Publix

Sort By:

4.9/5.0
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Publix did a great job on my wedding cake and platters needed with just a weeks notice for my wedding that fell on Mothers Day. The staff was very helpful, the prices good, and, the food was delicious and delivered on time.
Wedding: 05/11/2014

Private User 2 Reviews
A great experience without worry
Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Awesome! Our cupcakes were amazing!

I provided some decorating stuff for them to use. They were perfectly fine with anything we wanted.

They delivered promptly and we didn't even know they were there setting up.

I would highly recommend!
Wedding: 07/27/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We decided to go with Publix for our cake off the recommendation from our coordinator at Sandbar Restaurant Patti. Wow, was she right. I never thought of going with them for a cake and what a great decision! We did all white with white sea shells (beach themed) with buttercream frosting. Top tier chocalate and bottom was white with raspberry filling, yum! Very affordable and they delivered it to the Sandbar as well. Very happy we chose to go with Publix for our wedding cake!
Wedding: 04/21/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
This cake was so good! It was exactly what we wanted at a great price. They were so easy to work. I would definitely order from here again!
Wedding: 04/19/2013
4.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Publix provided some party trays for our pre-wedding activities and also our wedding cake. The wedding cake was beautiful. No one would have guessed that it came from a grocery store. The only item for improvement was the filling in the cake. There was supposed to be a key lime filling but you could only take it in some pieces. Other than that, it was delicious!
Wedding: 04/13/2013
  • Professionalism:  2.0
  • Value:  2.0
  • Flexibility:  3.5

Anonymous 5 Reviews
I was highly disappointed with my wedding cake! It looked as if it was put together one hour before it was delivered! There were blue lines around the bottom portion of the tiers that were suppose to be even all the way around but they were put on in an uneven way, sort of looked like squiggly lines. The starfish I had brought to be placed on each tier were pushed down into the next tier causing parts to stick out on the sides. The overall appearance of the cake was embarrassing and there was way too much icing....

I thought Publix was a great place to get your cake because they were not that expensive compared to other places, but the quality is not worth it!
Wedding: 1+ year ago
4.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.5
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Professionalism:  4.5
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
They did an excellent job!! The cake was amazing and the color detail to match my wedding colors was impeccable!! I would never have imagined that the cake would have been as amazing as it was!! At first it was little uneasy, they had our order all messed up but when we went in and spoke with them, they fixed the issues and my cake could not have been any better!!
Wedding: 05/21/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We brought in a photo and ribbon for the cake we wanted and it came to life! The flavors were delicious (vanilla with buttercream and chocolate with raspberry). Our florist added beautiful flowers for decoration - it was great. They even delivered to our venue for a fair price.
Wedding: 12/29/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I had a little hesitation getting my wedding cake from a grocery store but it was exactly how I envisioned it in the end. When I went in for my cake tasting, Patti handed me three little cakes to take home with a variety of flavors! They were all delicious! I got buttercream frosting (I did not want fondant) and it was so smooth looking and tasted delicious! Everyone at the wedding said that the cake was the best they'd had. For my groom's cake, I wanted a large tiramissu cake in a size they don't usually make, but Patty put two together and it was beautiful! Since I had out-of-towners, I wanted them to have a slice of key lime pie as a favor. Publix does not sell them by the slice but I brought them pie slice containers (bought at the GFS in bradenton) and she made them look beautiful! The quality was excellent and the price can't be beat!
Wedding: 10/21/2011
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Favors & Gifts
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Everyone raved about my wedding cake! The taste was awesome - it looked exactly as I pictured it to look, price was good, and I think everyone should buy their wedding cake from Publix!
Wedding: 05/20/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I ordered my wedding cake from their website from DC. I was SO nervous I was going to end up with your typical grocery store, three tiered wedding cake. Boy was I surprised!! I relied (very heavily) on the reviews I found online to make my decision. Cost was the ultimate tie breaker. Even though I only had one bite of my cake, it was wonderful! It was light and airy and fluffy. I chose lemon since we had an outdoor wedding and I didn't want anything to heavy. The cake looked gorgeous, didn't fall apart and was delicious!!
Wedding: 10/30/2010

HappyGirl 5 Reviews
We ordered the Packages of Happiness cake. It was a 2 layered cake. I was amazed that it was eaten at all, as usually cakes are discarded and usually are only for photos. Our cake was eaten, and zero waste! It was moist, tasty, and beautifully decorated, just as we expected. Thank you Publix of Holmes Beach, Florida!
Wedding: 2+ years ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My husband and I got married on Anna Maria Island in May, and only had a party of 5 in attendance. We didn't need a huge wedding cake, so I ordered the Ebony and Ivory cake two weeks in advance. The cake was absolutely beautiful, and delicious! We had dinner afterwards and even our waitress asked for a piece of our cake. There was even a note on the order slip alerting the baker that our cake was to be used as our wedding cake. The attention to detail was touching.
Wedding: 05/01/2009
4.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I worked with Jacky at this Publix. She was difficult to get in touch with and semi-slow on returning calls (2 days later than anticipated). But she did an excellent job on my cake. It looked good, tasted great. I was very satisfied.
Wedding: 06/28/2008
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Wonderful cakes! They did the wedding cake which was gorgeous and the grooms cake--Perfect! Very helpful since I changed my mind about what type of cake several times. They delivered to the site on time and again the cakes were delicious and beautiful. Excellent job!!
Wedding: 05/18/2008
 941-778-5422
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire