John and Colette photography & beauty
Team Photography & Professional makeup. S. California.Central Coast, NW Montana.
Los Angeles, CA 90012  | map

Sort By:

4.9/5.0
  • Value:  4.5

Anonymous 1 Reviews
We had a great experience from start to finish, from our initial meeting to the follow up with our images! Colette addressed many of our questions and concerns with informative articles professionally and promptly. John and Colette worked with us within our timeline, offering valuable suggestions and ideas for our day. They even offered us a great deal on a second photographer!
Our images are amazing and we are excited to share them through some DIY album projects. Colette again gave us some great recommendations! Our day went by so fast, but we are so glad we have these beautiful images to look back on and remember our day!
Wedding: 2+ years ago

Moira 1 Reviews
Hiring a really good photographer was the one thing friends advised me not to skimp on, and I’m so glad I heeded their advice. John and Colette are incredibly professional and detail-oriented. I love their team approach, which allows them to capture different aspects of the event which are happening simultaneously. They are also very pleasant, warm people to be around—which is important on such a special day!

Before we met we negotiated a very clear and precise contract. About 6 months out we had an in-person consultation during which got to know each other and Colette did a trial run on hair and makeup. During the following months we were in frequent contact, going over the details of the wedding timeline so that Colette and John knew exactly what we wanted photographed and when. She emailed with my bridesmaids to be sure that they had the looks they wanted for the wedding too. On our wedding day Colette did a fantastic job on all of our hair and make-up. She made us look gorgeous, and was flexible when I changed my mind about the hairstyle I wanted at the last minute. Both John and Colette exude competence. I felt really comfortable letting them guide me in poses. They were patient when my husband and I were reluctant to leave the party to take special shots which now we are so grateful that we have (as they knew we would be). And without my being aware of it at all, they took beautiful shots of the scenery, flowers, cakes, etc… All in all, we are thrilled with their work and would recommend them highly to anyone.
Wedding: 06/16/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I was highly impressed with John & Colette! The photos of my November Wedding turned out incredibly. The photos were not only beautiful, but appeared to be works of art.
As many brides, I had no clue of how much work and planning went into a Wedding. John & Colette met with my Fiance and I several times to go through the details and to create a timeline in order to ensure that everything ran as smooth as possible on the special day. Colette did my make-up and hair and I truly felt like a princess! I was going to cut that luxury due to budget restraints, however I am so glad that I did it, because she made me look like a movie star.
The day goes by so fast and so it is crucial that the photos reflect every aspect of the "perfect" day. This incredible team will capture the beauty that radiates through you from the inside out. I highly recommend John & Colette Photography & Beauty!

Wedding: 11/04/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
John and Colette were absolutely amazing. I truly have nothing but good things to say about their photography and over all professionalism. Not only are they fantastic at what they do but flexible and caring. They captured every moment of my wedding, the smallest of details I will always have because of them!
Wedding: 08/06/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Finding the right Photographer(s) was the highest priority task in planning my July 2011 wedding. Regardless of what lovely location, or magical gown I found, I knew those precious moments are over in a flash, and that I had better work hard to find just the right person/team to capture every last detail!

John and Colette are all that I had hoped for, and so much more!

The examples in their website albums are breathtaking! Their attention to detail and ability to capture the most elusive magical moments & expressions was true to their examples. They captured virtually everyone's personality in subtle, priceless candid photos. I have past experiences at weddings with other more forceful, less charismatic photographers, and I know this can put a big dent in your special day; however EVERYONE loved John and Colette! They blended so well into our wide variety of personalities, and each picture has the feeling that it was taken by a dear member of the family.

Things I appreacitated most ~
* Pre-event connections:
1. We (my fiance, Colette & John) met initially, and spent a few hours talking and getting to know each other. They are amazing human beings and a warm and welcoming couple. We had a great time chatting, and really appreaciated their great recommendations of local eateries after our meeting too!
2. Very clear contract and everything was just as promised.
3. I met with Colette for a "practice run" for Beauty (hair & make-up) - so much fun! I looked so good when I got home, my fiance took me out for an impromptu date night saying, "you look too good to just go home!" ;)
4. Many, many phone calls and emails to dial in every last detail, as well as to come up with a personalized game plan and a timeline that was perfectly aligned with that of the other vendors.
5. Final pre-event meeting to talk about the focal points and people. They really took a lot of time understanding who the key people were in our life and what the imporantat things were to capture for us!

* Colette is a calming presence and a gifted artist! The "day of" is always chatoic. I know this from being a brides-maid several times over. It can get away from you quickly, and you can become frazzled easily. Colette kept me in the moment, and all while she transformed me into "The Bride"! I can not say enough about how many compliments I received on my hair and make-up... It was breathtaking, and every bride should have that experience!

* John leaves no stone unturned! I am the type of person who appreciates the nature, the details, the decor, and I have the most fantastic images of it all! He finds the perfect angle and turns easily overlooked significant structures, flowers and decor into gorgeous works of art.

* Flexible, patient, fun-loving! The event went off without a hitch, and largely because of the timeline they had provided. Again, everyone loved them and they did not have it easy with some of my more "difficult to round up" family members!

All in all, and as I'm sure you've already gathered from the above, I very highly recommend John and Colette! A better Photography and Beauty team... you will not find!
Wedding: 07/30/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
As a bride and groom we spend so much time thinking about how to make our day feel as special as possible. But when the day comes it goes by quickly. Nothing is more dear to us than the photos John and Colette took of our wedding. Natural, calm and collected, John and Colette blended in with the crowd catching every nuance and personality of the event. It is one thing to pick a photographer based on the photos- agreeably an important part. But when your photographers personalities are calm, confident, happy, and relaxed, not only are you, the bride and groom relaxed, so are your guests. The proof is in the pictures.
Thank you John and Colette for adding so much to all our events by just being your amazing selves. We are thankful for your amazing artful eye. And the result- as the cliché goes- pictures for a lifetime.
Wedding: 07/16/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
John and Colette are an exceptional photography and beauty team, besides being warm and wonderful people. At every stage of the process -- from the first meeting at the studio to walking through our unique venue, from the engagement session to the make up trial, the wedding day, and afterward, John and Colette went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect. They really take pride in their work and it shows.

For make up and hair, I didn't have very specific ideas. Colette was really patient to work with me until we got to something that I liked. I never looked too made up, which was most important to me, and it was great to have touch ups all night, especially with a 90 minute ceremony and a costume change!

We had a long and chaotic Indian wedding with so much to cover, so we really needed two cameras. John and Colette seemed to love the challenge. Colette shot 'second' camera after finishing make up, and worked really well together with John. Our photographs truly captured the spirit of our day and we couldn't be happier with our choice.

Like all good photographers, John and Colette have their own particular style and aesthetic, and it comes through clearly in their images. If you respond to them the way I did, then hire them and be assured you won't have to worry about a thing!
Wedding: 09/05/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
John and Colette went above and beyond to make sure that we had the best pictures we could possibly have from our big day. They were professional and experienced yet blended into our wedding with ease. We wanted to be comfortable with our photographers while at the same time we needed them to be able to take control in order to get those shots that hang on your wall for the rest of your life. John and Colette made us feel comfortable and at ease which resulted in amazing photos.

When you pick a photographer you are picking someone who is going to capture an important moment in your life. They are invited into your personal space and sharing in those moments with you. You want them to see those moments but let them organically happen. I couldn't have asked for two people more at ease, skilled and able to do just that.

It was also important that we have two photographers that could shoot from different angles while events were taking place simultaneously. We had a large wedding and having two photographers helped us to capture so many of our friends and family.

Colette did my bridal hair and makeup. It was important to me that I looked like the freshest and prettiest version of myself. I wanted classic timeless beauty and Colette completely understood my vision. She takes the time to work with you on your "look" before the big day. I have had my hair and makeup done for many weddings and Colette was the first person who actually listened to what I wanted and helped me to improve upon it.

We were sent a CD of all of our pictures after the wedding and I also used the website provided by John and Colette to order prints. The quality of the prints was outstanding and I would recommend ordering from this website.
Wedding: 08/28/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
John's photography was my and now my husband's favorite when we started looking for our destination wedding. From the first time I spoke with Colette she was very kind, helpful, and professional. Her response time to email and phone calls was extremely timely.

We met them 2 days before the wedding in Montana and I never doubted they would deliver. John had already been to the wedding venue and found great ideas for places to shot pictures.

During my beauty run through and morning of the ceremony Colette ended up meeting most of both of our families and friends. She remained very professional but fit right in.

Having Colette do my make-up and hair and then my two Matrons of Honor the morning of the wedding was such a relief. Throughout the wedding Colette was more then willing to touch up my hair and lips as needed. Which was amazing since the wind was blowing and the wedding was outside.

Once Colette was done with my hair she picked up a camera and was the second photographer. She does an amazing job taking pictures and offered a different view from John's. Her versatility makes them a wonderful duo.

They were around us for 12 hours and never once were in the way. The groom would agree! Both fathers were impressed by how much they "worked" that day.

I can't describe to you how amazing the photos turned out to be, but I can say that I will never regret choosing them to shot our wedding day. I would hire them again in an instant.

Wedding: 08/19/2010
4.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I really appreciate the work of John and Colette did in my wedding. They are great couple with professional attitude. They arrived earlier in order to get to know the whole place, wedding party and family members, which makes the whole photography process smoothly and comfortable.

And, they are not just professionals, but also act like families. I was about to cry when I heard my decoration person was late, and every one was waiting for my groom who was stucked on the freeway...the wedding is about to start in 3 hours, I totally freaked out and Colette was putting those pretty make up on me but I could not stop my tears...then Colette told me her story, and how she was not able to enjoy the whole thing because of unsettled concerns--She told me I need to be a pretty bride and enjoy every moment of my wedding no matter what happend. It really SAVED me. And she even encouraged me to write my hubby a note to comfort him....It turns out perfect and wonderful. It was the most beautiful day in my life. THANKS.

Cindy and Frank, Los Angeles,CA
Wedding: 06/13/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
If you are looking for a very genuine, friendly, easy to work with, and an amazing team of photographers then you should look no further than John and Colette. They are very professional and one of the greatest couples we ever got the pleasure to meet and work with. They were very easy to talk to, and when my wife and I discussed with them the kind of photos we wanted, they happily obliged and talked about what they could do. They are extremely professional and everything we had asked for, we received with amazing results. We had our engagement photos taken at the Griffith Park Observatory. My wife and I were very nervous as we've never had our photos taken professionally before, but John and Colette were able to break us out of our shell and we began really enjoying ourselves. The photos turned out amazing, and we couldn't wait to see how wonderful our wedding photos would be. Sure enough, when the wedding day came we were not disappointed at all. We hired Colette to do my wife's makeup and hair so she wouldn't have to worry about driving all over the place to get everything done that day. When I got to see her up at the alter, I was floored by how amazing she looked. Colette did an amazing job, and her many years of experience really shows. Family, friends, and other guests at the wedding were very happy and enjoyed themselves with John and Colette as they took pictures of them having a wonderful time. I highly recommend them, they are a wonderful pair of photographers and overall some amazing people to get to know.
Wedding: 05/02/2010
excellent service
Wedding: 02/01/2009
Services Used: Beauty & Health
  • Flexibility:  5.0
John & Colette were so much fun to work with. I was so amazed by how beautiful our engagement pictures turned out that when it came time to see our wedding pictures, John & Colette took my breath away. The pictures were so beautiful and captured each amazing moment of our day. We received so many compliments from our family & friends. Other wedding photographers only photograph for a certain number of hours but John & Colette were there from morning until the very last minute. Colette did my hair and make-up. I felt like a STAR!!! Later in the evening, Colette also grabbed a camera and started shooting pictures so we ended up having 3 wedding photographers! How awesome is that!!!!

As you can see, all of the reviews on John & Colette have been 5 stars so don't look any further and call them NOW!!!!!
Wedding: 07/26/2008
  • Flexibility:  5.0
John and Colette are an amazing team. The pictures are absolutely amazing and we just love them! Colette is a makeup artist to the stars who will do amazing work for you and your maids. She does trial runs as well so you get a chance to see the final product before the day of and you can make any adjustments to it right there. John is the "lead" photographer and is incredible. Both of them do commercials and film work all the time, so they GET IT. Once the party starts Colette picks up a camera as well and you get two photographers for one! And they are AWESOME. They have great ideas to make the pictures meaningful, more like a story in pictures than just posed grinning traditional pictures. They are truly people I would recommend to ANYONE. They are people you WANT at your party as well as photographers who will catch it all and make it beautiful for your wedding. The price is a little higher than just one photographer, but you get two photographers and your hair and makeup done BEAUTIFULLY. I can't tell you what a joy it was having them at our wedding and how incredible the pictures turned out. Book them! Book them! Book them!
John and Colette photography & beauty responded with the following comments:
Hey Morgan, Hi Alex,
You guys are great, thanks so much for the exuberant review, wow. We loved every minute of of your wedding, studio day, trial run, you're the best! Did you see the studio shots? Let me know which one to print.
Thanks again!!
Colette & John
Wedding: 06/07/2008
  • Flexibility:  5.0
John and Colette were amazing throughout the entire wedding process. Not only were we so thrilled with our engagement pictures, but if it is even possible, we were even more amazed with our wedding pictures. They captured our day perfectly. I have seen soo many other pictures that are completely overprocessed, but John and Colette's work is absoluely beautiful without all of the crazy gimics that a lot of photographers use. We will enjoy our pictures for many years to come and will always look at them and be able to remember exactly how we felt that day, which is more that I could ever ask for.
Not only were our pictures great, but Colette's beauty services were amazing. She went above and beyond to make sure that I was completely satisified with my hair and make-up, and I was! It turned out amazing, exactly what I wanted. And what was even more special was she was there all night to touch up, I felt like a princess!!!!!
I can't say enough about John and Colette, they are always accessible and there to answer any questions you may have. I never had any issues getting a hold of them. They are a dream to work with! We hope to have the opportunity to work with both of them again!
Thank you John and Colette for being apart of our day!
Sarah and Keith
Wedding: 05/16/2008
  • Flexibility:  5.0
John and Colette were amazing and wonderful. Our pictures were amazing and all our guests agreed. My make-up and hair was exactly what I imagined and Colette made-up my mom and she looked beautiful. I loved that they worked as a team and I (being a worried bride) didn't have to worry about anything.
Wedding: 04/19/2008
Services Used: Beauty & Health, Photography, Unique Services (Other)

e.g. xxx-xxx-xxxx