Starved Rock Lodge & Conference Center

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

First off, let me be clear - I am NOT the bride. I was a bridesmaid! However, this is my 6th wedding as party of a bridal party, so I have LOTS to compare this one to!

Starved Rock's Lodge is a gorgeous space, with a homey, rustic feel - it is perfect for those in love with the outdoors, but can also be decorated to appeal to those with a more traditional taste. In short, the space is flexible & functional.

Throughout the day, the staff was incredible helpful, available, and ready to roll with anything that came up or that we unexpectedly needed. NO ONE, not a SINGLE person, rolled an eye or made us feel like we were putting them out. THAT, in and of itself, is KEY to this review. This was the FIRST time I have been part of a wedding in which I did not experience even one person acting rude or inconvenienced by a paying couple's requests or contracted rights. No joke, everyone was kind. EVERYONE. That just does NOT happen. It made the day that much more beautiful, easy-going, and enjoyable.

On to food & drink - I always say that "As long as the food isn't terrible, people won't care to complain. It just has to be acceptable - especially if the bar is open." Well, Starved Rock delivered again. The bartender & bartendress were friendly & warm, had no problem pouring doubles or giving you more than one drink at dinner call or last call, and were even willing to go grab the groom's favorite liquor from the main bar. For dinner, I had the Chicken Tuscany, and I was expecting average at best, but no - there was flavor! The meat was tender! The green beans were crisp! Twice-baked potato? Gorgeously piped AND yummy! The only downside? I ate EVERYTHING, so there wasn't as much room as I would like for booze. (Don't fret, I managed).

I cannot say enough about this venue, especially the staff. You will not regret your decision to celebrate your marriage, or any event for that matter, at Starved Rock.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
LOCATION
Route 71 & Route 178, Utica, IL 61373
Discover the rustic elegance of this historic and spectacular setting for your special day!   Unsurpassed by beauty, service and cuisine your wedding will take place in the timeless splendor of the 1930’s built lodge located in Starved Rock State Park. Ceremony (if applicable) and dinner take center stage in our one of a kind Great Hall with its ma gnificent stone fireplace and massive log timbers. Later on, let the private Starved Rock Room be transformed into a reception and bar area when dancing takes place.

Relax and enjoy! Let our trained and professional staff take care of the details such as setup, clean up, tables, chairs (outside chair rental not included), linens, china, tableware, stemware, white privacy draping, dance floor and bar set up. For your comfort we can accommodate up to 225 guests.

Allow our chef’s to dazzle you with their culinary talents. Choose from our package menu which include four hours of open bar, hors d’ oeuvres and entrée at a per person charge or customize your menu from our ala carte selections.  Service with a smile! Our professional banquet team will pamper your guests with your choice of served or buffet style meals.

Want an outdoor ceremony in a picture perfect setting followed by an elegant intimate dinner - we have that also!  The Courtyard was created for our wedding couples that want to be surrounded by the beauty of nature on their special day. Nestled along Fox Canyon, this outdoor ceremony site can accommodate up to thirty of your closest family and friends. Leading you and your guests to the ceremony site is a winding paved walkway and several natural stone benches. Once you enter the Courtyard, flagstone steps lead to an elevated stone terrace with antique lighting. If your ceremony is planned for the Courtyard and the problem of inclement weather arises, your ceremony will take place in the charming and rustic Canyonside Cabin. In the Cabin your ‘I Do’s’ will take place in front of a cozy log and stone fireplace. Also, in Canyonside Cabin is a dressing room for the bride complete with full-length mirror and vanity plus a guest restroom. Both Canyonside Cabin and the Courtyard are handicapped accessible.

Need transportation to and from the ceremony or local hotel? Rent Rita or Ranger the Trolley. Able to accommodate up to 30 people, our trolleys will make your special day truly unique. Contact our Activities Director, Edna Daugherty at (815) 220-7386 for pricing and availability.

Mark your calendar for our annual Bridal Expo in January, which includes some of the best wedding vendors in the area. Visit our website at www.starvedrocklodge.com for date and more information.

Discover the difference in Starved Rock Lodge! Please call 815-220-7332, if you have any questions or would like to book you event.

CLICK HERE TO VIEW BEAUTIFUL PHOTOGRAPHS OF OUR WEDDINGS!
Details
Maximum capacity: 200
Wedding services: Bridal Shower, Ceremony, Engagement Party, Reception
Catering: Outside Cake OK
ASSOCIATIONS I BELONG TO (1)