Kari Kochar Photography

Kari Kochar Photography

A boutique concept studio.

119 E. Union St., Suite E
Pasadena, CA 91103 | map
Style: Contemporary, Photojournalism, Portraiture, Traditio...
Packages: Digital Files, High Resolution Images, Negatives, Pr...
Liability Insurance: Yes

Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
(4.8 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kari Kochar is an amazing photograher, a true artist capturing the personality and the feel of the event she is covering. Kari photographed my daughter's wedding on 7/28/12. She is a true professional. She has a very calm demeanor even while things are a little "crazy" around her. She has a great eye for detail. Kari is very flexible while maintaining a "photograhic schedule". Her pricing is very reasonable for the service you receive, with many options and ability to add as needed. We could not be happier with the service we received. Needless to say her photographs mirror her artistic eye and attention to detail. With so many photographers, with a huge range of packages, choosing a photographer can be overwhelming. We booked Kari the same day we met with her. We could not be happier with our decision!!!

• Wedding: 07/28/2012
Profile Picture
hope
4.9/5.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We couldn't possibly be more happy with our wedding photos!

• Wedding: 06/05/2012
4.6/5.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Kari was wonderful to work with. She is very professional and responsive throughout the process. She let us customize the package, and while she was on the higher end of photographers we considered, we went with her because we preferred her very clean, natural looking photography (many of the cheaper ones we considered highly photo-shopped or stylized thier photos).

Kari's choice of assistant was also very good, and we enjoyed working with both of them on the day. I was particularly impressed with Kari's awareness of lighting situations. She would move us just of a little bit this way or that to improve the light, and the photos show it --- she is really good at portraiture.

If you like a clean, natural photography style, she's an excellent choice!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Profile Picture
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had great time having Kari as our photographer. She's very professional and her work is beautiful. She is really easy to work with, we felt really comfortable getting our photos taken by her. We are those people who don't really feel comfortable getting our photos taken, but Kari and her other photographer made it feel easy and fun.
We got our photos only few weeks after our wedding and they were wonderful. We wish we had the time to get an engagement photo with her, but since we don't live in LA area, it is hard so we didn't get one. I would recommend people to get it done with the photographer you are hiring for your wedding day, that way she knows what angle looks good on you and what your personality's like. Kari did a great job even without the engagement session with us. I can only imagine it would've been more beautiful if we have had an engagement session.

• Wedding: 06/30/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I could not have asked for a better photographer! Kari and her partner were nothing but professional. They were easy to work with and captured some amazing moments from our special day, that we love to look at every day.

• Wedding: 05/21/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kari Kochar shot our wedding in April, 2011 and also did an engagement shoot for us.

I am beyond happy with both her service, her personality, and of course the photos! My fiance and I both attended film school and thus were extremely picky in regards to the quality of the photos. Kari has an amazing gift for composition and especially *lighting.* On showing my hair/make up artist the photos, they remarked that many of the portraits looked like they had been taken out of a high fashion magazine.

It was very important to me to have nice photos as I am not normally photogenic and wanted to have something I could show my grandchildren some day and with Kari I definitely got what I wanted. I highly recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer, wedding or otherwise.

• Wedding: 04/17/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kari is extremely fun and easy to work with. She is a true artist, trained professionally in photography. Kari is organized and very thorough. For a photographer with her level of expertise she is very modest and down to earth. She has an ability to focus on so many aspects of getting great shots including lighting and settings. My family and friends loved her too. My family said they loved the way she was honest and helped to coach us to relax and not look so nervous and tense! Throughout the night I felt like I did not even see Kari, then sure enough when I saw the pictures I was amazed at how she caught every important moment without being obtrusive. We are huge fans of Kari and will continue to use her for other occasions as well!

• Wedding: 11/06/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kari has a great eye for composition and color. Not only does she get the shot, she gets interesting shots. She does a great job of working with you to see where she can fit in with your schedule. We looked at many photographers and none compared to Kari!

• Wedding: 10/16/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kari was wonderful to work with. She provided us with a template for requesting specific photographs which was very helpful. She took pictures so unobtrusively that I wasn't even aware they were being taken. The pictures themselves are so beautiful, luminous and clear. The black and white pictures, especially the candids, have a photo-journalistic quality. The posed pictures are suited to publication in a magazine - in fact, that's the comment most people have made about them! Kari herself is charming, fun - and very focused. All in all, we consider these pictures to be money well spent in budgeting our wedding. I'm delighted.

• Wedding: 10/10/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kari was great to work with from the beginng. She was friendly and listened to our needs. She made us feel like people not just another customer. Kari took so many great shots at our wedding. Thanks to Kari!!

• Wedding: 10/10/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kari was great and I would be happy to recommend her to anyone. She was very easy to work with and performed with professionalism - both in personality and quality of product. She captured great moments at our engagement session, wedding day pics, the ceremony and reception.

• Wedding: 05/15/2010
4.8/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kari is very punctual. When I first emailed her she emailed me right back and she was even out of the country! This was so helpful when trying to plan my wedding because I was stressed! Also, she is very flexible. She makes an effort to know what kind of photography you want and adapts the style to your wedding. Instead of just assuming she is the professional and not asking your input. She's like the hairstylist who cuts your hair the you want and not the way she would cut her own hair!! Those are the worst haircuts :) ... For a bride this is so important!! I loved the pictures! And the money was the best price for the best package we found on the market. Go with Kari!!!

• Wedding: 05/01/2010
4.8/5.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We hired Kari Kochar for our wedding, April 4, 2009. In the package we choose, it included engagement and 8-10 hrs. of wedding pre-ceremony/ceremony/reception photos. Our wedding ceremony and reception was at the Historic Mission Inn Hotel & Spa, in Riverside. Both my husband and I fell in LOVE with hotel; due to the amazing architecture and old Spanish mission style...it was a very romantic setting for our special day! With that being said, we HAD to have a GREAT photographer, that would be able to capture the beauty of the hotel and our event is such a special way, that it would be timeless.

Kari was able to see our vision and work with the elements we desired to come through the still shots. The price for our photo package was high, for us, but we managed the cost because we really wanted to trust the photographer we choose for our day. Kari did an awesome job with our engagement shoot, and we used a few of those photos for our “Save-the-date” and wedding invite. For the wedding, Kari helped me pre-organize the “must have” shots and assisted with timeline for the day. We explained the most important piece to the wedding day, was for us to have fun and enjoy the event with our friends and family. Kari assisted with this request, by having my husband and I, as well as our bridal party and family shots, do photos before ceremony and reception. Kari, discussed with us, the pros of doing this, so there is more time for different shots during cocktail hour. With further discussion with my husband and myself, and the comfort of trusting Kari, we agreed. We also requested that, she do her best for the most shots, so we could join cocktail hour with our friends and family. This is was the by far the best decision for us, because we joined the cocktail hour, it gave more time for friends and family photos on their own personal cameras and congrats by them as well. Which in turn freed up the time normally spent during the dinner and reception, to meet and greet guest, this gave my husband and I the opportunity to sit back and enjoy all the festivities of the joyous fun day! All which were captured in Kari’s photos.

Kari was fast in uploaded and processing our photo gallery for us and others to see. She even processed a requested “Thank You” wedding photo, for our “thank you” cards, within a few weeks after the wedding. The website was easy to use, and choose from all the photos a certain amount for our wedding album. Within a few months we got 700-800 printed photos; and a few months after that are awesome hard paged wedding album. We love our album and so does every one of our close friends and family that have viewed it. The quality of the photos, the direction of the photo sessions, the professionalism of the photographer/s, and the prompt service to provide photos, gallery, and album in a timely manner were all worth the cost. Not to mention Kari, gave us rights to our photos, which allowed us to be creative and make more personal items for our wedding, pre and post! All our family and friends seemed to enjoy this as well, as us.

• Wedding: 04/04/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If you are looking for a photographer that captures great candid moments as well as fantastic lighting, then Kari is the photographer for you. She was very professional and well organized during our engagement session and wedding event. She was very patient and understood what I wanted for our wedding pictures. I would highly recommend Kari Kochar for any type of important functions. I know I'll be knocking on her door when I'm pregnant. (She does amazing pregnancy shots too.)

• Wedding: 04/03/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

As a wedding photographer myself I know quality when I see it. I hired Kari to shoot my wedding and she did an amazing job! I love my wedding images and highly recommend her to anyone.

• Wedding: 09/20/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kari was so easy to work with! My husband and I, as well as our bridal party felt very comfortable working with her and her team. The photographs from both our engagement session and wedding turned out amazing! Kari captured very special moments that we are now able to reflect upon, thanks to her unique style and professionalism. Kari is an expert in her field. We highly recommend her and would most definitely use her services again!

• Wedding: 09/18/2009
626-798-2100
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards