Not Just Cakes Catering & Baking
"GOOD LIVING ENHANCED WITH GREAT FOOD"
14930 Camino Rancho

Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
Christina gave us an amazing deal, and the food was terrific. Everyone commented on how much they enjoyed the food and how nice they were. She also helped with many other things, such as making Sangria for the reception and helping set up the venue. They were wonderful to work with and I would definitely use them again for another event!
-Scott & Audrie
Wedding: 07/13/2013

Gina 1 Reviews
My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Christina who is the owner of Not Just Cakes for our wedding in Dec 2011. We did research on various caterers around Houston and came across Not Just Cakes and read reviews posted and all reviews that we read raved at how great this vendor was. We can vouch that the feedback is true!! She did not only our food but cakes (both groom and bridal) as well - a truly packaged deal. \r\n\r\nChristina and her team did such a phenomenal job with EVERYTHING and I mean everything, from the quality of food, to presentation, professionalism and on top of it all, Christina is just a delight to work with. She provided us with plenty of options for meals, sides, and appetizers and she made sure to be available throughout the whole planning process to answer any questions that we had and worked with our budget. All family and guests who attended loved the food and have been inquiring about what recipes she used and we highly recommend the tea she offers – it is hands down the best that we have ever had. Guests who attended are wondering if she sells it by the gallon.\r\n\r\nIf there comes a time in the future that a caterer is needed, I know we will definitely use Christina and will recommend her and her company to anyone who is seeking a caterer.\r\n
Wedding: 12/11/2011
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Christina and her team at Not Just Cakes is AMAZING! She went out of her way to work with our budget and went the extra mile to make our reception beautiful, food, table linens, cake service, everything! We forgot all about punch to serve w/our cake the morning of the wedding, Christina pulled it together with less than an hour notice all with a smile on her face and cheer in her voice. We chose roast beef with onion mushroom gravy, hazelnut cream chicken, green beans, potatoes and salad. Her food is wonderfull and her home-made vidalia onion salad dressing deserves its own food-group! This is a family owned business run by such great people. They are a joy to work with. I would recommend Not Just Cakes to anyone planning a wedding or event!
Wedding: 04/02/2011
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Christina at Not Just Cakes was so amazing to work with! She makes you feel completely at ease and she takes care of so many extra things just to make your event extra special. My now husband and I loved her from the time we met and tasted her excellent food. She works with your budget and has great recommendations and expert advice not only on catering but other wedding related things as well. And the best part about her was her food - the dinner at our reception was beyond delicious and I still have guests raving about the food they ate and asking me for her business information. Her servers were so kind and professional and made sure that every guest had what they needed. Christina personally came over to talk with us during the reception and to check to see that we had everything we could possibly want. She was a dream to work with and I am so happy that I found her through this very website! I would recommend her ten times over to anyone looking for a great caterer!
Wedding: 03/12/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
This was a wonderful experience - despite the fact that our wedding wasn't a large one no matter what we asked for it happened. The week before the wedding I needed linens & she not only found us some but got us an incredible price on them.

She provided both the rehearsal dinner & the reception & there was more than enough for everyone!

I would say that this was one of the best experiences that I've had with a caterer.
Wedding: 04/04/2009
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Christina is the greatest caterer. She has personality plus. Great food and service. I will always recommend her.
Wedding: 10/27/2007
4.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Christina was great! Her food was yummy and people still talk about the food at my wedding. I reccommend the corn casserole. I had a large wedding with about 500 guests. She was able to handle our large wedding with ease and professionalism.
A great choice! She went above and beyond to make the food at our wedding the best. The waitstaff was also very professional in appearance as well.
Wedding: 11/04/2006
4.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.5
Not Just Cakes was AMAZING! I was able to meet with Christina before hand and sample a variety of her dishes. I was extremely pleased with the food and received many complements from family and friends! Christina is wonderful and a pleasure to work. She took care of everything so i had no worries! I can't thank her enough for helping make my wedding a success! I would highly recommed her to anyone!
Wedding: 02/04/2006
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Everything was spot on! This is some serious cuisine style food.
Wedding: 07/13/2005
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Not Just Cake made my wedding food a HIT! We served Lasagna and everyone loved it. Cristina Hurd is incredibly sweet and works with your budget!!! I would highly recommend her to anyone for any occasion!
Wedding: 08/28/2004
 832-208-3890
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire