Dolce Studio Films

5877 Washington Blvd.
PO Box 5281
Arlington, VA 22205 | map
Style: Cinematic, Documentary
Packages: Edited Video, High Definition Video, Multiple Camera...
Liability Insurance: Yes
(4.7 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.7 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I would highly recommend Dolce Studio if you are looking for a great videographer! I knew I wanted to have a video from our wedding, but was a little hesitant because I normally feel very uncomfortable in front of the camera. We had Erin as our videographer and a lot of the times I did not even realize she was taping. It was not until I saw the video that I realized how great she was at capturing all of the special moments and details from the day. She was fantastic to work with and not one of those annoying vendors that is always in the way. She blended into the crowd and I couldn't believe all of the things she was able to capture, especially since it was just her. For the editing, we worked with Shayna, who was just as great to work with. I had a very specific idea of how I wanted my video to flow (I choose the Little Black Dress package since I basically just wanted the 15 minute highlight video) and Shayna took all my ideas into account when editing the film. It came out even better than I was hoping. I can't thank everyone at Dolce enough for putting together such a great video of our wedding!

• Wedding: 05/19/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I hired Dolce Studio Films to cover our wedding on April 13, 2013. We chose the Duo Couture package which included two videographers for 8 hours of coverage. When meeting with Haynal for the first time, we liked that she was so thorough with her description of her business's work and policies. She was very up front and to the point. We saw many samples of Dolce Studio films and were impressed with the quality. Haynal was also very flexible with us during our planning process!

We have yet to receive our final film, but I was happy that we were allowed to be involved in the editing process. That is a very nice touch and much appreciated as I had a specific "vision" for how my video would be.

Both of our videographers showed up on time and were very professional. My husband and I both commented that we hardly realized they were even there!! Never were they in the way, or "in our faces".

I have no doubt that our final product will be phenomenal. We are very happy to have our most precious and valued memories caught on film. You can't put a price on that!!

• Wedding: 04/13/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

When researching videographers I was immediately impressed with the sample footage I received from Dolce and then later with the time and attention Haynal gave me answering all my questions. She really took the time to explain the process and gave me enough information for me to make the best decision for our wedding. I loved that she wasn't pushy or trying to "up sell" me as some vendors do.

Our wedding day we chose to have two videographers to capture all of our special moments and I was quite pleased with how professional they both were. They did such an amazing job at blending in that you really never notice they are there but they capture everything and are very unobtrusive. I would highly recommend them to any Bride who is looking for quality work and professional attitudes. We are really looking forward to seeing what they put together for our final product and I love that we also have the option to purchase the raw footage!

• Wedding: 09/22/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Dolce provided the most amazing level of customer service. They were extremely responsive beginning with the initial conversation through the entire process. On the very day of her wedding, our daughter requested a change in the coverage schedule and Dolce made the change without question. Since the wedding the filmmakers have been working with my daughter and son in law as if they were Dolce's only client. All this attention to make sure the final film is absolutely perfect-just the way they want it to be.

• Wedding: 09/01/2012
Ray and Lori
  • Flexibility: 5.0

From the very first inquiry Dolce's customer service was nothing short of outstanding. Our first conversation was with Haynal Papp and she made us feel as if we had known her for years. Throughout the process Haynal was extremely responsive to every question and suggestion we had she made us feel as if we were her only customer and our daughter's wedding was the only wedding she was filming in September. On the day of the wedding my daughter changed her mind and wanted thier video to include her getting ready/dressed - she called the videographer and ask if she could make a last minute schedule change. The videographer made the accomodation with an outstanding level of professionalism. My daughter and son-in-law were thrilled with the level of service and professionalism demonstrated by the videographers.
We shopped many companies and we found Dolce to be the vest vaule.
We strongly recommend Hayal and the entire Dolce team.

• Wedding: 09/01/2012
Lori
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Haynal and her team were an absolute pleasure to work with throughout the entire experience! I called very close to my event date and Haynal assured me that all will go well and it did! The videographers were wonderful throughout the crazy rain-filled day!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We hired Dolce Studios just a week or two before our wedding and they were great about accommodating us at the last minute! Everything was seamless and I didn't even really know they were there. It is great to have a video to remember the time. I thought they were reasonably priced as well.

• Wedding: 06/02/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We loved having Dolce Studio Films as our wedding videographer! Haynal and her team were extremely professional, friendly, and informative during our entire time working together. From our first email request for information, to the end of the wedding reception when the artists left, everything ran very smoothly. We especially loved having two artists there to capture all of the action, especially the separate simultaneous events (bride and groom getting ready, opening gifts, etc.) that one artist alone could not get. The BlueRay video that Dolce produced for us is simply fantastic, and we've loved showing it off to family and friends. We're so glad we went with Dolce, and we now have our special day captured on video for us to share with our children for years to come. Very highly recommend!

• Wedding: 05/12/2012
Heather
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Words can't describe how talented the videographers at Dolce Studio Films are (especially Ernest and Tracey). Our wedding coordinator recommended Dolce as being the best of the best. Haynal stayed on top of things until the day of our events; Dolce covered our Sangeet as well two days before the wedding, so there was a lot of coordinating to do and Haynal and Ernest made it seamless.

I waited to write my review until after we received our video. WOW!!! It is breathtakingly amazing. I don't know that any words I can find will do justice to what a special video Ernest created for us. It is absolutely perfect. It captured the feeling of our events exactly how they felt in that moment. We were all in tears throughout most of the video. We both turned to each other and said Ernest is amazing! He created such a wonderful memory for us. We can't wait to share this with our kids one day. We all commented on how we never felt like the videographers were there, Ernest and Tracey did such a good job of just blending into the background, and yet all of the shots are right there in the action as if they had been standing next to me all evening. They have such wonderul talent and one we feel very lucky to have had as a part of our day.

With all the costs of a wedding, we wondered if spending money on a videographer was necessary. I can now say it was the best decision we made. Even over our photographer! While it is nice to have pictures, nothing really captures completely what your day was like like videography does. I am now 5 months out from our wedding and the day has become a blur, but I watch our video and instantly the whole day comes flooding back. Our kids will one day be able to hear us say our vows, take our first dance, listen to the wonderful toasts of our families and friends, and watch their dad break it down on the dance floor. I will never be able to thank Dolce enough for this gift they have given us and highly recommend them!

• Wedding: 04/14/2012
AprilBride
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Dolce Studio Films was FABULOUS!!! I can't even begin to explain how much I love them, the video they made for us, and everything about the process. We knew we wanted two videographers, and the contracted time was not going to be enough. We thought it was expensive to pay overtime to both videographers. Haynal allowed us to have the videographers come at different times--so they both were only there for 8 hours, yet all 10ish hours of our event was covered. We only had one videographer for the getting ready moments, and then two for the big chunk of the wedding, and only one again at the end of the night. This worked perfectly for us, and Haynal did not make us pay any extra for this weird combination. I loved that we had input into the editing of our film--we choose music, we emailed back and forth with our editor about certain scenes, etc. When we received our video, we were thrilled! I've watched it about 5 times already (and I thought it was going to be something I'd watch maybe 5 times in my life!) The dvd did have a scratch on it, so Haynal sent another copy free of charge. Then, my mother in law called to order more copies. She happened to mentioned she was disappointed that part of the ceremony was editted (but didn't ask for anything in return). That ended up being a mistake and they are adding that section back in, and sending us new videos! Their customer service is phenomenal, they are responsive, and they are flexible--they want to make the day perfect for you! I would use them again if I could do it all over again!!!

• Wedding: 07/03/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Dolce was recommended to me by a close friend, and I couldn't have been more happy with the final product. The final video brought us back to our special day and captured things we didn't even know happened that day! Natasha was our shooter, she was so professional and discrete, and took some excellent shots. We would recommend Dolce to anybody and everybody!

• Wedding: 05/07/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I’ll update this when I get the video back, but knowing their portfolio, I know that I won’t be disappointed. Natasha was my shooter, and she was great. She had an easy going personality and was just as sweet as my photographers. In fact, they worked together only a couple weeks before my wedding, so they knew each other. That helped out a lot because they were able to assist each other in getting the shots they wanted. Hanyall was also a joy to speak with over the phone, and she was helpful in giving me tips, not only about video, but about wedding vendors in general

• Wedding: 09/18/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We have not yet seen the end product but we are confident it will be a beautiful piece of work! Dolce was extremely flexible in allowing us to adjust or contract with them only a couple days before the wedding. I also asked the videographer, the delightful Stephanie, to stay an extra hour as the day was just going far too fast and we wanted her to capture the cake cutting, etc. and she very kindly obliged. Haynal gave me great wedding day advice to smile, be happy and try not to worry if anything goes wrong (which it alwasy will). Thanks and we cannot wait to see the video!

• Wedding: 10/24/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Dolce Video was very professional and did a wonderful job.

• Wedding: 10/17/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I decided to hire a videographer at the very last minute and Dolce Video was extremely flexible and accomodating. We decided to have two videographers and they were very professional and unobstrusive. Throughout the entire ceremony and reception, I completely forgot I had videographers because they were never obstrusive. In addition, the entire team were very helpful and highly responsive. Currently, they are editing our video and they have answered every question I have had. I highly recommend Dolce, they are fantastic!!

• Wedding: 10/11/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I just recently watched my video from my 10/10/2009 wedding. Ernest filmed the video and edited it. He combined 8mm with regular film (assuming digital?) and it turned out amazzzzzziiinnnggg. I booked them last minute, about a month out from the wedding. Costs add up so quickly and I was uneasy about paying for it when I was paying for a photographer too. SO glad I did. I have watched the video again and again. Ernest welcomed ideas for songs and used my suggestions and did not include songs I requested to be left out. I gave such little direction to what I wanted, I was so busy with everthing else, and the product was gorgeous, couldn't be happier.

highly recommend them!

• Wedding: 10/10/2009
703-300-9033
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards