Penny Beavers, Harpist

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
Recently Married

Penny was a doll! I can't overemphasize what a difference she made during our ceremony. The harp was the perfect accent to the venue and made the moment amazingly touching.

Services Used: Ceremony Music

We just got our wedding video and I was able to hear all of the beautiful music that Penny played at our outdoor ceremony at The Cliffs Resort. It was fantastic!! Our guests raved about her playing and they thought she did an amazing job! The harp was very clear throughout the ceremony and it was exactly what I wanted. She is very experienced and knows exactly the right songs to play. She will put you at ease when you meet with her because she knows weddings! :) She will also give you good ceremony advice. Thank you, Penny!!

Services Used: Ceremony Music

Penny saved the day for us when plans with the original musician we had selected fell through, and we could not have been happier that things went the way they did! Penny's music is absolutely breathtaking and she herself is a gem of a lady. I would highly recommend having Penny play for any elegant occasion - I can't imagine any better choice!

Services Used: Ceremony Music

I always knew I wanted a harpist at my wedding. We provided Penny with a request for a song that isn't popular on the harp. When we heard her play the first few chords it brought tears to my eyes. It sounded so beautiful. She is extremely professional and was very helpful in helping us pick out songs to be played.

Services Used: Ceremony Music

Penny actually played for my daughter's wedding on September 27, 2014. I knew of Penny from my wedding 34 years ago and from my son's wedding 5 years ago. So having Penny play for my daughter's wedding was very special. From the moment of contact, we knew we wouldn't have to worry about anything when it came to the music. She knew our vocalist and had played many times with her over the years. So we were doubly confident in the quality of music we would have for the wedding! Penny traveled to San Luis Obispo (from Cambria) for our wedding and she even had an extra practice with our vocalist prior to the wedding date! She is very professional and has great knowledge of the types of songs and a variety of songs she is capable of playing: from traditional & modern to religious songs as well (Ave Maria, Panis Angelicus, etc.). Needless to say, I would not hesitate to recommend Penny to play her harp at your wedding or other functions!

Services Used: Ceremony Music

Penny was everything we were looking for!! We wanted a beautiful harp playing classic music during our wedding and Penny is definitely the best. She was really helpful in suggesting particular songs to play during the ceremony and can play pretty much any song.

Services Used: Ceremony Music

We are very fortunate to have Penny as our harpist at our wedding ceremony, with a very short notice. Being a pianist myself, I am very demanding when it comes to the quality of music. Penny played beautifully before and throughout our ceremony. Her repertoire was excellent. And, she learned to play "Dawn" from "Pride and Prejudice" for me, and "Let It Go" from "Frozen" for my flower girls' walk.

Thank you, Penny, for performing so elegantly on our special day!

Jim and Kaii

Recently Married

The highlight of our wedding ceremony was Penny's beautiful harp! As the bride, I think hiring Penny was the best decision I ever made! Music is very important to my family, and it has always been a huge part of our lives growing up, and having Penny at my wedding was such a privilege. Penny is not only an exceptional musician- her resume is second to none- but she was such a pleasure to work with. I was late arriving to my wedding (due to unforeseen circumstances, as weddings do have), and Penny really saved the day. She interacted with my guests, entertained everyone, and was amazing with the kids (when I asked the ring bearers and the flower girl what their favorite part of the wedding was, they all said, "Penny and the harp!"). All of my guests continue to contact me with stories of their positive interaction with her. My memories from my wedding include the beautiful emotions Penny's harp-playing evoked; the wedding would not have been the same without her. Penny is a diamond- one in a million.

1 Review
1+ year ago

We had a small wedding of 34 people at the Madonna INN in the round room.
We wanted quiet backround music.
Penny played for four hrs, and everyone complimented her performance.
She really added a very pleasant touch to our wedding.
I would highly recommend Penny .
She is very professional, and highly skilled at what she does.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Penny is an amazing harpist who added just the right background music for my wedding reception sit down dinner. My only regret is that I did not have her longer!!! Thank you Penny for an amazing evening.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music
1 Review
1+ year ago

Our wedding would not have been the same without her! Penny did an amazing job. She even brought some of the guests (and myself) to tears. She not only did a beautiful job with the music, but she also worked with our soloist who had no prior experience and had a tough time with stage fright. Penny worked with her before hand to help our Soloist with her stage fright and everything worked out perfect. I not only would recommend Penny, I will definite hire her again!

Services Used: Ceremony Music

Oh Penny is such a joy to work with! She was always such a pleasure to talk with and she's crazy talented. Penny played the harp for our ceremony music and it was gorgeous. She has great suggestions for people like me who weren't sure what they wanted. If you are looking for romantic, soft music, I highly recommend Penny!

Services Used: Ceremony Music

Penny did an amazing job at our wedding creating an everlasting memory that will we will cherish the rest of our life. Her beautiful harp music was an intrical part of the elegance we wanted to capture with our ceremony!

Services Used: Ceremony Music

Penny was great! Everyone was talking about how wonderful the harp was.

Kalena
09/24/2011

Penny was a pleasure to work with! She makes such beautiful music on her harp, and we couldn't have asked for better for our ceremony. I just wish I could have enjoyed it even longer!

She has an extensive repertoire, and was wonderful about helping me choose music that fit the "feel" I was going for for our ceremony.

Services Used: Ceremony Music

Penny was amazing! Sitting with her in her studio for my consultation, she helped me feel so at ease by her many years of experience, and helped me plan the processional music and had an original piece transcribed for us for our ceremony. She also met with our soloist for a rehearsal. She is really a very lovely & warm person! Not only does she have a great sense of humor, she is incredibly professional.
The harp sounded absolutely amazing in the Old Santa Rosa Chapel. Just gorgeous! Her music definitely made our day more memorable, magical and simply perfect.....
THANK YOU PENNY!