Mainsail Conference and Events Center

Value
Flexibility

Love, Love, Love, this place and the coordinator

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I recently had my wedding at Mainsail and had the luxury of working with their senior catering manager, Annette Turer. I had the wedding of my dreams and Annette was a large part of that process. She was helpful, attentive and flexible. I recently moved and didn't know the area well but Annette provided me with nothing short of amazing vendors!

I visited several locations before Mainsail and while the location is stunning, Annette herself sold me on my decision. Many people will be overly friendly and do whatever it takes to get your money. Annette however was the only one I spoke and worked with that actually made me feel like I was the only bride she was working with. I tend to be meek but Annette listened and was able to be my voice to make sure I had exactly what I wanted!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We are glad overall that we chose to have our wedding and reception at Mainsail. Annette was helpful and made sure all of the details were worked out to make it a perfect day for my husband and I. The only negative thing was the chicken, both at the rehearsal dinner and reception. It was overcooked and dried out. Otherwise the other food was good. Mainsail is a perfect spot for a wedding or reception.

Mainsail Conference and Events Center responded with the following comments:

Thank you Mrs. Payton for your review! I will really miss you and your mom coming in to see me! It was an honor to be part of your day! The warmest of holiday seasons to you and your family!

Michelle
11/22/2014

Annette was wonderful from the planning to the execution. The kitchen did an amazing job with the food. All our guests raved about the food and the venue.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wife and I got married at Mainsail Conference and Event Center on November 22, 2014. Everyone did an amazing job with our wedding. First off, we worked with Annette who was guiding us every step of the way. She did an amazing job for us and we can't thank her enough. The Venue - is amazing for guests and for pictures after your ceremony. We looked at many places in the area and nothing even comes close to the Mainsail Conference and Event Center. The property is perfectly manicured so that it looks great all year round. Everything inside the venue is updated with state of the art technology and finishes. You will be proud this is your venue. The Service - The day of our wedding, we had a team of attendants ready to accommodate us and our guests. No guest was ever waiting long for a drink or an appetizer and our bridal attendant was just amazing. Annette took care of us the entire night. She made sure we didn’t want or need anything so that we could enjoy our reception, family and friends. The manager, Jesus was just fantastic. He was there when we needed him and organized the entire flow of the wedding beautifully. The Food - The food is second to none. You can tell the kitchen is led by culinary trained chefs as the quality, design and freshness of the food is obvious. Our family and friends raved about how delicious, fresh, and plentiful our food was. Overall, you can’t go wrong choosing this venue for your wedding reception. My wife and I couldn't have imagined a more perfect wedding and we have Mainsail Conference and Event Center to thank for that. Thanks again everyone!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Mainsail is magnificent!! We originally booked our wedding at The Rusty Pelican and after being disrespected to the highest degree we switched our venue to Mainsail. It was the best decision I think I have ever made. At the very first meeting with Annette, I could tell this was going to be a completely different experience than I had with Don at Rusty Pelican. I felt like a BRIDE for the first time in the year since I had gotten engaged. Annette listened to me about my wants and needs while also making suggestions that I hadn't thought of. She was supportive and very much like a mother hen. NO ONE will disrespect you when Annette is there. She will always have your back and help you out. After the experience we had before, she was just what we needed.

We had our ceremony and our reception at Mainsail. The site is beautiful. The stone work and brick outside are gorgeous. It is a hotel but you won't have any problem getting the privacy this moment requires. There are other places we looked at that were hotels but the ceremony sites were all out in the open with random people just walking through your wedding. That is most definitely not the case at Mainsail. The ceremony and reception are all held in the conference center and you are will be the only wedding that day. Our ceremony was held outside in the courtyard in front of the beautiful fountain. It was perfect! They also have a room ready to be prepared indoors if the weather isn't ideal. So you don't need to worry about not having a beautiful place for the ceremony. The food at the reception is, in a word, AMAZING. Everything is fresh and made from scratch by the chef. Overall the site is beautiful and has character. It's not stuffy or too rustic or too resort-y. It's just perfect.

I would recommend going to the Mainsail to meet with Annette and see the place if you are looking for your venue. I promise you will not be disappointed by the staff, venue, food, or really anything there.

Private User
Recently Married

My husband and I could not be happier with our wedding at Mainsail. The staff was wonderful and attentive to all guest needs. Annette and the rest of the Mainsail crew worked hard to make our special day truly unforgettable. She made sure everything was done exactly as we wanted. I have received nothing but compliments from my guests about our venue and the food they served. Truly a magical experience!

Colleen
09/27/2014

Thank you for everything Annette!

NicholeB
09/20/2014

I can't say enough about how happy we are with Mainsail. My husband and I got married there last weekend but we worked with the venue for almost two years since we had to postpone our initial wedding date of 09/20/2013. Although saddened at the time it proved to be a blessing in disguise.

Annette Turer is absolutely amazing to work with and we have built a friendship with her during this time period. She was fabulous! She took care of everything we needed her to attend to and always welcomed us like we were family. She was always open and receptive to our ideas even if she didn't necessarily agree with them right away ;-). The food was EXCELLENT. I got so many compliments from our guests about the food as well.

The venue is a beautiful space inside and out. I was able to utilize the compass room right there so my girls and I could be in hair and make up right there and not have to worry about transporting to another location. In addition, we received a complimentary night stay and we chose to add on the night before and a night after as well so that we could be right there at the venue and it was perfect!

We also had our rehearsal dinner at Lattitudes restaurant located on the property and it was great. Jesus was very easy to work with and accommodated all of our needs.

I honestly wish I could go back and do it all over again. As crazy as it sounds I miss being there since we have been there so often in the last couple of years.

I would HIGHLY recommend this venue! They are amazing.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Hello! My name is Natasha and I had my wedding at MainSail Inn & Suites (Conference and Events Center); I was out of this world AMAZED at everything this venue had to offer and brought to reality! In actuality I'm really not sure where to begin because their are so many wonderful things that I want to say about Annette Turer (Senior Catering Manager) and compliments pertaining to the venue itself. First of all, I am so full of joy that my now sister-in-law brought me to this location because MainSail is actually where she went to one of close friend's wedding and absolutely LOVED IT! When we first drove up and looked around, I said to myself "YES I feel this is the place" (very similar to when a bride says "YES TO THE DRESS")! While beginning to look around at the BEAUTIFUL setting, and INCREDIBLE(full of joy) lady approached us; she introduced herself as Annette Turer (Senior Catering Manager) and began to ask us a few questions pertaining to my wedding. After she gave us a tour of the venue, she offered that we come and talk with her in her office. After talking with Annette and hearing all the Great Things MainSail had to offer and she answering every question that we had (also seeing all the beautiful pictures from other weddings in her office). It was no question in my mind that this was the place that I wanted to have our wedding! My now husband and I did look at a couple of other venues and browsed the web. But after my experience at MainSail, I went home and told my fiancé (at the time) that I had found the PERFECT PLACE! Let me just say that Annette Turer with MainSail Inn & Suites is an awesome individual that will bring all your dreams to reality! While getting to work with her I saw why she is the Senior Catering Manager! She definitely has earned title!!!! * Please See PART 2 because I have so much to say and needed more room*!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mainsail Conference and Events Center responded with the following comments:

I am so pleased to have made your day your dream come true! It was my honor and pleasure to walk you and Ron into the new chapter of your lives. Thank you for coming into my Mainsail Conference and Event Center and allowing me this special gift!!!

Jessica
08/29/2014

Annette is a gem! I booked this reception hall site unseen after a disaster with another hall. Annette always was very responsive and promised me throughout the way that she would be there for me and it would be the day of my dreams! It was out of this world! Right down to the heart on the fine white linens, it was all I could have ever wanted and more. Annette took the best care of me and I would recommend any bride to see her and book with her! The Salmon was so flavorful! Many guests commented on that to me! Thanks Annette for making my dreams come true!

Mainsail Conference and Events Center responded with the following comments:

Thank you Jessica for such a beautiful review. It was my pleasure and honor to make your day a dream come true! I wish you and Vinnie a wonderful like together full of nothing but love and happiness. I am excited for the day you move back to Tampa!

Sofia
08/23/2014

My husband and I got married 8-23-14 at the Mainsail Suites and Hotel Conference Center which was and will forever be the BEST day of our lives. Not only was our wedding a blast but we had the most incredible coordinator, Annette Turer. We also had a great staff that worked with us as well. Annette was the best!!!. From the time of our engagement in February 2014 until the night of the wedding and even after she has been there for us. She is compassionate, thoughtful, caring and more. She made sure that all went smooth and indeed it did!!!!

In terms of the venue.... it is second to none.... The venue is beautiful!!! It's inexpensive and classy at the same time. It was worth ever penny we spent and more.The food was amazing and the portion size is more than usual caterers. Our guests are still raving over the food we picked for the entrees which was the Parmesan Crusted Chicken and the Tilapia Fish.

What stood out to us the most about Annette was her commitment to making sure my husband and I were well taking care of. I was a bit apprehensive to picking this venue. You see, we live in NY and decided to get married in Tampa. For some that would mean so much work for being so far away but not with someone like Annette. She helped us every step of the way with providing vendors and more. We are forever grateful and are happy we chose this venue. Annette, Nicholas and I would love to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for all you have done. Thank you for impacting our lives and making our day so special. We appreciate you much.

Paola
08/09/2014

The perfect place to have such a special day like your wedding. The entire staff very atentive, detail oriented, above and beyong,organize, the bestttttt!!!!!! Wedding date food washot well cook and great flavor. The staff customize my lunch to my husband and i culture and flavors, extremely good. Thank you Mainsail staff for making our day magical and perfect.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Wedding Planning

The wedding coordinator Annette was amazing in every way. Very professional, and made us feel right at home at Mainsail. Annette completely exceeded our expectations! She did everything beyond measure. We can't thank her enough for making our special day run smoothly and stress free which is every brides dream. Thanks again Mainsail and a huge thanks to Annette.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Annette Turer and her staff at Mainsail made this event a worry free dream come true! At our first meeting, she instilled confidence in us, and followed through to creating the fairy tale reception we had dreamed of. Annette takes care of EVERYTHING from start to finish with polish and class. The venue itself is gorgeous, and the staff is efficient and professional. In my opinion, there is no place else in Tampa to hold an event!!! Thank you for allowing us to enjoy the wedding reception as if we were guests rather than hosts!!

Mainsail Conference and Events Center responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for your very kind words. It was my honor and pleasure to help a couple walk into the next chapter of their lives. To make it even more special I had a great time working with all of you! Now that it is over, we will have to friends!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Searching for a wedding reception venue was something I did not want to do - after a while, all the hotels and event centers start to bleed over and look alike. Everyone has similar food, setups, staff, etc. We stopped in to the Mainsail and as soon as we met with the event coordinator, Annette, I knew we selected the perfect location. Really set apart from all the other venues! Event coordinators can make or break a reception - and Annette was the best I could have ever asked to work with. Her attention to detail and efforts to ensure you have a smooth and worry-free event are superior! Our reception was flawless and I didn't worry about a single thing. My best friend is also an event coordinator and was so pleased with Annette's work (and you know how best friend's are, they tell it like it is!).

The food was amazing - we chose plated entrees of grilled rib-eye, parmesan crusted chicken and vegetable napoleons (people keep talking about how scrumptious it was). The food was delightful at the tasting and equally, if not more delicious, during our reception (so much so, that my husband and I requested dual-plated entrees in advance). The wait staff took complete care of us during the reception, always making sure the bride and groom had enough to eat, had drinks, had food wrapped, received cake, etc. Always so courteous and genuinely polite. We also had a fabulous signature drink that we pre-selected, and friends still ask what the beverage was so they can order it, too!

We stayed on property overnight and loved how spacious the hotel room was. After a long reception full of people, it was so wonderful to retreat to a quiet room steps from the reception hall.

Overall, we were extremely happy with choosing Mainsail. Along with the beautiful location and the perfect coordinator, I DEFINITELY would recommend this beautiful venue to everyone! Choosing Mainsail as our venue was one of the best decisions that we made for our wedding.

Mainsail Conference and Events Center responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! It was my honor to watch you and Brian to walk into your new life together, and I am so honored that I was such a big part of your planning process and your special day!