Reviews (35)

Sort By:

4.8/5.0
  • Professionalism:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The carters were very enjoyable and made you feel at ease. We had some good laughs and conversations. The food was the best, just wish there were left overs(wink wink).
Wedding: 10/20/2013

Veronica 5 Reviews
The food was delicious and Judy was SO helpful. She really made me feel calm and taken care of leading up to the big day. She was patient and kind when answering all my questions. The selection and service were beyond my expectations and everything went perfectly. The staff even made sure we had plates of food to take up to our room after the reception!
Wedding: 08/09/2013
4.5/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  4.0
The food was SO good! People are still talking about it. We thought about going with one of the other preferred vendors from our venue but after going to tastings Meiner's was the best. And they were cheaper to boot! The staff was great, always checking on people and making sure the buffet was fresh. Some of the servers even came upstairs to ensure we got to eat some of the passed hors d'oevres while taking photos. We were even able to schedule a private tasting with the chef after our entree selection (chicken piccata) was not served at either of the tastings we had visited. They were very accommodating of food issues and did not charge us extra for any of the "special" meals we ordered. They do have a semi-set menu but it was so delicious we were more than happy with it. Why get too complicated? They make good food that people like to eat. I just wish we had thought to ask them to make a basket for us to take to the hotel, instead my family (who stayed at the venue) got to eat all the good stuff!
My only complaint is that Judy, who is possibly the sweetest and nicest person we encountered while wedding planning, is a phone person. She would always respond to my emails but it wasn't as quickly as my immediate gratification demanded. I'm just used to people who are always ON and if you are like me, just be patient, she'll get back to you soon!
Wedding: 06/01/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Excellent service. Very professional and pleasant group of people to work with. The food, exceptionally good. The settings were perfect and the linen's were too.
Wedding: 04/05/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
What a phenomenal menu. They truly have something for EVERY taste. We had, among other amazing items, delicious Pasta Saint Charles with chicken, shrimp, and sausage, as well as chef-carved brisket that melted in your mouth. If I had only one piece of advice for you, it would be to pick Meiner's and eat till your bursting!
Wedding: 03/23/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The food was absolutely amazing. All of the guests at our wedding were blown away with how tasty and elegant everything was. Definitely recommend them!
Wedding: 03/23/2013
4.4/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I have to be honest, I've never had high hopes for any "wedding food" but Meiner's was on point. We went through though the Courtyard at Lake Lucerne's value package. The roast was so flavorful and the turkey was surprisingly moist. The sides were great!
Wedding: 03/08/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Our wedding venue was at Danville BnB in Geneva,Fl. Miss Judy was the best Ambassador for Meiners Catering. Her passion to serve is reflected in her attention to detail. Our daughter and son-n-law chose a southern style wedding with bar-b-que. The prepared brisket, pulled pork, smoked turkey with all the trimmings were very well received. Butler passed seared tuna on wanton crisp and caprese were a big hit with our guest. The wedding day was not without adversity. We had 20-25 mph winds with low 50 degree temperatures. The staff and Judy worked very deligently to insure that our table decor did not blow off the tables. A task that proved very challenging even inside our tented area. Nontheless they muscled thru it and everyone was very impressed with the food, carving station , buffet and professional staff. Danville is an interactive setting for everyone with many activities. The staff even went to extremes to insure the cake was hand passed to all guest as they engaged in the activities. For quality food, value,service, and staff, we highly recommend Meiner's Catering and especially Judy and Vivian from Bubbalou's
Wedding: 03/02/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The food was excellent, the service was flawless...
If you want peace of mind, go with Meiner's..they KNOW what they are doing!
Wedding: 03/02/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Elegant set up, delicious food, and fabulous service. This caterer exceeded my expectations. Further, they were always available for planning and did not care how often I made changes to the original menu. Kudos to Judy and her staff. Would use them again in a heartbeat.
Wedding: 11/10/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Amazing food, great service, and wonderful staff seems to be the least you can say about Meiner's Catering. Our friends are still talking about the food! Judy worked with us regarding allergies, kids meals, & vegetarian guests. When the guest count changed, she worked with us and rearranged tables to make it work. They even plated us an extra meal for after the wedding. Truly an amazing group of people.
Wedding: 10/27/2012
4.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  4.5
I have to say the food was delicious. Everyone kept telling us how good it was. The service was great and the set up beautiful. They even left us plates of food and cake in the fridge in case we got hungry after the wedding. They were just amazing.
Wedding: 09/22/2012
3.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  3.0
  • Value:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  4.0
Judy was nice to work with however was very short with me by the end of our wedding night. Very accommodating on all the last minute additions. We ordered chairs through them but it rained and therefore didn't use them and still paid for all of them (she didn't offer a discount). I was told (after the wedding) one particular server was completely out of line refusing additional pieces of meat or providing requested pieces. The server was also very intrusive when cleaning up the tables. The chicken was DRY! Hard to cook chicken breasts ahead of time, keep in a warmer and it still be juicy but none the less it was DRY!!! I graded low on Professionalism and quality of service due to their staff and not necessarily on Judy.
Wedding: 08/10/2012
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I really enjoyed working with Meiner's Catering! Although Judy was sometimes difficult to get on the phone, she was always very prompt with e-mails, and when she called back she was always abreast of the issues we had called about and prepared to work with us on any problems or needs. They have a very diverse menu, as well as were able to compromise for any special dietary needs. I was especially pleased to here that the salt-free meals we required for family members had no sodium but PLENTY of flavor. I also love that Meiner's regularly works with our venue (the Courtyard at Lake Lucerne) so set up of everything with Judy went seamlessly. I know that Meiner's had another contract that night, but from the quality of service we recieved, you never would have thought it. Judy also set aside some food for us after the wedding since there wasn't much time for us to eat on the day of! I would definitely recommend them to any brides looking for a good and affordable caterer.
Wedding: 08/04/2012
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Judy was awesome! At first she was a little difficult to get a hold of, but once we booked, everything turned out absolutely amazing! She put up with our last minutes changes with a smile, and delivered delicious food and wonderful service on our wedding day. She was at our venue the day before setting up for a wedding that evening during our rehearsal, and she came to me to go over all the details one more time while she was in the middle of getting things ready for that evening. It was such a thoughtful, unexpected thing that she did when she talked to us on that day, and that gave her amazing brownie points on our end. She was wonderful, the food was fabulous, and she was extremely helpful. Thank you so much, Judy! The reviews on your food from our guests were all top notch! Everything tasted wonderfully! And the two plates of food and cheese and fruit tray waiting for us in our room that evening were awesome! We ate it all that night! Thank you, again, so much for doing such a wonderful job!
Wedding: 05/12/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Meiner's Catering is the default caterer that works with our venue (The Courtyard at Lake Lucerne). I was a little worried at first about going with the "cheapest" option on food, but I thought I'd give the tasting a try anyway. We were completely blown away! The food was delicious. My family wasn't a huge fan of the marcello sauce so we didn't select it for our menu, but even that wasn't bad. Everything was a HUGE hit! Judy and her staff are extremely personable, flexible, and responsive. My guests had a great time joking around and laughing with the wait-staff and the presentation was perfect. I found that the buffet style stations worked amazingly in the I.W. Phillips house :).
Wedding: 04/06/2012