Marilyn Nakazato Photography

Marilyn Nakazato Photography

Torrance, CA 90505 | map
Style: Contemporary, Photojournalism, Portraiture
Packages: Albums, Custom Graphic Design, Digital Files, Flush ...
Liability Insurance: Yes

Flexibility:
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Marilyn is nothing short of perfection. She's a true artist and we couldn't be happier with our pictures.
Since our family and friends are spread across the globe, many of them only saw our wedding through pictures and it was a real priority for us to hire someone to capture those memories. Marilyn really came through. Her photography is stunning, and she gave us a huge range of pictures. We have stunning portraits and family pictures, as well as tons of candids that we just love.
We got married in winter, with challenging outdoor conditions and low light, but you could never tell from the pictures we got. From twilight outdoor portraits to the candle lit reception, she captured everything wonderfully and the photography is just stunning.
Beyond the quality of her work, Marilyn is also wonderful to work with. She is friendly, professional and very confident without being cocky or overbearing. She also brought a second shooter to our wedding who was a real pleasure to work with. Our family members kept remarking how nice she was, and they are all thrilled with the pictures she took of them (we're a picky bunch!).
I would highly recommend Marilyn to anyone looking for a photographer.

• Wedding: 12/23/2011
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

After having met a few photographers and not feeling excited about any of them, I was hesitant to meet Marilyn, especially since I felt her prices were out of my budget. BUT I am absolutely happy my husband convinced me to just sit and talk to her to see what she had to offer. She made me laugh from the moment I met her. I had feelings of excitement after meeting her and from that point, I knew she would be our photographer. She took both our engagement and wedding photos and I am absolutely pleased.

She is very professional and uses an iPad to show her portfolio! She makes site visits before the event to get ideas for photo opportunities. She was such a trooper for our engagement photos since we were in a time crunch and I wanted to get my save-the-dates out within weeks of booking her. She had our photos back to us in a week! I love her style and I love her personality! The quality of her pictures are great and she's easy to communicate with!

• Wedding: 06/04/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

From the drop of a hat, we knew Marilyn would be perfect. She understood us, and she understood our humor and what we were looking for. Experience doesn't mean anything unless you have the eye and she just simply has the talent.

During our engagement photo shoot, she took a couple of knuckleheads, one of who is not very photogenic (me) and made us feel super comfortable.
I hate looking at pictures of myself but the pictures that resulted from the shoot were amazing and I had ZERO reservations about putting them up in my house.
I think that in itself says a lot about the quality of Marilyn's work.

She will go the extra mile for you and for people as stressed as we were, we really appreciated that.

Marilyn has become more than a vendor, she's really become a friend. During one of our events of the day, she actually shared a tear with my bride. That shows a lot of emotional investment and care into not only her care for her work but her care for us. All of this comes out in the photographs.

Marilyn - we love you dearly. Thank you so much for everything you did for us.

• Wedding: 04/02/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had the pleasure of working with Marilyn on my engagment photo shoot. She was wonderful to work with! Her photographs are truley AMAZING. They are an art work that I will always cherish in my home. I loved my Olvera St. and Union Station pictures so much that I had albums especially made so that I can display the pictures on my coffee table. I highly recommend Marilyn to anyone looking for an AMAZING photographer.

• Wedding: 12/18/2010
Jennifer
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Marilyn Nakazato made my day a complete joy. She was prompt, professional, and super easy-going. She kept me laughing throughout the day, and kept a smile on my face when I felt stressed. I didn't have to do anything other than smile. She posed us when we felt uncertain, and let us be natural when we felt like it.

Also, I never had to tell her or show her which pictures to take. She knew exactly what to do and where to go...she had scouted out the location prior to our wedding, and was familiar with all the other vendors. She does her homework!!

She also showed up with TWO assistant photographers, even though she told me she'd have one. And, she came earlier than the allotted time. Her picture quality is superb, and she stayed in touch with me well after the wedding.

Her prices are very reasonable, and she was willing to work with me.

SHE IS AMAZING. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HER!!!!!

• Wedding: 10/17/2010
Jenny
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Marilyn is the sweetest and most talented photographer!!! I first heard about her through weddingbee.com and then visited her blog. Her pictures are AMAZING and so BEAUTIFUL! They capture the true essence of each couple's spirit and love for each other. I especially LOVE the vintage look of her pictures. It reflects how love is timeless~ Once I saw her skills and talent, I knew that we had to have our engagement pictures taken by her!

After a few months of conversing back and forth, we came up with the idea of using a pink balloon as our main prop. Not only was it a cute and brilliant idea, but there was so much symbolism and beauty with it. Marilyn was helpful from the very beginning and went beyond by giving us tips like what types of clothing and colors would look best. I even called her on the day of our shoot to make some last minute changes, and she was so flexible about everything.

When we met Marilyn for our shoot, she made us feel so comfortable, especially my camera-shy fiance. She walked us through the steps of how we should or not pose, and gave us a "pep talk" about how people might stare at us but not to worry about it. =) On certain shots, Marilyn even gave us hypothetical situations that might help us feel the emotions of that scene/pose!!! She really took the time to capture our "moments." Throughout the day, we got to know each other even more. Marilyn shared some insights from her own wedding and stories about her personal life. Her words of wisdom about marriage being a compromise and understanding each other will stick with me forever! She is such a beautiful individual inside and out. Even after our session, I knew I wanted to keep in touch and had made a new friend that day. =)

Marilyn has shown me some teasers from our e-session, and I LOVE every one of them so far! I'm so excited to see the rest of our pictures!!!

I know this review sounds more like an essay, but words can't describe the talent and warmth of Marilyn. You have to experience it for yourself. I would definitely recommend her to any couple getting married. It will be the smartest and best decision you have made for your wedding. =)

• Wedding: 05/01/2010
jenny
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I just finished my engagement session with Marilyn and was so pleased. She has a great balance of professionalism and down to earthness. With such an eye for things, she is really talented at capturing a great moment and putting feeling into your pictures. She really worked with us, asking and listening to what we wanted, and than adding her own touch to it. She even brought along some props to help us set the "mood". I highly, highly recommend her for whatever you want to capture- whether it be your wedding, engagement, or anything else. Thank you Marilyn!

• Wedding: 11/21/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Marilyn is a joy to work with. My fiance and I just shot our engagement session with her and couldn't be happier. She was fun, friendly, down to earth, but at the same time very professional. She really has an eye for things and it just comes naturally to her. She took into account our requests and then tweaked them or added in her expertise to make them that much better. We are so happy we got to shoot with her, as our photos are priceless and we'll cherish forever!

• Wedding: 11/21/2009
Lauren
310-251-1899
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards