Amanda's Florist

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Amanda is a true professional and I was so happy to have expertise guide us with our wedding day floral arrangements. I had fallen in love with a photograph that showed beautiful oxblood and red orange flowers in a delicate blue and white china vase and she did EVERYTHING in her power to make that happen for me. I know nothing about floral arrangement and she took the reigns and was very clear to me what would be possible, what wouldn't be possible and how we could make it work. She went above and beyond the call of duty with helping me find the perfect blue and white vessels for the centerpieces and her professionalism made every step and decision very easy. I trusted every suggestion she had, knowing that she is an expert in her craft, and our floral arrangements turned out just how I imagined they would only better. From my bouquet to the centerpieces, corsages and boutonnieres, Amanda nailed the vision spot on. Her shop is adorable, too! My husband and I are looking forward to stopping in for our future floral needs in the near future!

Services Used: Flowers

Amanda was so awesome! We met with her and discussed our vision for what we wanted, and she was immediately on the same page and even offered suggestions that we hadn't considered! It was obvious from the very beginning that she wanted to give us what we wanted and had no interest in overcharging us for things we didn't need in order to accomplish what we wanted, which, when it comes to flowers, she could have easily done, as neither me nor my husband know that much about flowers and their pricing. You can really tell that she wants to provide something that will make her customers happy while maintaining her integrity as an artist, and we completely appreciate that quality about her. Her pricing was incredibly fair and she was so easy to work with. I highly recommend her services to anyone who is in need of a florist. She did exactly what I wanted and I got so many compliments on my bouquets.

Services Used: Flowers

Simply amazing! Amanda was so helpful, detail oriented, and creative throughout our entire planning process. She surpassed my expectations and I could tell that she really cared about making everything perfect. She came up with ideas that I hadn't even thought of but was honest about areas where she thought we could save money. She really strives to make the bride and groom's vision come to life and I would strongly recommend her to anyone getting married!!

Recently Married

She was genuine, helpful, and creative. She brought our dream wedding to real life!

Services Used: Flowers

I was very impressed with this florist. She was able to actualize my vision by getting to know me as a person and my vision for the wedding. I asked for a few unique flowers and she gave me everything I wanted and for a reasonable price!

Recently Married

When I started pricing flowers I was shocked at how expensive they were! When I came to Amanda, she was able to give me beautiful flowers at a reasonable price! She was so quick at responding to my emails and worked closely with me to give me exactly what I was looking for. When I saw my flowers on my wedding day they were exactly what I had imagined. They matched the romantic garden look I was going for at my Swan Harbor wedding. I would definitely use Amanda again in the future :)

Kristyn
1 Review
05/17/2014

Amanda was fabulous to work with, she worked closely with me and helped to develop my exact vision, even though I changed my mind several times!!! I recommend Amanda 100%!!!!!!!

Services Used: Flowers

Amanda's Florist was fantastic! I used ferns for my ceremony and they were the absolute biggest beautiful ferns I have ever seen - and very affordable.

If I had found Amanda earlier I would have had them do my flowers for the whole wedding. Our initial searches of florists turned up many over priced and rude vendors - therefore I decided to do the flowers myself. Amanda was the exact opposite. I talked with her when picking up my ferns and she showed me how she would have been able to take the flowers that I wanted and worked with my budget to make it work. She even gave me many tips on how to care for the flowers I was using that I didn't even purchase from her. I thought this was over and beyond what she needed to do however she even went a step further. She said if things did not work out with my flowers that she would try to get flowers together for me as long as I let her know Thursday before my Saturday wedding. What an angel and so unbelievable that she would go to those great lengths when I had only bought two ferns from her. I will be recommending Amanda to anyone who is having a wedding or needs flowers for any occasion. I cannot recommend this florist more.

Mara
05/03/2014

Amanda was wonderful to work with. She provided samples,great detail, and was able to transform my ideas into beautiful end results. I absolutely loved my bouquet and got so many compliments . The arch of flowers also gave that extra pop of color and aesthetics needed to top it all off . Everything was perfect !

1+ year ago

Amanda did all of the flowers for my wedding and I cannot say enough great things about her and her work! When I first came to meet with her I only had a vague idea of what I wanted and Amanda spent a lot of time with me trying to figure out exactly what I wanted. She was very patient and listened to exactly what I wanted, even at times when I wasn’t totally sure of what I wanted. She was always very responsive to questions and so easy to work with. All of the flowers that Amanda did were amazing! The bridal and bridesmaids bouquets were absolutely stunning. I loved my bouquet, it was the most beautiful arrangement I have ever seen. Because I had given Amanda so many different pictures and ideas, I wasn’t sure what the bouquet would end up looking like. But, it exceeded my wildest expectations. It was exactly what I had asked for, but better. I received so many compliments on all of the flowers. Our guests really loved the rose petal walkway and I am so glad that I got it because it looks gorgeous in my wedding photos. The centerpieces were beautiful and exactly what I wanted. We also purchased arrangements for the altar and they added a beautiful pop of color to all of our photos. I am so happy with the flowers and I think they made an already perfect day even more perfect.

wendi lee
1 Review
03/30/2014

Amanda was the best! We had some unique requests in the way of wedding flowers and she very creatively made them happen. She personally set up our flowers at the venue, and made sure all was perfect. We give her our very highest recommendation. She is awesome.

Laura
02/22/2014

Amanda is awesome! I really can't say enough about how wonderful it was to work with her for my wedding. First let me say that one of my wedding day disasters was avoided because she had the foresight to understand that my 2 yr old niece probably could handle the pomander I had requested and brought a smaller "just in case" version that was perfect! I was a very indecisive bride when showed up at Amanda's and she helped me form/clarify my wedding floral vision. I made a few last minute changes just a few weeks before the wedding (adding arrangements) and it was no problem. I tend to do most of my communication via e-mail and Amanda was always prompt with her responses. We did a prove-out a few weeks early that I was able to see at the shop and she sent me photos of my arrangements the days before my wedding to make sure I was still happy. Amanda will be my florist for all my future needs.

June
12/28/2013

Amanda did such an awesome job with my wedding flowers!! I'm not the type of person who really knows much about flowers so I really needed her help when I first met her. She coaxed some ideas out of my head and using that I eventually found some photos online that emulated these. I sent them to her, and I can't even tell you how happy I am with the results. Absolutely PERFECT!! I could not have imagined them coming out any better. I keep looking at my bouquet and smiling. If you're getting married in the Harford County area, you definitely have to stop by and see Amanda, you won't regret it!

Services Used: Flowers

Amanda is an incredible florist. She designed my bouquets, centerpieces and isle decorations for my September 2013 wedding at the Vandiver Inn (this review is inexcusably late!) I was not a well-planned bride and had a very rudimentary idea as far as what I wanted in theme and color. When I came to see Amanda for the first time, all I could tell her was that I wanted “lots of colors.” She helped me narrow down my ideas and worked with me tirelessly until I had a better understanding of what I really wanted. She designed centerpieces for me around beer bottles – and then I ended up scrapping that idea a few weeks prior to the wedding. When I decided to use little white pitchers as my centerpieces, she was flexible and made the makeshift vases work even though she had never worked with these particular pitchers before. They turned out incredible and the look was charming and unique. My bouquet was one of the most beautiful decorations in the whole wedding. I told Amanda I wanted wild flowers and lots of colors. She took my scattered ideas and turned them into something far greater than I could have ever imagined. My bridesmaids’ bouquets were also very beautiful and all of the boutonnieres and corsages looked great as well. I am so grateful to Amanda for all of her hard work. I would definitely recommend Amanda to any customer – particularly if you are having an event at the Vandiver. She knows the venue very well and will understand how to take your ideas, themes, and colors and make them work with the venue. I have no doubt, however, that Amanda would be able to make any customer, at any venue, very happy. She is professional, kind, and listens to what the customer wants (or in my case, helped me figure out what I wanted!) Thank you, Amanda!

Services Used: Flowers, Lighting & Decor

Amanda was a joy to work with. I went a little crazy on Pinterest before my wedding and had a lot of weird ideas about the flowers. Amanda made them all happen and was excited for the challenge. So many people warned me when planning the wedding how expensive the flowers can be. I told Amanda my budget and we worked together to make it happen and still look like a million bucks. She had great suggestions for flowers that would be in season that would look just as beautiful. Amanda did a beautiful job and the flowers not only looked amazing, but added a wonderful aroma to the day. She made it magical.

Services Used: Flowers

Wonderful shop, fantastic owner, and funny!

Amanda was such a wonderful owner to work with! She provided one-on-one consultation services for myself and a bridesmaid, hands on planning, we got to see a preview and design our bouquets from a small sampling of what she had on hand, and the whole process was pretty easy.

Days before the wedding she contacted me, we incorporated brooches into my bridesmaids' bouquets, and we went to the store to see them finished and make any changes, if needed (none were). I loved working with Amanda and her crew. Fantastic job, she did amazing!