dmfoto

dmfoto

2607 Cradle Hill Ct.
Midlothian, VA 23112 | map
Style: Contemporary, Photojournalism, Portraiture, Traditio...
Packages: Albums, Custom Graphic Design, Digital Files, Flush ...
Liability Insurance: Yes

(4.5 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.7 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Awesome all around! Very professional, yet fun and easy to work with. I love the creativity they brought to our pictures. I would definitely recommend!

dmfoto responded with the following comments:

Thank you for this great review. We love to hear from our customers.

• Wedding: 09/14/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The photography was incredible for my daughter's wedding. Daniel came to the rehearsal to get a feel for the church and shots he could take since he had not been there in awhile. Then on the wedding day itself, Daniel and his assistant provided us with a host of well thought out shots that are just amazing in quality and quantity. The final products, both wall photos and bride's album, are simply beautiful. Thank you, Daniel, for providing us with a lovely way to remember a perfect day!

• Wedding: 07/06/2013
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Daniel did an excellent job on my daughters wedding. He was always there for us. He listened to what I wanted, creative shots, details, and with his personal artistic touch, the pictures came out great! I would highly recommend him. He was also so easy to get along with. We had a great time. He made it the best experience. I will hire him again for my next daughters wedding. Thank you soooooo much Daniel!

dmfoto responded with the following comments:

Daniel is amazing. He loves being a photographer and does all he can to keep the Bride and Groom happy. Thank you for sharing your review on Wedding wire. We sincerely appreciate it.

• Wedding: 04/20/2013
karen
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband, family and I were all very pleased with the services that dmfoto provided. They were very professional, timely, and flexible. The photos from our wedding are fantastic and we can't wait to show them off.

• Wedding: 10/27/2012
Amanda
4.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Dave and Macee were the photographers for our wedding and did an incredible job! We absolutely loved the moments they captured and the album designed by Daniel turned out beautifully! We planned our wedding from out-of-state and we were able to easily get in touch with Dave when we needed and he was responsive to my many emails. Dave also worked with us to make sure their services fit our needs and budget. Our wedding photographs were one of the most important things to us and with the years of experience and prior reviews we read about online for dmfoto, we knew they would be a great fit.

At the wedding, Dave and Macee were so professional and worked so hard. They made it extra fun to take pictures with our families and wedding party, and really seemed liked they wanted to be there. We had a very large wedding (and some demanding guests!), but Macee in particular was so great at managing photographing large groups of people.

Our photos were posted online relatively soon after our wedding, so it was great to be able to go online and view the photos and relive the moments! Daniel did a wonderful job designing our album and was responsive to our ideas and changes that we wanted made, making the process pretty easy!

• Wedding: 10/06/2012
Kelly
  • Flexibility: 5.0

In 2006 my daughter and I attended the Wedding Show to help us with the planning of her upcoming June 2007 wedding. We especially were looking for a photographer to capture their special day. We were getting overwhelmed with all the different styles and vendors until we came upon Dave Mark's booth. it was decided then and there we wanted Dave to be our photographer.

Dave made the day so special and the photographs were just unbelievable. He captured every single moment and our guests didn't even know he was there.

So, in 2012 our youngest daughter was planning her wedding. Needless to say, the first person that we hired was Dave Marks. There wasn't a doubt in our minds who we wanted to photograph Erin and Mike's wedding day. Dave and Daniel have a special knack for making everyone relaxed, laugh and just be natural during a time when it can be so stressful.

Words cannot express our gratitude to Dave and Daniel for making those special days last forever through the incredible photographs that they captured.

Kathy Carmichael

• Wedding: 09/22/2012
Kathy
  • Flexibility: 5.0

When my husband and I were planning our wedding and deciding on a photographer, we chose to initially research photographers closer to our venue site, House Mountain Inn in Lexington, Virginia. After checking out the local photographers of Lexington, we came home less than impressed. The local photographers did good work, but we wanted great! My sister had used Dave and Daniel Marks for her wedding in 2007, so I knew the type of work they produced. After meeting with him, we were so pleased with everything and beyond excited that he agreed (and was available) to photograph our wedding. There were three photographers the day of the wedding (this included both Dave and Daniel). They were professional, easy going, and were up for any ideas that we wanted to try. They were creative in capturing all the right moments and even got some great shots with my rings in a mounted bears mouth! They used the setting and played off of the rustic environment to get some great shots. Once we returned home, our proofs were given to us and we could not have been more pleased! When Daniel sent me the proof of our wedding album, he asked if I wanted to change any pictures. I was so amazed at how he chose all the photos that we wanted. It was like he was reading our minds! We didn’t change a thing; it was perfect. They captured the moments and feelings in each photograph, and that is pure talent. Sure, there is nothing like stepping into your wedding dress the day you marry your best friend. But being able to look at a picture months/years later, remember that moment and have the feelings rush back, is priceless. Photographs are forever; I will most likely never wear my wedding dress again. Dmfoto may not be the cheapest in town, but to me, they are the most talented, creative, professional, and pleasant team to work with. You get what you pay for. We are happy we chose them for our wedding and without a doubt will use them in the future. Highly recommended from me!

• Wedding: 09/22/2012
Erin
0.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.0
  • Responsiveness: 0.0
  • Professionalism: 0.0
  • Value: 0.0
  • Flexibility: 0.0

We would strongly recommend NOT using Dave Mark with dmfoto. I tried to resolve our dispute short of resorting to legal avenues; however, he was not willing to do so. He broke his contractual obligations. He got upset with us because we hired a DJ and part of the package was a "paparazzi" package which he and I discussed before hand and he agreed to; otherwise, I would not have purchased. He got so mad that they were taking Good photos that he yelled at me in front of the entire wedding parting as we were getting ready to walk out to be introduced. I was completely shocked (the bride started crying) and I reminded him he agreed. He said "yes, but I didn't know it was going to be like that!" Which I believe he meant he was afraid he was going to lose money because people might purchase other pictures which weren't even for sale! The purpose of the paparazzi was for fun and for gratification of the guests. He from then on acted like a diva and did not take photos, but his young assistant did. It was completely apparent who took the pictures. He didn't even take still photos of the bride and family or groom and family...so very sad. We ending up having the dress cleaned, re-renting tuxes, repurchasing flowers, having hair done again, had family travel from other states and hired another photographer to re-create those memories. His behavior was completely apparent to our other vendors, to the venue and to our guests. He stood in front of our guests when they were trying to take pictures and there is a lot of proof. There are even several pictures and video of him just standing there or sitting on the fireplace. After all of this pain and suffering he caused he is holding our daughter's album captive until we pay our final payment after we already paid him thousands. Our lawyer recommended us not since he broke his contractual obligations. We are now looking forward to the future and our new granddaughter's arrival! Happier memories to come!

dmfoto responded with the following comments:

I can't let this review from Anonymous go unchallenged. As you can see by my other reviews, dmfoto has a great reputation. She did not try to resolve any dispute, she just does not want to pay for what she purchased. I have not broke any contractual obligations. Everything thing offered in her package has been done and we are ready to deliver the wedding album. When she pays for it and the 20x30 gallery wrap portrait of her daughter.

I did agree to allow the dj to do "paparazzi" photography. What does that mean? Well most dj's want to take some photos and they do so during the reception...of the party. The DJ does not photography the location setup, the wedding ceremony and all the key moments during a reception. I realize what they were doing and ask her to have them stop. She said no I paid them to do that. I'm sorry what did she pay me for? I may have told her the DJ could do some "paparazzi" style photography. But my contract, that she initialed also say I'm in charge of all photography during the event. This allows me to get the best photography by not have to compete for position with guest and DJ's. So she broke the contract. I never said they were taking good photos. They were infringing on my ability to do my job. I was not afraid I was going to lose money, I had a contract and we sell 99% of what we sell before the wedding ever takes place. By the way the DJ's photographer was dress like we do for weddings and did have a professional camera, how are the guest to know who they are being photographed by.

I shot photographs for the entire event, did I take photographs every minute for the entire 8 hours we provided...no. She bad mouths my associate photographer, that she requested to shoot her daughters wedding. By the way that associate has over 6 years experience and has photographed over 100 weddings. During the reception why have both of us shooting people dancing at the same time. How many dance photographs do you need? Guest are taking photos the dj is taking photos. The videography and I were sitting at times, talking.

I photographed every key event of the day. She does not mention that my mini-van was used the transfer the bridal party to the ceremony/reception site. She does not mention they remained in my car waiting the start of the ceremony, that is started raining and I provided umbrella's for the bride and father. I wanted to wait for the rain to pass, but the DJ want to start and moved the ceremony inside. Into very cramped quarters. I had to ask guest to get out of the aisle so I could photograph the wedding party.

She does not mention that we tried to go outside and do group photographs and it started raining again. When we came in the DJ starting lining everyone up for the reception. I guess he was in charge at that point. So I just photographed what happen from then on.

Just to show her view of things, she said "I stood in front of guest when they tried to take pictures" It is more important to her that I stay out of the guest way and not do my job.

We started our photography service at 2pm 3 hours before the ceremony. Worked to after 10pm when the bride and groom departed. That covers our time commitment of the contract. Our contract does not mention any photograph that is promised, we shoot what we can and do the best we can in the situation. The contract include a proof catalog that was delivered, 3 slide shows set to music that was delivered, the proofs posted online that was provided. We provided custom business card with bridal and engagement photographs on them. These have information for the guest.

This was a repeat customer, we photographed both daughters senior photographs and and a family portrait for this family. For that reason we gave her a $900 discount on the wedding package. We gave them a free engagement session and free custom designed save the date cards. We gave them a free bridal portrait session. She order a 20x24 canvas gallery wrap portrait that I upgraded for free to 20x30. I gave her a discount on the portrait and she has not paid for the portrait.

The package include a custom designed 30 page 12x9 wedding album. It has been designed and the bride has approved the design. We don't order the album till we get the final payment on the wedding package. She owes, $750 on her package and $500 for the portrait. We are not going to do anything else till we get paid.

Anyone want to see the custom designed album, contact me and I'll send a link to view it online.

If we broke any part of our contract have your lawyer contact us. If he looks at the contract. I'm sure he'll tell them his service will cost a lot more that what you owe.

This is way we have a contract. Always read the contact. Anonymous is trying to get more discounts.

Don't let one bitter Mom that got rain on her daughters wedding day make you think we are not great photographers and deliver great service and products. Read the other review. Goes to show you can't please all the people all the time.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Daniel was awesome to work with and very flexible.

• Wedding: 09/01/2012
Demetrias
  • Flexibility: 5.0

DMFOTO was very flexibile with making arrangements for our engagement, bridal and wedding portraits. Daniel and his father were very responsive when Demetrias and I had questions, plus they gave us GREAT deals on all 3 portrait sessions! Our Family and Guest loved all our pictures and the business cards were a big HIT at the reception!!! THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH DANIEL for capturing our special moments and working with Demetrias and I for the last 2 years. We definitely have been recommending your services to our colleagues and are looking forward to contacting you for family portraits in the near future :)

• Wedding: 09/01/2012
1.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 2.5
  • Responsiveness: 2.0
  • Professionalism: 1.0
  • Value: 2.0
  • Flexibility: 2.0

Daniel Marks was our photographer. He likes to rant on Facebook about how stupid it is that people think they're as good as a professional photog. Well, I'm not sure the extra thousands of dollars were worth the "professionalism" of DMfoto it in the end.
1)Any ideas we had discussed with Daniel about our wedding day photos never happened. He never wrote anything down in any of our meetings, and it was very apparent on our wedding day. None of the extra shots in different locations happened. My parents said they asked the photographers several times to come take certain pictures during the reception, and it was like pulling teeth to get them to oblige (something that had also been brought up in our prior meetings with Daniel).
2) our final pictures were overall disappointing. Part of the reason we chose dmfoto was because they had shot our exact wedding locations before. They should know the best spots to get the best shots. You wouldn't know they had ever set foot in our church before. The number of blurry, off-center, terribly overexposed pictures we have from our church are upsetting. I would say of the 700 total pictures we got, I am impressed with about 20. Everything else is either just so-so, or just disappointing & unusable.
3) I was anticipating a little "sneak peek" of pictures on Daniel's DMfoto Facebook page. What I found instead was a long rant and a bad picture of our "kiss" moment where one of our guests had used a flash to take their own picture. It seemed Daniel was of the mind that I should have told our guests beforehand to not use flash in the church. The rant was totally uncalled for and unprofessional. Daniel eventually retracted the post and apologized, but the damage was done. All excitement about our wedding pictures had instantly been dampened.
You should be excited by your wedding photos. The pictures and the locations and the artistic concepts should, in my opinion, blow you away. Unfortunately, that's not what we got.

• Wedding: 08/18/2012
Maureen
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Daniel with DMfoto was one of the best vendors I worked with throughout my entire wedding process. He was always courteous, professional, and knowledgeable. He was always there to answer any questions and provide value feedback. And that's just about his customer service! The quality of my photos are unbelievable; absolutely amazing. To all the brides out there, please remember that photos are the only thing you get to take away from the special day, be sure to choose a professional with the best quality around. I promise you DMfoto is who you are looking for!

• Wedding: 08/04/2012
4.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Value: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Working with Dave and Macee was great. Great job capturing every detail of my wedding day. Highly recommended.

• Wedding: 07/14/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We are so happy that we chose Daniel Marks at dmfoto to photograph our wedding! Daniel was very easy to work with and went above and beyond to capture the little details that were important to us on our big day. I was especially impressed by how he was able to brighten the pictures of our extremely dim lit chapel where the ceremony was. Also, I was exceedingly pleased that Daniel was able to get the outdoor pictures I wanted of our wedding party on the first take as it was over 110 degrees that day. Words cannot begin to describe how gorgeous the pictures turned out! He even walked me though how to cut the cake at the reception. I am so thankful he was there for little details like that which I didn't even think about before hand! I would absolutely recommend Daniel Marks and dmfoto to anyone who is looking for a truly exceptional photographer for their special day.

• Wedding: 07/07/2012
Monica
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were so pleased with Daniel and his crew. They were responsive, flexible, and easy to work with. We just got our album and everyone who's seen it is raving about it's quality. They love to cooperate and are open to your shot requests. Definitely recommended!

• Wedding: 06/23/2012
Ashley
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I had a very pleasant experience working with DMFoto. The team of photographers went above and beyond to ensure that our wedding day was special and that all of the memories from our wedding were captured. I would highly recommend this company to a friend. Planning a wedding can be quite a stressful experience. Knowing that I could depend on the photographer (probably THE most important vendor) certainly helped put my mind at ease.

• Wedding: 06/16/2012
Elisa
804-858-3659
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards