Amara Strings LLC

Amara Strings LLC

Live Music For Any Occasion

New York, NY 10025 | map
Arrangements: Instrumental - Duo, Instrumental - Solo, Instrumenta...
Instruments: Cello, Viola, Violin

Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

They are the best! Both my sister and I used them for our weddings and could not have been more happy. They play beautiful renditions of ANY song you desire and work with you on songs you want even if it wasn't something they've played in the past. They did both my ceremony and cocktail hour and made it a very special night! Thanks again Amara!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We chose Amara Strings to perform our ceremony and cocktail reception music based on the rave reviews we read on some of the wedding website. Their performance was even better than their reviews suggested if that's possible. Jen was a pleasure to work with from the time we made contact up through our wedding date. You will not find better quality musicians or a better value anywhere. We look forward to having another formal party just so we can have Amara Strings play for us. ~Mike and Amy

• Wedding: 12/31/2013
Michael
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The quality of the performance was superlative. They had a broad selection of music. They were a pleasure to deal with.

• Wedding: 06/22/2013
Gerard
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Just had my wedding this past weekend and I am so happy I had amara strings as my ceremony musicians. We chose a string trio, were able to pick the exact songs we wanted and all of our questions were answered promptly. Jen is super professional friendly and reliable. They showed up early to set up. We lucked out with the weather and having them play outdoors during the ceremony was beautiful. Thank you so much for making out day so special!

• Wedding: 06/23/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amara Strings performed at my sons wedding on June 16th during the ceremony and the cocktail hour. It was up on the roof at the Tribeca Rooftop and was truly magical! My son and daughter-in-law had requested several Rolling Stones songs during the processional and my husband requested certain songs during the cocktail hour. Jen at Amara Strings was wonderful..she agreed to al of their requests and it all sounded fantastic! So many of our friends and family told us after the ceremony that hearing the beautiful strings during the ceremony only added to the already magical backdrop of the NYC skyline!!
I would definitely recommend Amara Strings for a truly memorable special occasion!

Leslie

• Wedding: 06/16/2012
L.
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I am a conservatory trained classical musician who wanted excellent music for my wedding ceremony. Amara Strings was easy to work with, honored my finicky music issues, and sounded excellent. I couldn't have been happier with my decision.

• Wedding: 06/03/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

They were not only professional, but entirely accommodating when we requested that one member of the trio be present for rehearsal. Aside from the selections they had in their canon, they added two for our purposes and their playing complimented the bride's entrance so beautifully... their music augmented the value of the moment and all in all Amara Strings was a wonderful addition to our wedding day.

• Wedding: 06/02/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amara Strings was wonderful to work with! They played BEAUTIFUL music for the ceremony on cocktail hour. They were very responsive to my questions and were great to work with and were very open regarding the pieces to play. I received many compliments on them! I would highly recommend them! =)

• Wedding: 11/13/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I cannot recommend Amara Strings highly enough. They were super responsive, professional, and helpful during the planning stage, and took the time to talk with us about our musical preferences and suggested terrific pieces for our wedding, including pieces not on their listed repertoire. They even took the time to arrange a piece that we specially requested for our ceremony. I strongly recommend other brides to hire Amara Strings--they are reasonably priced compared to other string quartets, and they add so much to the ceremony in particular. We were on a tight budget and considered just using recorded music for the ceremony, but I'm so glad that we hired Amara Strings. You won't regret it!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amara strings were really great. Very responsive and helpful regarding all my questions and concerns and always laid out their requirments and needs early on so everything was very clear. I also really appreciated their thought partnership to ensure the music selected and logistics were properly planned. On the day of the wedding, everything was very smooth and all my guested agreed they sounded great. Would definitely recommend them!

• Wedding: 10/08/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I cannot say enough good things about Amara Strings!!! I found them through a random search and reached out to their director to see if they could do a special request song for me. They were more than willing to oblige and Jen was so nice and helpful through our many emails and our in-person meeting. Leading up to my event, we had a few issues with insurance (completely our venue's fault, not Amara Strings) and they were more than accommodating for whatever we needed. On the wedding day, and since, I have gotten an ABUNDANCE of comments, compliments and excited facebook messages from my guests, including a friend that works for Julliard, about how amazing our string quartet was! They loved the more modern songs that they played and thought they were wonderful!! I myself wish that I had more time to enjoy them, I was so busy I barely heard them, but am SO happy to know that my guests enjoyed them!! I would hire them again in a second, they are wonderful and made our day that much more amazing!!

• Wedding: 09/04/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amara Strings provided beautiful ceremony music for our wedding. Jen was wonderful to work with. She was responsive to all of my questions and emails, arrived promptly and was very professional throughout the whole process. They did a superb job. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone.

• Wedding: 08/13/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I can't recommend Amara Strings highly enough! Jen was incredibly helpful, responsive, and even went so far as to arrange a couple special songs for our ceremony and rehearse and perform with a singer that we chose. On the wedding day, they were prompt, professional, and the music was beautiful. Their rates are extremely reasonable and the service, again, was top notch. Unquestionably five stars.

• Wedding: 06/11/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had to drop our our wedding musicians at the last moment (long story). We contacted Amara String two weeks before the wedding. They worked with us in creating a play list for the wedding. In the end, they did a wonderful job for us. We're still very appreciative regarding the flexibility and professionalism they showed to us during the chaotic weeks before our wedding.

• Wedding: 05/31/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amara was great all around! They met with us to discuss our general ideas and then again to make sure they were on top of the schedule and specific music selections on the day of the wedding. They played a great mix of what we requested: classical, jazz and classic rock. They even arranged and learned a few pieces they had never played before when we sent them our list of requests.
Thanks for making our wedding so beautiful and memorable!!

• Wedding: 05/29/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amara Strings played jazz at our cocktail hour and traditional Jewish wedding songs at our reception. We worked together on the playlists and Jen also gave some recordings to our DJ for transition music during the dinner. We received many compliments from our guests on the elegant presentation of the trio and would highly recommend them for your event.

• Wedding: 08/22/2010
443-928-9270
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards