Dallas Wedding Violinist, Dean Raskin

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
4.7

Music was beautiful, but he got lost coming to the venue and showed up a little later than expected.

Services Used: Ceremony Music

Perfectly professional and beautifully skilled. I contacted Dean late in the game as my wedding singer got called off to do a tour in London. Dean was professional and had a repertoire of wonderful songs to choose from. Because of the weather, there were last minute changes of venue and program which he accommodated with great aplomb! Many guests have already inquired about how to contact him for future events.

Services Used: Ceremony Music

To brides,family,and friends:My husband wanted to give our daughter a surprise present for her wedding ceremony and the violin music was the perfect idea. Dean's violin performance was touching.He was a great help at the time to select the songs for the different sections of the wedding ceremony.I was so happy that he can play the violin on a Sunday morning especially on Fathers Day ! Our daughter,her husband,family and friends love it ! The violin music was a great idea and I was happy to find Dean. Thanks again for all your help.
Nydia

Services Used: Ceremony Music

I corresponded with Dean completely by email before our wedding and he was professional, helpful, and very accommodating. His website is great and you can pick out exactly what you would like him to play. He was on time and played beautiful music while our guests were arriving. I walked down the aisle to Canon and D and it was breathtaking! There is something about a solo violin that is just so classic and beautiful. My only regret is that I did not get a chance to meet him, shake his hand, and thank him personally for his performance!

Services Used: Ceremony Music

Dean did a great job. He was very professional and played beautifully at the wedding. I have no idea what kind of event I could use him for in the future, but if something ever pops up, I would definitely hire him again.

Services Used: Ceremony Music

I didn't actually hear any of the music cause I was so nervous that walking down the aisle was such a blur I dont remember hearing it but my husband said that he was great!

Services Used: Ceremony Music

Dean was great all around. He's a very nice gentleman and easy to work with. There was occasionally a delay or lack of email response initially. Once the wedding got closer, things were more smooth. Other than that, he was prompt, came in and out without a stir, and was dressed appropriately. He is very skilled in his craft, and brought the emotion and feel we wanted for our ceremony. He was definitely one of our jackpots in our vendor searches for our wedding!

Profile Picture
Allison W.
07/14/2012

We loved having Dean play at our wedding. We wanted something different than the usual organ or piano playing at our wedding, and the violin was perfect. Dean played for 30 minutes prior to the ceremony and for the specific parts we requested during the ceremony. He has samples of all of the songs he plays on his web site so it was easy to pick out the music we wanted. Even though we didn't get to sit and listen to the beautiful music before the ceremony, several guests commented on how much they enjoyed it. Dean was very professional and a pleasure to work with. I would definitely recommend him to anyone who wants a violinist for a wedding or any other event.

Services Used: Ceremony Music

He was great! I called him, went on his website, which happens to be great and very helpful. I emailed him what songs I wanted, the time, place, and address on my venue. He was there on time, my wedding was a bit unorginazed, but he made it all work. Everyone loved the touch of violin, it really set the romance mood.

Services Used: Ceremony Music

Dean did a great job. He was set up and ready to play on time and his music was lovely.

Services Used: Ceremony Music

So talented! He played at our wedding and cocktail hour. He put together a Katy Perry's Firework for us on Violin. My only regret (for my entire wedding) was that I didn't wait 30 more seconds to walk down the aisle so that our guests could have heard more of the song. Dean is so easy to work with, and was my most responsive vendor. When getting song suggestions he was honest about what would sound nice. He wants only the best for the music.