Brian C Idocks Photographics, LLC

Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
I cannot say enough about Brian and Derica. Not only are they AMAZING at what they do but they are Genuinely great people! From the moment Johan and I met them, they made us feel very comfortable and were very informative. We did an engagement session that came with our package and the pictures were amazing. Brian and Derica were easy to talk to and were responsive throughout the process. Brian was the jokster and Derica was the calm angel. They managed to get a smiling photo of my now husband and that is very hard to do! For the wedding they were so professional and on point that I had so much trust that my pictures were going to be magnificent. When I received them, they were exactly what I was hoping for! My friends are jealous because my pictures are GORGEOUS. They captured moments with my two dogs that made me so happy and so grateful. I appreciate their professionalism and their willingness to get the job done even though we were running behind they still managed to get beautiful shots. Thank you Brian and Derica! I will always look at my photos and remember moment by moment that day and you guys made it possible. I would recommend you guys in a heart beat! I cannot wait to share more memories with you guys in the future!
Wedding: 06/21/2014

Danielle 3 Reviews
Brian and Derica were awesome to work with and they are amazing photographers. They really capture every moment of the day and looking back through the photos allows me to re-live the day all over again :) I highly recommend getting all day coverage (8 hours).
Wedding: 06/14/2014

2014... 8 Reviews
Brian and Derica were amazing to work with. They were very responsive throughout the planning process and went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable with them despite not being able to meet before the wedding.

I'm not a fan of overly posed pictures and like a variety that captures the entire event. He and Derica provided just that. The pictures they captured are stunning and a lot of the poses were a ton of fun. Derica is incredible with the kids, making sure they were always engaged in the photos and looking in the right direction. All of our guests commented on how much fun they were to work with and how great of a job they did at capturing the best pictures, but never being in the way.
Wedding: 06/01/2014
1.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  1.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.5
  • Professionalism:  0.0
  • Value:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0

Private User 2 Reviews
Out of all my wedding vendors, this is the only vendor I have anything negative to say about. When we booked him, about 7 months before our wedding, we did not know our wedding day timeline, so we didn't know which package to book. He told us to book the smaller package and we could upgrade later, when we knew the timeline. A few weeks before our wedding, when I requested the larger package, he sent a new contract with pricing that was several hundred dollars more than when we booked our wedding. When I contacted him about it, he said that they had increased their prices and could not offer the same price for the larger package as it was when we booked. At the time of booking, he did not mention that the prices would no longer be valid if we changed our needs. Because we were so close to the wedding and we needed a photographer for a longer timeframe, we ended up agreeing to paying a higher price for the package, but agreed to get less photos in the non-upgraded photo book. On the wedding day, I requested that they come to both my room and my husbands room for "getting ready" pictures. They took a few in my room, but told me that they had contacted my husband and he said he was not ready for pictures and that they would take photos of me instead. This was not the case. My husband was ready and waiting for the photographer to arrive. Luckily, my videographer, did not follow his lead, and went to my husbands room and got some footage. While he was telling my family what to do and where to go he was extremely impolite and snobbish. My father asked him several times for photos of family, to which he replied with "when I get a chance" that he never took. Several photo opportunities were missed - ex: I have no photos of myself, my husband, and both sets of parents - which I specifically requested. His attitude and level of professionalism appalled us. I hope my experience is not the norm as I would not want anyone else to have to deal with this on their wedding day.
Brian C Idocks Photographics, LLC responded with the following comments:
This review came as quite a shock. Once I figured out who the couple was, I contacted them to try and come to a solution. They refused. Up until this review, there was nothing in our communication that would lead me to believe they would be this unhappy. Had they said anything, I would have done whatever I could to solve the issues. The wedding was in March of 2014, and we had been in contact many times since then in creating her Wedding Book.

Wedding Wire limits the length of my response, so I will try to be brief.

Their package was $150 more, not hundreds, this was due to an upgrade in our albums. I compromised with her for $90 more and she did receive the same number of images, just in the books we offered when she hired us. After finding this to be their major complaint, I refunded the $90 to try to help the issue, yet, they still posted the review.

Even with purchasing more time, there was not enough time allowed for the getting ready photos, and I told the bride this prior to the wedding day. We usually have an hour or two, that day we were given a half hour because the bride wanted us to stay for the sendoff also.

The groom, during a phone conversation did tell me he was not ready. The bride was running late and of course, we have a schedule. The groom agreed to not do those photos.

Her father asked for an extended family photo during dinner. I said we could when everyone was done. We did several, and the bride uses them on her Facebook Page.

As for being unprofessional and snobbish or rude. That's subjective, and I hope the rest of our reviews show what others thought of my professionalism and attitude.

Of the thousands of weddings I have done, this is the only one resulting in a negative review.
Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility:  5.0
One word AMAZING!!!! That is the best word to describe Brian and Derica. My husband and I read reviews and reviewed the work of Brian C Idocks Photographics, LLC and were impressed by what we read and saw. Photography was a major aspect of our wedding and we are so glad we hired Brian & Derica! They were easy and fun to work with as well as professional!! Brian was prompt with responding to e-mails and arriving on the day of the wedding. The turn around time for receiving all the wedding photos was impeccable!!!! In less than a week after our wedding our photos were ready for viewing and to be shared!! That is unheard of :-) We HIGHLY recommend Brian C Idocks Photographics, LLC to capture your special memories!!!
Wedding: 02/01/2014

jessica 6 Reviews
Brian and Derica are AWESOME! When we met with them we felt right at ease with selecting them as our photographers for our wedding! Their personalities are great and they made it fun for not only us but for our guests when shooting our wedding. Their talent is great and our photos are beautiful! Awesome photographers!!!!!
Wedding: 01/19/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I highly recommend Brian and Derica! They are amazing! They made us feel special and beautiful. Their photography is high quality at a great price. Anyone who is looking for a photographer, look no further! Brian C Idocks is the guy for you.
Wedding: 10/12/2013

Mollie 3 Reviews
Brian and Dericka provide an amazing experience with BEAUTIFUL photos!!! You can not get a better deal for your money. I want to think of any excuse to use them again :) I have been recommending them to everyone I know. Stunning photos and they are so fun!
Wedding: 09/07/2013

Nichola 5 Reviews
Brian and Derica did an amazing job at my wedding in Hilton Clearwater Beach, Florida on 22nd August 2013. I live in Ireland so choosing a photographer wasn't easy and to me this is one of the most important vendors for a wedding as you have your wedding photographs forever. Ronan and I met with Brian and Derica for our engagement session one week prior to the wedding and instantly they made us feel at ease. We have some really good memories from our engagement session and we left the session feeling like they were not just our photographers but our friends. I was then so much more relaxed approaching the wedding day as I knew what to expect and Ronan didn't feel as awkward. My family and my wedding party all loved Brian and Derics, they made us laugh so much and made the photographs such a fun experience. I cannot thank Brian and Derica enough doing such an excellent job!
Wedding: 08/22/2013

Stefani 5 Reviews
We can not say enough about Brian and Derica! When we first met them we instantly felt comfortable and relaxed.

The photographer was one of our biggest concerns when we were planning our wedding based on prior stories and experiences. A photographer can sometimes make or break a wedding. We know we made the right choice with Brian and Derica.

When it came to engagement photos, neither one of us really wanted them, but Brian and Derica encouraged us to do so. We are so glad we did. It gave us a chance to get to know their personalities and their style. This really relieved our stress and made the wedding day go more smoothly. We also have fantastic photos that we will be able to look back on.

On our wedding day they kept us on schedule, were respectful to our family and friends, never interfered or distracted from our day, and truly made it a fun experience for everyone.

We highly recommend Brian and Derica to anyone looking for a great photographer. They are true professionals. They responded quickly to any of our questions, they went above and beyond in helping on our wedding day, and they truly captured our story through their photographs.
Wedding: 06/15/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
One Word... AMAZING!!! Fun to work with. Brian and Derrica captured the perfect moments. The completely understood Chris and I as a couple and what we were looking for in our pictures. We wanted Urban and Chic... we got Urban, fun, chic, love, light, angles, rock star! The use of lighting, angles, and editing completely brought our love story to life! The value is amazing... worth every penny!!! Hello new family photographer!!!!!
Wedding: 05/25/2013

Anonymous 9 Reviews
We chose Brian and Derica as our photographers; this was the best choice we made for our wedding decisions. Photography was a very important factor in our wedding needs/wants. We looked through 100 different photographers in the area and this photographer was the only one who gave us the "WOW" feeling!! The both of them together make an AMAZING team!! They are both laid back and genuine that you can't help but feel like they are a part of your family. We were extremely happy with our engagement photos but then blown away with our wedding pictures!! I hope that every bride chooses this dynamic duo for their wedding pictures!
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Once my husband and I got engaged and chose a date for the wedding,the very first thing I set out to do was to find a wedding photographer.I looked online at reviews and any information I could find about local artists,and the thing that jumped out at me about Brian and Derica was that every review I read was good.EVERY. SINGLE. REVIEW. And there were LOTS of reviews.I mean,these guys are busier than a mosquito at a nudist colony.So I sent them an email with our information;I was blown away by their quick response.I know that they stay busy,but their response to my inquiry was prompt, informative, and friendly. We decided to meet up near our house, and we all hit it off immediately. It took us about five minutes, or as long as it took for us to walk home, to decide that we were going to hire them.
Between that initial meeting and our engagement session, we kept in touch. Brian endured my asinine questions that ranged from wedding day schedule to what to wear to the engagement photo session.
Engagement session day arrived, and we met up with Brian and Derica at The Ritz in Ybor City, FL, our chosen location. My prime concern was that the photos we took were all going to look “staged”, but the shoot ran really smoothly. The areas we shot in were really cool, and the results were even better than I could have hoped for.
Wedding day arrived, as did our fabulous photographers. I dub them the Unsung Heroes of the wedding day. Brian and Derica assisted in everything from attaching boutonnieres to bustling my dress to making sure the cake was brought out…I mean they really went above and beyond.They just helped the whole thing go smoothly, made sure we knew what to expect,and put up with our…eccentric bridal party.
Don’t get me wrong,I can go on and on about the fantastic photos;their work speaks for itself.I’d like to say what the photos can’t,and that is that Brian and Derica Idocks are beautiful people who do beautiful work,and we can’t possibly thank them enough.
Wedding: 05/04/2013

Nicole 5 Reviews
Our pictures look amazing. Brian and his wife Derica were amazing. They were very professional and very accommodating. It was worth very penny!
Wedding: 05/03/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Brian and Derica were the best part of my wedding (other than the getting married part!). I searched for months for a photographer whose style appealed to me and that I could afford. After countless hours of looking at disappointing portfolios, and receiving shocking quotes from other photographers, I finally came across Brian's information and was really stunned by his work. After meeting with them for the first time, I knew they were the ones :-) Not only were they extremely nice and willing to listen, they were also confident that they could provide me with my dream wedding pictures. Brian and Derica were amazing on my wedding day and everything went really smoothly, even helping us with non-photography tasks throughout the day. Now just a few days later, I've already received a 'sneak peak' of my photos and I'm beyond happy with them. Everyone told me that the photographer is the most important vendor on your day, and now I believe them and am so happy Brian and Derica allowed us the opportunity to work with them :-) You will not find this high-quality of serivice and for half the price of the others anywhere!
Wedding: 04/20/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Brian is amazing. He and his wife Derica made us feel so comfortable, and the finished reslut is awesome!! Brian and Derica did our engagement session as well as our wedding, and everyone was blown away by the results. They are true professionals and artists! A dream to work with. I would recommend to anyone, and we will be using them for years to come!
Wedding: 02/01/2013