A Bride's Storey

your day...your dreams...your storey

2412 W Andrew Johnson Hwy
Ste A
Morristown, TN 37814 | map
Services: Bride, Bridesmaids, Father of the Bride, Father of t...
Accessories: Garters, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Shoes, Veils

Flexibility:
(3.0 / 5.0)
4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

They had a variety of gowns that I had not seen from other vendors. Their prices were much more reasonable and I felt the quality of service was higher than at some of the high end stores I went to when they were near Nashville. They went out of their way to ensure I was comfortable and satisfied with my purchase.

• Wedding: 09/12/2009
1.3/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 1.5
  • Responsiveness: 0.5
  • Professionalism: 0.5
  • Flexibility: 0.0

I have had nothing but problems with this company from the time I purchased the dress till I was waiting to get it back from being preserved. I ordered my dress in October for a May wedding and did not get it but 2 weeks before the wedding. I had trouble getting answers on the phone to why my dress was taking so long. Then I thought I would give them one more chance and took them up on the complimentary service of preservation. I tool my dress June 1st and with many phone calls and 8 months later I finally got it back. The reason they gave me " they did not have the funds to send to the preservation company to get my dress back." I was so mad. So please if you want your dress in a timely manner do not shop here . Their customer service was terrible. They even hung up on me several times they never return phone calls..

• Wedding: 05/30/2009
1.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 1.0
  • Responsiveness: 0.5
  • Professionalism: 0.5
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 0.5

This place was HORRIBLE!!!! I had great service when I was trying to find my dress, they had great ideas for exactly what I wanted. After I bought my dress all of that ended. I had no communication from them when my dress was going to be late and my dress ended up coming 2 months after the date they had told me it was supposed to be in. And I had to call them to get that answer, nobody ever called to tell me of changes. The same thing happened with my bridesmaid dresses. When I sent my dress in to get cleaned (a service that was complimentary when I bought my dress) I dropped it off in February and was told it takes 8-10 weeks. I called them in April to see the status and was told it was just sent out (again, no communication from them) In December I recieved an email from the company stating the finally recieved my dress. Finally a year later I called and called and called to see where my dress is. With no return phone calls. Finally with an email they tell me my dress is on my way. I finally got my dress back...I will be married TWO YEARS in August....absolutely HORRIBLE customer service and caused more stress than all of the other vendors combined. Only go here if you want to be ignored after you make your purchase!! It is not worth getting a cheaper price!!! I wish I would have gone elsewhere.

A Bride's Storey responded with the following comments:

I would like to respond to this post with the actual dates. This bride came to our store for the first time on 10/24/07, she then came back to order her gown on Sunday, 2/22/08. The order was placed with Sarah at the wedding gown company that week (2/27/08) and a confirmation number and approximate ship date of 6/13/08 was provided. A thank- you card with the ship date was sent to the bride on 2/27/08. The gown was shipped on 6/20/08 (one week later than the approximate ship date) by the wedding gown company. The bride was notified via voicemail that her gown shipped. The gown was received in the store and the bride came on 6/27/08 to pick up the gown and pay the balance. The gown had been specially cut to her bust, waist, hips, and height and it fit beautifully.

The bride had 6 out-of-state bridesmaids and the bridesmaids placed their orders on the following dates: 2/27/08, 3/4/08, 3/4/08, 3/4/08, 3/5/08 and the last one on 4/11/08. Bridesmaid dress orders cannont be placed until all people in the party have been sized, as these dresses need to be cut from the same bolt of fabric so the colors are all the same. The bridesmaid order was faxed in on 4/11 and a ship date of 6/27/08 was given. The bride called on 6/30 stating she was going home (out-of-state) 7/3/08 and would like to take the bridesmaid dresses with her. The company was called and they assured me they would be to me in time. The dresses arrived 7/3/08 and were picked up by the groom before he and the bride left town.

We did offer complimentary dress preservation during the time this bride purchased her dress. Did she just receive her cleaned and preserved dress on 5/13/10, yes. Due to many unforseen and unplanned circumstances, there was a delay in getting her gown to her from the preservation company. Did we notify this bride (and others) of the delays and keep them informed of the status and assure them that their gown was safe and not lost, yes.

Now you know the sequence of events.

• Wedding: 08/30/2008
5.0/5.0
  • Value: 5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My gown was purchased at A Bride's Storey as well as my bridesmaids dresses. The shop had a great selection of dresses at a very reasonable price. Melissa and David were a pleasure to work with!

• Wedding: 05/24/2008
2.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Professionalism: 2.0
  • Flexibility: 2.5

There were several mistakes in orders and the alterations were very poorly done. We were stitching the bridesmaid dresses ourselves 10 minutes prior to my ceremony.

• Wedding: 05/17/2008
5.0/5.0
  • Value: 5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had an amazing time working with Melissa at A Bride's Storey. My dress and my bridesmaids' dresses were beautiful, and Melissa was always so curteous. Even though I waited until the last minute to do everything, all the dresses and accessories arrived in time. They have a great selection and both Melissa and her husband were super helpful through the whole process. I really enjoyed all the time I spent at their shop.

• Wedding: 05/17/2008
423-318-1085
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
3.4