Mainsail Conference and Events Center

Mainsail Conference and Events Center

Let the Mainsail help you SAIL INTO YOUR NEW LIFE!

5108 Eisenhower Blvd
(5.0 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(5.0 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mainsail is magnificent!! We originally booked our wedding at The Rusty Pelican and after being disrespected to the highest degree we switched our venue to Mainsail. It was the best decision I think I have ever made. At the very first meeting with Annette, I could tell this was going to be a completely different experience than I had with Don at Rusty Pelican. I felt like a BRIDE for the first time in the year since I had gotten engaged. Annette listened to me about my wants and needs while also making suggestions that I hadn't thought of. She was supportive and very much like a mother hen. NO ONE will disrespect you when Annette is there. She will always have your back and help you out. After the experience we had before, she was just what we needed.

We had our ceremony and our reception at Mainsail. The site is beautiful. The stone work and brick outside are gorgeous. It is a hotel but you won't have any problem getting the privacy this moment requires. There are other places we looked at that were hotels but the ceremony sites were all out in the open with random people just walking through your wedding. That is most definitely not the case at Mainsail. The ceremony and reception are all held in the conference center and you are will be the only wedding that day. Our ceremony was held outside in the courtyard in front of the beautiful fountain. It was perfect! They also have a room ready to be prepared indoors if the weather isn't ideal. So you don't need to worry about not having a beautiful place for the ceremony. The food at the reception is, in a word, AMAZING. Everything is fresh and made from scratch by the chef. Overall the site is beautiful and has character. It's not stuffy or too rustic or too resort-y. It's just perfect.

I would recommend going to the Mainsail to meet with Annette and see the place if you are looking for your venue. I promise you will not be disappointed by the staff, venue, food, or really anything there.

• Wedding: 10/17/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I could not be happier with our wedding at Mainsail. The staff was wonderful and attentive to all guest needs. Annette and the rest of the Mainsail crew worked hard to make our special day truly unforgettable. She made sure everything was done exactly as we wanted. I have received nothing but compliments from my guests about our venue and the food they served. Truly a magical experience!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Thank you for everything Annette!

• Wedding: 09/27/2014
Colleen
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I can't say enough about how happy we are with Mainsail. My husband and I got married there last weekend but we worked with the venue for almost two years since we had to postpone our initial wedding date of 09/20/2013. Although saddened at the time it proved to be a blessing in disguise.

Annette Turer is absolutely amazing to work with and we have built a friendship with her during this time period. She was fabulous! She took care of everything we needed her to attend to and always welcomed us like we were family. She was always open and receptive to our ideas even if she didn't necessarily agree with them right away ;-). The food was EXCELLENT. I got so many compliments from our guests about the food as well.

The venue is a beautiful space inside and out. I was able to utilize the compass room right there so my girls and I could be in hair and make up right there and not have to worry about transporting to another location. In addition, we received a complimentary night stay and we chose to add on the night before and a night after as well so that we could be right there at the venue and it was perfect!

We also had our rehearsal dinner at Lattitudes restaurant located on the property and it was great. Jesus was very easy to work with and accommodated all of our needs.

I honestly wish I could go back and do it all over again. As crazy as it sounds I miss being there since we have been there so often in the last couple of years.

I would HIGHLY recommend this venue! They are amazing.

• Wedding: 09/20/2014
NicholeB
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Hello! My name is Natasha and I had my wedding at MainSail Inn & Suites (Conference and Events Center); I was out of this world AMAZED at everything this venue had to offer and brought to reality! In actuality I'm really not sure where to begin because their are so many wonderful things that I want to say about Annette Turer (Senior Catering Manager) and compliments pertaining to the venue itself. First of all, I am so full of joy that my now sister-in-law brought me to this location because MainSail is actually where she went to one of close friend's wedding and absolutely LOVED IT! When we first drove up and looked around, I said to myself "YES I feel this is the place" (very similar to when a bride says "YES TO THE DRESS")! While beginning to look around at the BEAUTIFUL setting, and INCREDIBLE(full of joy) lady approached us; she introduced herself as Annette Turer (Senior Catering Manager) and began to ask us a few questions pertaining to my wedding. After she gave us a tour of the venue, she offered that we come and talk with her in her office. After talking with Annette and hearing all the Great Things MainSail had to offer and she answering every question that we had (also seeing all the beautiful pictures from other weddings in her office). It was no question in my mind that this was the place that I wanted to have our wedding! My now husband and I did look at a couple of other venues and browsed the web. But after my experience at MainSail, I went home and told my fiancé (at the time) that I had found the PERFECT PLACE! Let me just say that Annette Turer with MainSail Inn & Suites is an awesome individual that will bring all your dreams to reality! While getting to work with her I saw why she is the Senior Catering Manager! She definitely has earned title!!!! * Please See PART 2 because I have so much to say and needed more room*!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mainsail Conference and Events Center responded with the following comments:

I am so pleased to have made your day your dream come true! It was my honor and pleasure to walk you and Ron into the new chapter of your lives. Thank you for coming into my Mainsail Conference and Event Center and allowing me this special gift!!!

• Wedding: 09/13/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Annette is a gem! I booked this reception hall site unseen after a disaster with another hall. Annette always was very responsive and promised me throughout the way that she would be there for me and it would be the day of my dreams! It was out of this world! Right down to the heart on the fine white linens, it was all I could have ever wanted and more. Annette took the best care of me and I would recommend any bride to see her and book with her! The Salmon was so flavorful! Many guests commented on that to me! Thanks Annette for making my dreams come true!

Mainsail Conference and Events Center responded with the following comments:

Thank you Jessica for such a beautiful review. It was my pleasure and honor to make your day a dream come true! I wish you and Vinnie a wonderful like together full of nothing but love and happiness. I am excited for the day you move back to Tampa!

• Wedding: 08/29/2014
Jessica
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I got married 8-23-14 at the Mainsail Suites and Hotel Conference Center which was and will forever be the BEST day of our lives. Not only was our wedding a blast but we had the most incredible coordinator, Annette Turer. We also had a great staff that worked with us as well. Annette was the best!!!. From the time of our engagement in February 2014 until the night of the wedding and even after she has been there for us. She is compassionate, thoughtful, caring and more. She made sure that all went smooth and indeed it did!!!!

In terms of the venue.... it is second to none.... The venue is beautiful!!! It's inexpensive and classy at the same time. It was worth ever penny we spent and more.The food was amazing and the portion size is more than usual caterers. Our guests are still raving over the food we picked for the entrees which was the Parmesan Crusted Chicken and the Tilapia Fish.

What stood out to us the most about Annette was her commitment to making sure my husband and I were well taking care of. I was a bit apprehensive to picking this venue. You see, we live in NY and decided to get married in Tampa. For some that would mean so much work for being so far away but not with someone like Annette. She helped us every step of the way with providing vendors and more. We are forever grateful and are happy we chose this venue. Annette, Nicholas and I would love to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for all you have done. Thank you for impacting our lives and making our day so special. We appreciate you much.

• Wedding: 08/23/2014
Sofia
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The perfect place to have such a special day like your wedding. The entire staff very atentive, detail oriented, above and beyong,organize, the bestttttt!!!!!! Wedding date food washot well cook and great flavor. The staff customize my lunch to my husband and i culture and flavors, extremely good. Thank you Mainsail staff for making our day magical and perfect.

• Wedding: 08/09/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Wedding Planning
Paola
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The wedding coordinator Annette was amazing in every way. Very professional, and made us feel right at home at Mainsail. Annette completely exceeded our expectations! She did everything beyond measure. We can't thank her enough for making our special day run smoothly and stress free which is every brides dream. Thanks again Mainsail and a huge thanks to Annette.

• Wedding: 07/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Annette Turer and her staff at Mainsail made this event a worry free dream come true! At our first meeting, she instilled confidence in us, and followed through to creating the fairy tale reception we had dreamed of. Annette takes care of EVERYTHING from start to finish with polish and class. The venue itself is gorgeous, and the staff is efficient and professional.
In my opinion, there is no place else in Tampa to hold an event!!! Thank you for allowing us to enjoy the wedding reception as if we were guests rather than hosts!!

Mainsail Conference and Events Center responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for your very kind words. It was my honor and pleasure to help a couple walk into the next chapter of their lives. To make it even more special I had a great time working with all of you! Now that it is over, we will have to friends!

• Wedding: 07/05/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Searching for a wedding reception venue was something I did not want to do - after a while, all the hotels and event centers start to bleed over and look alike. Everyone has similar food, setups, staff, etc. We stopped in to the Mainsail and as soon as we met with the event coordinator, Annette, I knew we selected the perfect location. Really set apart from all the other venues! Event coordinators can make or break a reception - and Annette was the best I could have ever asked to work with. Her attention to detail and efforts to ensure you have a smooth and worry-free event are superior! Our reception was flawless and I didn't worry about a single thing. My best friend is also an event coordinator and was so pleased with Annette's work (and you know how best friend's are, they tell it like it is!).

The food was amazing - we chose plated entrees of grilled rib-eye, parmesan crusted chicken and vegetable napoleons (people keep talking about how scrumptious it was). The food was delightful at the tasting and equally, if not more delicious, during our reception (so much so, that my husband and I requested dual-plated entrees in advance). The wait staff took complete care of us during the reception, always making sure the bride and groom had enough to eat, had drinks, had food wrapped, received cake, etc. Always so courteous and genuinely polite. We also had a fabulous signature drink that we pre-selected, and friends still ask what the beverage was so they can order it, too!

We stayed on property overnight and loved how spacious the hotel room was. After a long reception full of people, it was so wonderful to retreat to a quiet room steps from the reception hall.

Overall, we were extremely happy with choosing Mainsail. Along with the beautiful location and the perfect coordinator, I DEFINITELY would recommend this beautiful venue to everyone! Choosing Mainsail as our venue was one of the best decisions that we made for our wedding.

Mainsail Conference and Events Center responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! It was my honor to watch you and Brian to walk into your new life together, and I am so honored that I was such a big part of your planning process and your special day!

• Wedding: 07/05/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

From start to finish this was the perfect place for us, and Annette (the event coordinator) was the perfect person to work with. Annette was very kind and worked with our limited budget without any hesitation.

Mainsail is centrally located by the Tampa airport, off of Hillsborough Ave., and near the Veterans expressway. The reception hall is spacious with a few different options for sizes all of which are elegant and spacious. They have a great outdoor space which we got to use for our cocktail hour. Annette was even nice enough to offer us a signature cocktail for that hour that we picked out ourselves. Many of our guests still ask about the Gilligan's Island Drink we had, so it must have been a hit.

One of the best parts of the experience has to be the food. Many of our guests told us after, that they were never impressed with Wedding food until now. The Rib-eye was perfectly cooked with a savory sauce and fluffy mashed potatoes. The chicken was a sophisticated version of chicken Marsala and was hard to stop eating. To top it off the staff was hard working and very polite to everyone.

Overall this is a great venue and Annette is a tireless perfectionist who will make sure you have the perfect reception!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Choosing Mainsail as our venue was the best decision that we made for our wedding. Once I walked in the doors I knew it was "THE" right place. It is such a beautiful venue that all my guests were in awe of the venue and wouldn't stop taking pictures of it LOL!. And to top it off, our coordinator Annette made it a pleasure to plan with Mainsail! Annette is so funny, down to earth, and loves details! She will totally make the wedding planning soooo much easier and fun instead of being stressed.

The food was a-m-a-z-i-n-g! My guests are still talking about the amazing crew and the delicious choices we made for our menu. One thing that as a bride plans for "THE" big day is options, and Mainsail is full of it!

My ceremony was held outside and just the fountain looked amazing! No additional decorations was needed. And just to let you know, your pictures will come out looking a-m-a-z-i-n-g!

Overall, we were extremely happy with choosing Mainsail. Along with the beautiful location and the most funniest coordinator, I DEFINITELY would recommend this beautiful venue to everyone!

Mainsail Conference and Events Center responded with the following comments:

Thank you for this beautiful review. I am so glad that your day was AMAZING!!!!!!!!! Please come in anytime or call with "THE HUSBAND", I will always make you smile, and you do the same for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Wedding: 06/13/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mainsail was the perfect location for our wedding. The moment I walked in the doors I knew I was in the right place, it's such an elegant and beautiful venue, and with our coordinator Annette added to the mix, it was heaven:)! I couldn't have asked for a better coordinator for my wedding. Annette is so funny, attentive, and down to earth. She made my stress disappear every time I talked to her. You should book with Mainsail just for her!

The food was delicious, everyone are still gushing about how great it was, and the crew did such an amazing job serving everyone and making sure we had a happy and well taken care of crowd. Not only that, it ended up raining on our wedding day, and they were quick in resetting everything inside and making it beautiful for us. Overall we were very happy with how everything turned out. I would definitely recommend this venue for your wedding, and Annette for your coordinator, it's a great combination for a great wedding. She's a wonderful person and will truly take care of your special day exactly the way you want it to be.

Mainsail Conference and Events Center responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for this beautiful review. It was my honor and pleasure to help plan your very special day! I love what I do, and you would made it as special for me as it was for you!

• Wedding: 05/30/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My name is Tanya and I was married on May 4, 2014 at Mainsail Suites. Both our ceremony and reception were held at Mainsail and it was beautiful especially at night by the fountain with the lights. Annette was our contact and she was great and really fun to work with. Annette was always willing to work with us and gave us great information especially when it came to other vendors. We can't say enough good things about Annette she was flexible when it came to meeting with us and she always responded to me quickly. The food was amazing, all of our guests raved about how good the food was. I ate every bite of my food so I know it was good :) Pricing at Mainsail was very reasonable and they have different options so you can pick what will work for you and your guests. The Venue itself is elegant and simple which is nice because you can really make it your own with the decor. We would definitely recommend Mainsail it really is a great place to host an event.

Mainsail Conference and Events Center responded with the following comments:

Thank you Tanya and Jesse it was fabulous working with you two and watching you move along to the next chapter of your lives! You are an amazing couple and I hope your life is beautiful. Please stay in touch with me and let me know how you both are.

• Wedding: 05/04/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mrs. Annetter Turer was a great! From day one that I walked in she was very accommodating and pleasant. She knows her business and is a great resource to have while planning your wedding. She is very attentive and responds to all of your needs immediately The venue is absolutely beautiful if I had to choose again I would select Mrs. Turer and this venue, no doubt! Great place.

Mainsail Conference and Events Center responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much Rebecca for this beautiful review. It was an honor and a privilege for me to help plan your wedding, and I am so happy that were pleased with everything. I wish you and Tirso a beautiful life together!

• Wedding: 04/19/2014
Rebecca
813-243-2620
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards