The Story Photography

The Story Photography

Relaxed | Modern | Candid

Syracuse, NY 13212 | map
Style: Contemporary, Photojournalism
Services: 2nd Shooter, Custom Graphics, Engagement Shoot, High...
Items: Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Matted P...
About Us

I first picked up a camera in the summer of... BLAH, BLAH, BLAH...

I know that you don't care about that. So here's the real stuff.

You want great photographs of your wedding day, you want your friends and family to have a great time, and you want high quality products delivered in a reasonable time frame.

Well, that's what I do.

Nothing is ever "cookie-cutter" with me. I know that you have spent a lot of time planning your wedding day and your wedding is unique to you. That's how I treat it, every experience is a custom experience.

Sure, there are some pre-made packages to choose from but they just give us a starting place. What actually happens on your wedding day is completely up to you, not me!

Of course, I'm here to help you and guide you when you ask for it, but I'm never going to tell you you have to do something when it comes to a schedule or when it comes to a photo. If you are looking for someone who is relaxed, professional, relatable, unobtrusive, and absolutely there to photograph every important moment, then I'd love to get together to meet you and chat about your wedding day! Just head over to the contact page and get in touch!

As you've already read, I feel that it's important to be a help to you along the way in your wedding planning, so please contact me and ask any questions that may come up.

Photos
Reviews
5.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 5.0
  • Responsiveness: 5.0
  • Professionalism: 5.0
  • Value: 5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I could not be more happy to have had Chris and the Story Photography as part of our wedding. We planned our Upstate New York wedding from Washington, DC, and Chris was incredibly helpful and responsive over the long distance. Emails were always responded to within hours, and he was eager to find out exactly what we were looking for in our wedding photos. We had a skype date to get to know him and make sure it was a good fit a few days after first contacting him. Soon afterward we scheduled an engagement photo session for when we would be in the area and his dedication was clear from his trekking and crawling through the snow just to get the right shots.

He and the second photographer, Alice, were super low-key, patient, and good-humored the day of the wedding and were able to give good instructions without being bossy or overbearing in any way. As mentioned by many other reviews, the team was very efficient and the formal family photos went by very quickly. We’ve attended and been a part of weddings where the formal photos sucked up a bunch of time but Chris and team worked very fast. Most importantly, the photos were absolutely beautiful and we browse them almost daily. The formal pictures came out great which tends to please the older relatives but Chris really excels with the candid photos throughout the day. I’m pretty sure every guest was in at least a few photos. The photo books were equally gorgeous.

He captured all of the details and people from our special day with the keen eye of a true artist and could not have been more helpful, pleasant, and calming to work with. We heard from so many guests that couldn’t believe how amazing the photos were, and some even requested copies to be used for their holiday card photo. Book as soon as you can as we’re sure Chris will only get busier and busier!

• Wedding: 06/28/2014
Services Used: Photography
Endorsements
In a market flooded with talent behind the lens, its not easy for a photographer (even an exceptional one) to make a name for themselves or stand out in front of their competition. Chris from The Story photographer however has managed to do just that. Wedding photography needs to be a balance of artistry, efficiency and manner, which he both recognizes and embraces. I've worked with Chris on multiple occasions, which beyond being a pleasure to work alongside of, has found and carved his rightful place here in the Central New York wedding industry, and deservingly so. Mild mannered, attentive, and mindful in the execution of his craft, Chris should be prominently considered for your treasured once in a life time photos. Give him a call!
The Story Photography is a wedding photographer from Syracuse, NY. We service weddings throughout the local area, including Binghamton, Rochester, and Utica. The Story Photography is a professional wedding photographer that has been part of the Syracuse, NY wedding industry for 4 years. We specialize in documentary wedding photography with a fashion flair
315-944-0044
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
Schedule Appointment