Brewer Photography & Videography

Brewer Photography & Videography

912 Bradshaw Terrace
Orlando, FL 32806
The owner has indicated they are no longer in business.

Quality of Service:
Flexibility:
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Julie Brewer did an amazing job on our engagement and wedding photos. She definitely has an eye for what brings out the best features in pictures. Our engagement session was held at lake eola in orlando which was our first time meeting her. We instantly felt comfortable with her and spent over an hour walking around the lake to find perfect spots to capture our engagement and love for each other. The pictures turned out amazing.

Julie also photographed our wedding and I was completely amazed by these photos as well. Julie stayed out of the way and made sure to capture our special moments - mom helping me get ready, sister/maid of honor helping me with the garter, etc. She was very organized and would arranged people to make sure she got the best photos. She captured so many special moments beyond the must haves and I am truly grateful to have had her at our wedding. We also got a 2nd photographer (thank you Julie for that last minute request) to capture photos of all the decorations at the reception before we arrived.

The reception pictures were amazing as well. She was able to capture just about every guest who attended, all of the speeches, cutting of the cake, and tossing the garter and bouquet. We took sunset photos and they turned out absolutely amazing as well!

I recommend Julie to every bride due to her professionalism, eye for the perfect shot, and quality of work!

• Wedding: 04/26/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Julie Brewer is an amazing photographer. She and another photographer decided to work together and capture our wedding when ours cancelled on us less than two weeks before. I just can't say enough about the pictures. They're just beautiful. She has a great skill in capturing all the emotions throughout such an amazing day. Her portrait shots are some of the best I've seen. We were so grateful to have the opportunity to work with her. I was more than 100 percent satisfied. Julie is one of the best!

• Wedding: 12/15/2012
0.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.5
  • Responsiveness: 0.5
  • Professionalism: 0.5
  • Value: 0.5
  • Flexibility: 0.5

$7,000 down the drain! We are extremely disappointed with Julie Brewer as a photographer and a professional.

The day of the wedding went well; however, afterwards, she missed all of her promised delivery dates. We had to constantly follow up with her regarding the status of our pictures and our album. She was late in getting our pictures to us and late in putting together a first cut of the album for us to review. The quality of our pictures is not what I’d expect from a professional photographer. I’m likely being presumptuous in assuming that she spent any time editing them.

Our album was shoddily put together. The lack of time and effort invested by Julie was very clearly reflected in its poor quality. We had to follow up with her to remind her to properly crop certain pictures (ie, don’t cut someone’s head off), include pictures that we’d requested be included; fit the album to the size that we’d requested, etc. In short, when I see the wedding pictures of our friends, I wish we’d used their photographer instead of Julie.

Currently, we have no wedding video and are filing a claim against BPV. After 17 months, we continue to follow up and continue to get the run around or no response at all. Julie’s response is that she doesn’t shoot or edit the video, so we need to deal directly with her husband, Kevin. Never mind that we contracted with her. We’ve become so exasperated, that we’ve told them that if they just provide the raw footage to us, then we’ll drop our claim and move on; however, they haven’t even bothered to do this. Of course, there has been no offer of a refund.

In summary, I would NOT recommend hiring Julie or Kevin Brewer. Short of calling them thieves, at the least, both are unreliable, unprofessional and dishonest. Also, to future brides, even if their reviews are positive, when hiring any photographer or videographer, I recommend holding back a portion of your payment until everything is received.

• Wedding: 04/21/2012
0.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.0
  • Responsiveness: 0.0
  • Professionalism: 0.0
  • Value: 0.0
  • Flexibility: 0.0

I would just like to warn all future brides to BEWARE. Brewer Photo & Video were hired for my daughter's wedding over a year ago and we never, ever received the video. Every time we call there are excuses for the delay and now nobody responds after paying $2500 up front. No video, no refund. Nothing! My daughter has no video memories of her special day.

• Wedding: 10/01/2011
Services Used: Videography
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Brewer Photography is amazing! Julie and her staff were wonderful. From our first meeting, to the wedding, to posting our wedding gallery, my experience has been nothing but positive. They have great time management, and most important they have an outstanding artistic eye creating beautiful pictures! It is pricier having 2 photographers but totally worth it, they were able to capture pictures from different angles throughout the night as well as getting photo's of our guest enjoying themselves. I couldn't be happier with our decision with Brewer Photography!

• Wedding: 04/30/2011
1.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 1.0
  • Responsiveness: 2.0
  • Professionalism: 2.0
  • Value: 1.0
  • Flexibility: 2.0

In summary, I really like Julie as a person and think she's talented, but I was EXTREMELY disappointed with the end result of my wedding and engagement session photos. It's taken me over a year to write this review and I can still cry thinking about the pictures and memories that were (and mostly weren't) captured. I'm still very upset, but let me start from the beginning to provide most of the important factors and explanations I feel should be given.

Julie Brewer was recommended to me by another photographer who was not available my wedding date. I had already canceled another photographer I put a deposit down for because I realized I didn't like their style of photography and a few other things (no updated website, blog, etc.). I was SO happy Julie was available my wedding date, she had an updated website and blog, and I loved her outgoing personality. She seemed flexible and knew what I wanted and the style I liked (especially after telling her why I canceled with the other photographer).

Of course, the engagement photo session was first. I picked a couple places that I thought would be good since she wasn't familiar with Tampa. I have to admit that we were late, so I do/did apologize and felt really bad about it. Even so, Julie spent a lot of time with us and traveled to two different locations. We were really appreciative and everything seemed to go smoothly.

When I saw the pictures, I wasn't really wow-ed. They were of good quality, but I didn't think there was much creativity, and I also was disappointed there were only a few pictures of us actually smiling at the camera - and they were taken in the same setting, so no variety. After seeing these, I was a bit hesitant with the way the wedding pictures would be, but I figured our venue had so many different areas to take pictures that the variety would be there. I never said anything to Julie about my disappointment with the engagement session.

Then, on to the wedding. Let me first say that throughout the whole day, Julie and her assistants (there were 2 of them - I think a main assistant and a 2nd shooter) seemed great. They didn't get in the way, we barely noticed them, and if we did, they seemed to be doing a great job. They were all very nice too. We got married at the Hyatt on Clearwater Beach on the 16th floor terrace, overlooking the bay on one side and the ocean on the other. It was beautiful, and the terrace was one of the main reasons we chose the venue - beach and bay views with a private ceremony and not on the public beach. The cocktail hour was on the 8th floor with an oceanfront view and the reception was on the 2nd floor in a ballroom - so no travel involved.

I thought I told Julie I liked variety, and that she knew I wanted pictures taken of everything possible at our wedding. But, I didn't receive pictures of everything, and I do regret not going over it with her beforehand. And when I say everything, I mainly mean the personalized things we did/had at our wedding. For example, little things like our place cards, that had a different stickers of our favorite sports teams next to our guests' names that indicated what meal they were to be served were not captured. I actually did see one of Julie's assistants (2nd shooter?) take a picture of the place card table but I never received any pictures of them - and I even asked and told Julie about it afterwards and she just told me no, she looked through and she didn't have any of them.

Since the ceremony was outside on the terrace, we had black sunglasses with all different color "temples" or "ear pieces" (the part that extends over your ears) that had our names printed on the side. One pair of sunglasses were placed on each white folding chair for guests at the ceremony. There were no pictures of them that showed our names.

My mother-in-law loves M&M's and ordered personalized ones for us (i.e. different colors of M&M's with our wedding date, champagne flutes, and our names) that were out at the cocktail hour and then placed in bags for the wedding party on our tables in the reception ballroom since we didn't think the wedding party would make it to the cocktail hour (with being busy with pictures). Pictures of the bags of M&M's were taken, but none close up that showed they were personalized.

The other problem I had (not at the time, but looking back) were (hardly any) pictures of my wedding party. After the ceremony, as we were taking family and wedding party pictures on the terrace, Julie asked if I was ready to go down to the beach to take more pictures. I told her yes and implied with the wedding party. She politely said there isn't much time for us to take pictures of the wedding party at the beach, and if they were to come, we wouldn't get many pictures of my husband and I. At the time, I wasn't upset and just went on to the beach with my husband. And now of course looking back, and looking at the pictures, there are hardly any pictures of us and the whole wedding party. There are a few good ones of myself and my bridesmaids, and my husband and his groomsmen. This made me very upset because my whole wedding party actually all went to high school and know each other very well. My friends even mentioned afterwards that they heard Julie say that to me, and were upset for me, that she didn't listen to what I wanted.

There is also only ONE (yes, ONE) picture taken of my husband and I after "may I now pronounce Mr. & Mrs" as we walked back down the aisle and exited the ceremony. It's a GREAT picture of us, both smiling and exciting, but my husband's head is cut off. I asked Julie if she had any others or could somehow edit my husband's head or picture and she said no, they don't do editing like that.

To make things even more disappointing, all of our family and wedding party terrace pictures did not capture ANY water. I also asked Julie at the time if we could stand in a certain area (with the water in the background) to take the pictures, and Julie said the lighting wasn't good at that time. So, we all stood and took pictures in a shady area with the building of the hotel behind us. To anyone that didn't attend the wedding (which was a lot), it looks like we got married in or outside of a pink building. This did not capture the beauty and main reason we chose the venue. I understand if the lighting wasn't good at the time, but couldn't we have come back when it was? Or couldn't she have said something beforehand once she saw the terrace with the water views? Again, at the time, I wasn't that upset, but when I received the pictures, I realized the pictures didn't capture what we wanted it to - the actual scenery.

I should also note that the family and wedding party pictures were VERY traditional - mostly standing beside each other smiling, no sitting, no variety, and also very fake. At one point Julie told my bridesmaids and I to just laugh or make each other laugh. It's hard to really laugh when you're not really laughing at something.

Once my husband and I got down to the beach (just across the street from the hotel), Julie had me sort of twist my train and lay it over one of my arms elegantly. It looked pretty and elegant, and I also think she told me to do it so my dress didn't drag as much in the sand. However, there are none or hardly any pictures of me and my whole dress without holding the train! Some pictures of it were nice, but it also made me and my dress look bulkier and kind of weird (who takes pictures and holds part of the dress on their arm all the time?) and especially in romantic pictures on the beach with their husband??

As for the reception, the pictures were okay, but again, no variety. We had an ice cream station (mainly for the kids) and no pictures were taken of that. Most of the pictures were at the dance floor (and the same people dancing at every song). One other thing I didn't like - most all of the pictures seemed very bright, with a bright light in the background. Our reception was at 8:00pm (?) and inside, where the dance floor was dark with some strobe/party lights. I didn't like how it seemed like it was in the middle of the day with a big light in the corner of a lot of the pictures that was never apparent in the actual ballroom.

I think these are all my main points I'd like to make. I feel like I could go on and on, and I'll probably think of something later that I forgot to mention, but these are the main reasons why I'm still disappointed and upset. After I saw the photos, I asked Julie if she had any pictures of the place card table, or the personalized M&Ms, or sunglasses, or any other pictures of the wedding party or family, or water, or with my husband's head in, etc. and she said no. I thought she would get the hint we were disappointed, but she just apologized each time ("sorry, but no") and that was it. We also had an album in our package that we paid for and still haven't even inquired about it because I can't bare to remember what was not taken or captured at my wedding. Let me also reiterate that it's not like the pictures I did receive were horrible. They turned out fine, they seemed to be good quality, but they were not what I was expecting and/or wanting.

The best advice I can give to those of you planning your wedding and looking at which photographer you want - research, research, and research. When looking at a photographer's work and/or website, really try to imagine yourself in the pictures and see if you like the majority of pictures - including the style and variety. I know it's REALLY hard, but try NOT to think of money or budget, unless photos or style and trying to capture your whole wedding is not your priority. Looking at Julie's website now, I can see a lot of the same shots and they seem very traditional or posed. If you like that and/or don't have a lot of personalized things at your wedding, you'd probably love pictures from Julie and not have a complaint at all. Of course, all of this is easier for me to notice and say now, but I do wish I had realized it before I booked Julie, or at least read a review about it. I think I was too caught up in her actually being available, the price, and wanting an album. That's another thing - I didn't go with a photographer I really liked in the very beginning because she seemed very pricey. I was so adamant about having an album in my package that I had to scale back my budget and go with someone else, and if I had to do it all over again, I'd pay more for the pictures and the style I liked and worry about an album later. Look at me, I have an album credit just waiting for me, and it's money wasted until I actually have it done. I'd much rather have great pictures of everything I wanted captured waiting on a CD or DVD for an album I can afford a year later.

I hope this helps and good luck!!!

• Wedding: 03/26/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Photography was very important to us and we wanted someone to not only capture our special day but to add an artistic touch to the photographs. When I found Brewer Photography I knew they offered exactly what we were looking for. Julie was very easy to communicate with and always responded immediately to any questions I had. She even went out of her way to arrange an engagement session at the last minute.

Our pictures are absolutely fantastic and we cannot thank Julie enough for all her hard work. She and Kevin were a joy to work with and I appreciated how “behind the scenes” they were – never interfering but still capturing everything!

We went to a dozen weddings this year, many that my husband and I were a part of, and I can honestly say (although perhaps a bit bias) that we truly have the best pictures. From our engagement pictures to the wedding we could not be more pleased.

• Wedding: 11/14/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Julie was truly amazing to work with! She was professional, easy to work with and provided stunning images that will help to keep the memory of our special day very vivid in our minds. She was a gem to find and a joy to work with.

• Wedding: 11/11/2010
4.9/5.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We hired both Julie and Kevin Brewer for photography/videography for our wedding. I cannot express how much we LOVE our photos and video. Julie and Kevin captured our wedding with wonderful attention to detail and emotion. I give them my highest recommendation. As a husband/wife team, they work well together, and make you feel at ease.

• Wedding: 06/26/2010
Profile Picture
natrnunes

Kevin and Julie,

You are the best! This is the second wedding that Kevin has done for us. He is fantastic both as an artist and a person. We will keep calling you for more Pelchen weddings as they come. (We have two more daughters) ;)
Wonderful job! Call them, you will be glad you did!

Tina
~Festivities~

• Wedding: 05/01/2010
Services Used: Videography
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I cannot say enough good things about these guys. Working with Julie didn't feel like a business relationship, it just felt like we had a friend chilling with us and taking our pictures. We had our engagement photos done with Julie at Epcot and she walked around the whole world showcase with us and amazingly didn't get a single other person in any of our photos!! at Disney World! Then for our wedding, they were all early to my house (bonus) and took some stuff over to the venue to take photos while we finished up at the house. We had a lot of drama right before the ceremony and we weren't thrilled with our Reverend's behavior and we were really late and stresses were high, but they still managed to capture only happy and loving moments from that pre-ceremony time. When everyone was running up to me with questions and rushing, finally Julie said nobody else was allowed upstairs to bother me, and she said "I'm sorry, I know how much you paid for this so I'm taking your bridal portraits!" I was like- go Julie! They went out of the way to get their job done, and done well. We got a disc of all our photos only a couple of weeks after the wedding and they were breathtaking. They covered everything! Please hire them!

• Wedding: 04/09/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Pictures are very important to us, so deciding who we would have as our photographer for our wedding was a big decision during our wedding planning process. Choosing Julie Brewer as our photographer was the best decision we could have made! She is AWESOME!!! Julie caputured our special day perfectly. We couldn't have asked for more. She is very talented and super easy to work with. Julie helped to make the whole day run smootly and never caused any stress. If you are looking for an outstanding photographer, go with Brewer Photo & Video!

• Wedding: 02/12/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Very professional young couple who provided photo and video service for our wedding. Beautiful results.

• Wedding: 03/22/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Julie and Kevin did an awesome job with the photography and videography of our day. We were extremely pleased with the photos! They captured every minute of our special occassion. We highly recommend their services!

Roshawnda and Michael Anderson

• Wedding: 03/14/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had spoken and visited with a few photographers before my mum came across Brewer Photo and Video on the website. The problem we were having with all the other companies was that they did not have a duo of photographer and videographer that had worked together before. This was something very important to us, as the last thing we wanted on our big day was the photographer and videographer fighting for space. Before we even met with Julie Brewer we had already decided we wanted to get a deposit down asap and book them. What more can you ask for then husband and wife working together as a photographer and videographer to bring us back what turned out to be breath taking shots. Julie and Kevin Brewer are fantastic people in general and work as a team on your big day to bring you exactly what you want. They work with you months before hand on any ideas you may have for shots and on the day to. I wanted a particular shot of the back of my dress draping down the steps outside of the lobby with a view of the entire hotel from top to bottom floor in the background. Julie worked on this shot for me (with her team) until she got it. The light was already going before the shot as the sun had set, but she captured it perfectly! They are fun people who will work right to the very end of your day capturing every tear and emotion. They even manage to blend right into your day, the are not intrusive and you will never notice they are there, whilst all the while they are capturing every moment. We are so glad we found them and look forward to keeping in touch with them!

• Wedding: 02/21/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Julie & Kevin Brewer did an amazing job! They were so helpful and willing to do anything to make my wedding day great! Their previous work was so creative and beautiful! You can tell they both truly love their jobs! I will be using them in the future for any photography work I need done. I have also referred many of my friends and family to them for any photos they need taken. Definitely call them for your wedding day you wont be disappointed!

• Wedding: 02/14/2009
407-383-5746
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire