Local Motion Entertainment

Local Motion Entertainment

Award Winning DJs For The Young & Young At Heart

220 Regent Court
State College, PA 16801 | map
Genres: 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, Acoustic, Big Band, Classic...
Liability Insurance: Yes
Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

It was great working with Alex! We had a few special requests (Penn State songs to enter, special first dance, Greek songs, etc.) and he made it all work so well! The online planner made it super easy to communicate our ideas for the day especially since we were planning from far away. He also set up a skype meeting so we could discuss the details before the big day. It was great that we didn't have to give him an entire list of music to play. He was great at reading the crowd and keeping everyone on the dancefloor! It was a blast!

• Wedding: 08/31/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We used LocalMotion for our wedding this August! Let me start by saying after being a guest at many weddings we were blown away by our DJ Michael! He was phenomenal! He played the music we asked for/ he left out the things we didn't and played requests from our crowd. The dance floor was always packed!!!! During the reception guests were ranting and raving about our DJ, weeks after the reception we are still getting positive reviews! Michael was so friendly, so full of energy, so accommodating (allowed us to extend an extra hour because guests were having so much fun), and thoughtful! He listened to the best mans speech and played a song that was mentioned and had my husband go up and sing! Made it very personal and funny, something I truly will never forget! I don't think he even took a break!!!! I would recommend them to anyone! If your experience is anything like mine you will be a very happy/stress free bride!

• Wedding: 08/16/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Alex, the owner of Local Motion DJ's, made our wedding reception at the Nittany Lion Inn amazing! He kept the dance floor packed the whole evening, and our guests commented on what a great time they had and how good the DJ was!

It was a pleasure to work with Local Motion, they are very professional and anticipated the answers to all our questions - technical and wedding related. The online planner and music search is great and covers all aspects of the reception. Planning from Washington, DC, we Skyped with Alex and he had reviewed everything in our planner and really understood what we wanted.

We wanted a few specific songs played at the dinner and reception and they were able to purchase them. The music was expertly mixed and transitioned from song to song seamlessly. I definitely recommend answering all the online planner questions and requesting your very favorite songs but giving the DJs some room to fill in - they played great music that keeps everyone dancing! A surprise play of "Zombie Nation" was really neat for all the PSU alumni!

We chose blue and white uplighting from Local Motion for the reception and it looked fantastic, it really added a lot to the decor. Introductions, special dedications and announcements were professionally done and kept everything on schedule.

We would recommend Alex and Local Motion DJs to anyone holding a special event in the area - I only wish that we lived closer so we could use them for more parties! Thank you for helping make our wedding so fun and memorable!

• Wedding: 07/26/2014
Services Used: DJ, Lighting & Decor
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Alex was awesome! Worked out better than expected. He was really good at handling all the little details we didn't even think about. Had fun with the children and played exactly what my fiends were wanting to hear. Would recommend him for any event.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Alex Nepa of Local Motion Entertainment was the DJ for our wedding. He was wonderful to work with leading up to the wedding. We could easily access our event planning online. Our guests were able to request songs ahead of time. Alex was very quick to respond and very professional. He took the time to setup a call (I couldn't meet in person because of the distance) and we walked through every detail. I would highly recommend Local Motion Entertainment and Alex!!! Guests raved about the DJ. We had an extremely hot day for our outdoor wedding and everyone was still on the dance floor! The bridal party was running behind for the reception and Alex calmly stepped in and handled everything so our entrance was perfect!!

• Wedding: 07/12/2014
Emily
  • Flexibility: 5.0

They made the party fun! Made music selection super easy and convenient... Played everything that we asked. They were very timely and professional. Made out wedding a fun time!!

• Wedding: 07/12/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Alex was amazing--all of our guests kept telling us how much they enjoyed the DJ. He was able to play everything we wanted and did a great job of mixing songs rather than just doing a playlist which kept everyone on the dance floor the entire night. He was very flexible and followed all of our requests and also filled in where i didn't want to make decisions picking songs that worked for our crowd. I would absolutely recommend him to anyone! :-)

• Wedding: 05/24/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Yesterday, Local Motion did a fantastic job in involving all of our guests during my sister's wedding reception at the Casino at Lakemont Park in Altoona, PA! The DJ kept things moving, played mixes and snippets of songs that were perfect to dance to, and he was having fun right along with our guests! Thank you for a night we'll never forget!
Ashley Schroeder (matron of honor for Jenna Richardella)

• Wedding: 10/05/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Alex was a great DJ and MC at our wedding reception! From talking to him beforehand, we knew he was a highly professional DJ with great organization who would put together an excellent show – and that’s exactly what we got! Everyone had a great time at our reception and very much enjoyed the music – Alex did a great job adjusting to different music as the crowd reacted. Thanks again to Alex for everything – it was a real pleasure working with him!

• Wedding: 10/05/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Alex did a phenomenal job at my wedding reception. His enthusiasm and energy kicked everything up to the next level. He clearly possesses an instictive feel for the crowd and didn't miss a beat. His professionalism and organization made the planning process a breeze. I would definitely recommend Local Motion DJ's and Alex Nepa in particular to any future bride. 110% satisfied!

• Wedding: 09/28/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Local Motion was terrific to work with! They really understood our style and got everyone on the dance floor. Everyone I worked with was friendly and professional. We had so many comments about the great music at our wedding. I highly recommend Local Motion!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My experience with Local LME and Alex Nepa couldn't have been more amazing. Alex runs an astounding business one that is stress free and as every bride knows that is the key to a happy wedding day! Everything from our consultations to using is easy online booking system was a breeze. People that attended our wedding are still talking about our DJ – I told Alex that my goal was to keep the dance floor packed and he did just that. Without hesitation I would suggest using this company - I couldn't have dreamed of having a better experience!

• Wedding: 08/31/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I would highly recomend Local Motion Entertainment to anyone! Alex helped start the reception out awesome and DJ Kyle finished the night out with a bang!! My husband and I are so please with the service we have received and we both agree that Kyle went above and beyond our expectations to help make our wedding perfect!! Thank you local motion entertainment as being part of our special day!!

• Wedding: 08/17/2013
Amber
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had heard DJ Kid AV was a great DJ through a friend. So we sought him out, reviewed some of his work via his website, and immediately signed a contract with him to do our wedding. He absolutely lived up to his review and did an awesome job! All our friends at our wedding were raving about how great he was. I even had one friend say that he wanted to get remarried just so he could have DJ Kid AV dj his wedding. I actually hope I have to hire a DJ for an event in the future because I know it will be DJ Kid AV!!

• Wedding: 08/02/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I just want you to know what a great job AJ did DJ'ing Chelsea and Levi's wedding! We had a great time and he kept the music going. I would recommend him and LocalMotion to anyone needing a DJ!

• Wedding: 06/22/2013
Joyce
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Great DJ. He set up on time, had great lighting, asked us (the bride and groom) questions and worked well with us to provide awesome songs for an awesome evening. We all had a blast. Thank you!!!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Anonymous
814-238-1804
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
Schedule Appointment