DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Historic Charleston

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

The DoubleTree was the perfect location in every way for our daughters wedding and reception. From the first meeting with Amber and Kate, they were extremely helpful and a total delight to work with. They were enthusiastic and eager to make the day stress free. Any questions were answered very promptly and pleasantly. Their services are priceless. The location could not be more beautiful and the staff was amazing. Every single person we encountered was eager to make you feel welcome and comfortable. Many guest commented that it was an elegant, formal wedding, but did not feel stuffy because the staff was so personal. The food was absolutely fabulous. "Icing on the cake" was the convenience of a venue with luxurious accommodations for the bride and groom as well as out of town guests and even local guests that might choose to stay and extend an unforgettable downtown event. Anyone looking for a first class wedding and reception venue downtown Charleston need look no further. The location, the preparation, the service, the food, the attention to detail are simply perfect. The DoubleTree is everything you are looking for and more, all without the sticker shock one would expect. A special thanks again to the Wedding Specialist, Amber VanPatten for her delightful attitude, tireless preparation, and flawless execution, and to the General Manager, Sergio Roa and all the DoubleTree team for making us feel like royalty.

J
11/15/2014

Booking our son and new daughter-in-law's wedding and reception at the Double Tree Historic District was the best decision we made. Amber was with us all the way from the minute we started looking at this venue until the wedding day. She was super responsive to any and all questions, and was an amazing resource for coordinating the entire event. Her recommendations of vendors, from the officiant to the photographer to the florist were all perfect such that we felt we had an entire team working just to make sure everything ran as perfectly as possible for our event. She even coordinated timelines with these vendors, making contact with each, as well as our chosen band and MC. If you want a one-stop venue in the center of historic Charleston where your guests can attend a courtyard wedding followed by a well-run reception in the ballroom, then spend the night without ever leaving the premises, you cannot do better than the Charleston Double Tree.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Kate was absolutely incredible with helping coordinate and execute our wedding day. All of our guests loved the venue and the amazing food!! We had a couple delays with the vendors and she made sure to handle them so I wouldn't get stressed. She made sure to that all the attendants were taken care of in the morning while we were getting ready. The staff was so warm and welcoming. We had a couple broken glasses on the dance floor and they were quick to clean up and make sure everyone was safe. I wish we could redo the entire night, it was that perfect. Thank you so much.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Katie
11/30/2013

I am beyond satisfied with the Doubletree! Kate was so wonderful to work with as well as the rest of the staff. The prompt responses to all my questions made planning my wedding from a distance so easy. I would highly recommend this venue!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If your having a wedding in Charleston, this is the place to do it. It is centrally located in downtown Charleston on Market St. The hotel is amazing, boasting of every feature you could ever need especially for planning and out of town wedding like I did. With all of our family and friends flying in from other states there really was no better option. However, that is not the reason we chose this venue. We chose this venue for its amazing outdoor courtyard which is quaint, quite, and absolutely amazing! Everything else that came with the courtyard was a bonus for me. I worked very closely with the Catering Manager Kate Neville, who was PRICELESS! She made this process smooth and flawless. Considering that we did most of the planning through email and over the phone, Kate left no stone unturned and made sure that no detail was overlooked, no matter how small. From menu options, and suggestions to colors and flowers, Kate knew the ropes and was a seasoned professional. Once we arrived at the Double Tree, ALL of the staff from the Valet, Front Desk, to the Maintenance staff were all friendly, knowledgeable and so extremely accommodating. All of our family and friends were impressed by not only the hotel but by Kate and her staff as well. Everyone was professional, dressed for the occasion, and so full of the Southern charm we so dearly love. I must say that even though the weather did not cooperate with us and we had to move the wedding and planned tented cocktail reception indoors, Kate was irreplaceable in that process as well. She took care of every detail, working closely with my Maid of Honor, and they were able to turn an almost close call disaster into the PERFECT WEDDING! I HIGHLY recommend the Double Tree and Kate Neville.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Amazing wedding, Kate Neville and staff were attentive and took care of the bride as if she were a family member or close friend. The food was superb the service impeccable. We had 130 guests for a sit down dinner, with multiple entrees and the servers were flawless. Everyone got their food hot and exactly what they ordered. The courtyard was charming with an elegant atmosphere, passed horde reveres as well as fruit displays and cheese displays with open bar and 2 signature drinks. The ballroom was decked out in the brides colors or coral navy blue and ivory with lighting and linens provided by AV WIRED and BBJ LINENS. All professionally executed by Hilton's Double Tree best! Thank you almost seems understated, but many thanks. Melaina Kenny mother of the bride

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

From the day we decided on having our wedding at the DoubleTree all the way through to the day after our wedding, we had an amazing team. The venue was beautiful - since all of our families are up north, we knew Charleston would be the best place for a "destination wedding" along with the beautiful scenery and things to do! Kate Neville, our wedding coordinator with the DT, was absolutely AMAZING!! She went above and beyond for us and made sure everything we wanted was done and done the way we wanted. I couldn't have chosen a better place to have our wedding at :)

Anonymous
2+ years ago

Fabulous! They gave me the wedding of my dreams! Very easy to work with and very accommodating.

J
07/28/2012

Kate and her staff were so pleasant and easy to work with. They were always accessible and very helpful in our planning. During the planning stage Kate's advice was extremely helpful and she gave us great suggestions for vendors when needed. We were from out of town so her guidance was so appreciated. She helped us plan the perfect event within our budget. When we arrived her staff was eager to help us unpack and store what was needed for our event. The hotel staff was very accommodating to us as well as our guests. The entire staff knew who we were and called us by name the whole weekend which made us feel very welcome (even the bellmen). The event ran smoothly and timely and we were able to enjoy the reception completely without any concerns. Kate made sure everything went as planned. The food was delicious and plentiful (especially the pasta station...it was quite a hit)! All the guests were very complimentary of the staff, service, accommodations and food. The bride's comments were that everything was perfect and she wouldn't have changed a thing!
The location is incredible! Many of our guests had never been to Charleston so location was very important to us. It is right by the Market, restaurants, historical buildings, tours, shopping and entertainment. We didn't get in our car except to drive to the church.
I would recommend this venue to anyone!

Beverly
1 Review
07/28/2012

Kate was professional, caring, and enthusiastic in all of her communication about the wedding details. She went above and beyond in assisting me with contacts for a walker for my mother who was coming in for the destination wedding.
She was most helpful in setting up the post wedding brunch and the cost was reasonable. She was available and attentive at the wedding and we could not have had a more lovely event!!

Maegan
1 Review
04/07/2012

Kate and the entire staff from the Doubletree downtown Charleston, SC helped us to envision our wedding reception from beginning to end. The experienced staff helped us plan a classic cocktail hour in their beautiful courtyard with cheese displays, great dips, and signature cocktails. Their chef made great tasting food that even my grandmother raved about. The shrimp & grits station and carving stations were great for interactive and fresh service to guests. Kate new all of the right questions to ask us to make sure that every detail was worked out ahead of time. She was also very available and flexible. The event was completely planned out beforehand and handled so that we had nothing to worry about but enjoying our family and friends on our big day. The ball room included neat lighting that fit our color scheme and tables perfectly planned to suit our style and guests needs. We will be talking about how great our wedding turned out with family and friends for years to come!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

Kate Neville and the staff at the Double Tree by Hilton were amazing. The entire event was absolutely flawless thanks to Kate's attentiveness and organization. The Double Tree not only provided the reception space, but they did all of the catering as well. I have received endless compliments about how good the food was. The stations were laid out to promote movement and flow around the entire ball room. The menu tasting was really helpful and Kate made sure to detail all of our choices and her recommendations were incredible. We met many times over the year to discuss details and logistics and never once did we feel like we were imposing or rushed. E-mails and phone calls were always answered promptly. We were also extremely happy with the cost of the event. The Double Tree made our budget work without having to sacrifice any details that I wanted to make our event special. Thanks to Kate and her staff our wedding went smoothly and we never once during the reception did we have to think about details or timelines- they made sure it was done for us!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

My Husband and I, along with our wedding guests, were extremely pleased to with everything the Doubletree had to offer for our wedding day.
When my husband and I decided that we wanted to get married in Historic Charleston, we knew we wanted quality and southern charm. The Doubletree offered that!
They were the only venue in the area that had a rain plan included in the cost.
Also the venue offered a wedding planner. Kate was awesome there! Whenever I had an idea or needed to weigh an option on vendors, Kate was there to offer her expertise. We disclosed our budget to Kate and she helped us stay on track and underbudget.
We are still on a natural high from our wedding and hands down would recommend this venue to any of our friends and family members.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I wanted to let you know about the wonderful experience we had at your Doubletree Hotel in Charleston. Your hotel was the site for our daughter's wedding reception and also a large portion of our guests stayed there. This was a destination wedding with the groom's family being from Boston, Massachusetts and our family being as far away as Texas.

Everyone there starting with Kate McDermott and Nettie Owens, couldn't have been more accommodating and professional. The parents of the bride and groom were able to come in April with them and tour the hotel, chose the types of rooms needed for different guests needs, participate in the tastings and get great recommendations for the rehearsal dinner at Mercato's, etc. Kate was there all day of the reception and into the night. Her staff was so good, we didn't even know they were there. It all seemed to just get done without any fuss at all.
When we arrived back in our room, everything from the reception, gifts, etc. were all delivered. The food was sooo good. Everyone loved it. Great catering staff. I could go on and on, but I think you get the picture !

Our families were there from Thursday until Monday and it was a joy to be there. Everyone from your front desk, the housekeeping staff, and I can't say enough about your bellmen and valets. My husband has an electric wheelchair and the extra help I needed with him, they just stepped up without being asked and went the extra mile. Helping him to the car, having the car ready everytime we needed it and loading, etc. Wow !

You have a great team and we just wanted you to know that my husband and I enjoyed being a guest at our daughter's wedding weekend because your staff did all the work. Thanks again to them all.

We would definitely recommend your hotel and amenities to everyone!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)

Kate was amazing at the Doubletree. She took care of most of the things we needed to be handled and our day went off without any problems. The staff was always present and attentive yet never overwhelming.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Double Tree Downtown Charleston was the PERFECT venue for my daughter's wedding reception! The location cannot be beat with the Market and endless restaurants, shops and attractions within walking distance of the hotel. The reception planner, Kate, did a fantastic job and the reception went beautifully! She handled all of the details including coordination with other vendors, and the reception room and courtyard for cocktails looked absolutely lovely. The food was delicious and the entire staff was efficient and friendly. We even lucked out with the weather- comfortable 80s in the middle of July. I highly recommend the DoubleTree for an outstanding wedding reception in Charleston, SC! Thanks DoubleTree!