on 01/25/2015

Mary JOHNSON is like no one else. Beautiful gracious gentle and fiercely intelligent she brings these qualities to every occasion.

We have the privilege of knowing Mary personally, and having seen her both speak and lead secular seasonal celebrations, so it was VERY clear to us that we wanted Mary to give one of the seven blessings at our atheist Jewish wedding. Mary's blessing was thoughtful and personalized, and we couldn't have been happier with our choice. Plus, Mary is extremely calm and calming, and that's one of the most important qualities in a wedding officiant!

Sheldon · Married on 02/21/2014

After hearing Mary deliver a public reading from her book, "An Unquenchable Thirst," I knew that I had to arrange for her to speak at our college. As a psychology professor who regularly organizes educational speakers for our campus, I am always on the lookout for people who can not only provide interesting information, but who also have the presence and professional demeanor necessary to do the job right. Mary came through in spades! She held an audience of nearly 400 in the palm of her hand for over an hour, and was a delight to work with. The students adored her, and I very much enjoyed my time with her as well. She is truly one of the kindest and brightest people I've had the pleasure of meeting. I am so happy to see Mary offering her services as a wedding officiant! It's really a perfect fit for her talents. If I weren't already married, I'd grab her up to do our ceremony in a heartbeat. I recommend her 100%.

Robert · event on: 04/29/2017

Even though Mary did not personally know my Aunt Betsy, she did a great job of listening to Betsy's daughters talk about her so she had a very good flavor of who Betsy was. Mary did a great job of bringing all things Scottish (Betsy's maiden name was McGregor) into the service.

Martha · event on: 08/12/2013

Mary is an amazing human being and a wonderful speaker. I keep returning to a talk she gave, two summers ago at Ghost Ranch in New Mexico (August 2013), that has sustained me during a time of transition in my life. Mary brings joy and humor and humility and playfulness and integrity to everything she does. I love the sparkle in her eye - she will share your joy on your special occasion!

• User4893935 · event on: 03/01/2015

Mary's dedication to bringing her best self for your highest good was such s gift.

• User4894915 · event on: 08/12/2013

Mary's spirit of generosity is infectious. Her ability to listen deeply to the individual and engage and convey meaning to an audience make her an ideal officiate.

• User4896656 · event on: 10/06/2014

This particular date was one of many: Mary was the host, organizer, and meeting leader for our local writers' group. Writing groups can be difficult--people share their manuscripts and feedback must be handled carefully, as many have invested a great deal in their work. Mary consistently navigated these meetings in ways that provided respect, care, and concern for all. On those few occasions when she could not be with us (do to scheduling conflicts) she was missed, and we were always glad to see her back.

Diane · event on: 08/22/2013

I would drive for miles to hear Mary speak. She's warm, lovely, and true at the deepest levels.

Lisa · event on: 08/13/2013

Mary Johnson is a sensitive, genuinely warm person, who adds authority and command to her gentle demeanor in very subtle ways. I have known Mary for many years, through her energetic and committed work on behalf of women writers, through AROHO. Her presence there has kept all the women involved inspired and connected through her tireless efforts. Her speeches at our events are inspiring and personal, reaching everyone in attendance in a very special way.