Starved Rock Lodge & Conference Center Reviews

Starved Rock Lodge & Conference Center 6
Starved Rock Lodge & Conference Center 7

Edi Gilich · Getting married on 09/18/2020

Very Responsive

We booked Starved Rock Lodge for our September 2020 wedding. To date, every question has been answered timely. They are a great value and it's such a beautiful place for a wedding. Can't wait to say I DO there.

Sent on 02/06/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah Ratliff · Married on 06/30/2019

Beautiful location

Starved Rock was an absolutely beautiful reception venue. We have always loved hiking around the park and it was truly special to be able to have our wedding here. The Starved Rock sales team was a pleasure to work with, they were flexible and very knowledgeable and made my wedding day go as smoothly as possible.

Sent on 07/11/2019
  • Ann

Ann gerard · Married on 03/23/2019

Excellent very professional

Service was excellent, very professional staff food was perfect and sweet table was fantastic everything was just perfect hotel was very clean and attended to all my guests needs promptly I would recommend this venue to everyone!!

Sent on 04/05/2019
    Starved Rock Lodge & Conference Center 8
    Starved Rock Lodge & Conference Center 9
    Starved Rock Lodge & Conference Center 10
    Starved Rock Lodge & Conference Center 11
    Starved Rock Lodge & Conference Center 12
  • Jenelle

Jenelle · Married on 01/04/2019

Amazing place to celebrate love!

I recently got married at Starved Rock in January of 2019 and all I can say is WOW, I will NEVER forget it! Such a memorable place to celebrate love. All of our guests are still talking about how good the food was and what a wonderful location it was to have our wedding. All of the staff were very easy to work with and very accomodating to our needs/wants. Anything that we asked about on our wedding day it was immediately addressed and the day ran very smoothly! I would highly recommend Starved Rock Lodge to anyone thinking about getting married! It is also very very reasonable for what you get!

Sent on 03/03/2019
    Starved Rock Lodge & Conference Center 13
    Starved Rock Lodge & Conference Center 14
    Starved Rock Lodge & Conference Center 15

Jeanne · Married on 06/29/2018

Starved Rock was class act from beginning to end. They provided excellent communication, were on the ball with every detail that we requested. The food was exceptional, beautifully presented and enjoyed by all. The set up was complete, as requested and timely. The ambiance was perfect! The pricing was right where we needed it to be. We also reserved the Utica Room for the morning after to unwrap some gifts and say goodbye to our out of town guests. It was set up very nicely and was the perfect place for people to gather one last time before departing.

Sent on 07/30/2018
  • Marsha3x

Marsha · Married on 06/08/2018

We just had our wedding at Starved Rock on Friday, June 8th, 2018. We were one of five weddings that had that weekend. Ours was the big one in the Starved Rock room with 88 guests. We had originally planned for the ceremony to take place outside but due to the rain we opted for inside. It was PERFECT, even with the rain, everything was perfect and everything went smoothly. Jenny and her staff went above and beyond! We had been gifted chair covers and Jenny and her staff helped us steam then and set them up on the chairs for the reception on the night before. The food was fantastic! My only complaint was I didn't get one of the mini beef wellingtons at the cocktail hour, they were such a hit they were all gone before I could find one. For the dinner we opted for the grand buffet, our entrees were the fried chicken and pot roast. Everyone was raving about how great the pot roast was. It was so tender and flavorful. It was well talked about all night and even the next day. Starved Rock really out did themselves! I highly recommend Starved Rock!

Sent on 06/13/2018
    Starved Rock Lodge & Conference Center 16

Alayna · Married on 06/01/2018

My husband and I had our wedding at Starved Rock on June 1st. It was nothing short of amazing! We had Jennie Laio as our coordinator, she was so sweet and so responsive to any and everything we needed. The outdoor ceremony was absolutely beautiful, our guests could not stop talking about how enjoyable it was and how nice it was to be able to head right inside to the lodge for cocktail hour and the reception. The food and bar service was top notch as well. We loved every second of our wedding day at Starved Rock Lodge. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 06/11/2018
    Starved Rock Lodge & Conference Center 17

Shannon · Married on 12/16/2017

We had an intimate, outdoor, winter wedding at Starved Rock and then rented one of their conference rooms to have dinner. It was absolutely perfect. Working with Peggy in the sales department was so easy and she was great! The lodge was decorated beautifully for Christmas which just added to the overall atmosphere. We got so many compliments on the food, decor, and location.

Sent on 12/18/2017

Penelope · Married on 11/17/2017

Peggy was THE BEST! Service was amazing!

Sent on 12/05/2017
    Starved Rock Lodge & Conference Center 18
    Starved Rock Lodge & Conference Center 19
    Starved Rock Lodge & Conference Center 20
    Starved Rock Lodge & Conference Center 21
    Starved Rock Lodge & Conference Center 22
    Starved Rock Lodge & Conference Center 23

Ellen · Married on 08/04/2017

Starved Rock was so affordable and very responsive. They worked closely with me and always were available to calm my nervous bride nerves. I would highly recommend using them; your day will be everything you dream of!

Sent on 09/08/2017

Hilary · Married on 07/22/2017

First off, let me be clear - I am NOT the bride. I was a bridesmaid! However, this is my 6th wedding as party of a bridal party, so I have LOTS to compare this one to!

Starved Rock's Lodge is a gorgeous space, with a homey, rustic feel - it is perfect for those in love with the outdoors, but can also be decorated to appeal to those with a more traditional taste. In short, the space is flexible & functional.

Throughout the day, the staff was incredible helpful, available, and ready to roll with anything that came up or that we unexpectedly needed. NO ONE, not a SINGLE person, rolled an eye or made us feel like we were putting them out. THAT, in and of itself, is KEY to this review. This was the FIRST time I have been part of a wedding in which I did not experience even one person acting rude or inconvenienced by a paying couple's requests or contracted rights. No joke, everyone was kind. EVERYONE. That just does NOT happen. It made the day that much more beautiful, easy-going, and enjoyable.

On to food & drink - I always say that "As long as the food isn't terrible, people won't care to complain. It just has to be acceptable - especially if the bar is open." Well, Starved Rock delivered again. The bartender & bartendress were friendly & warm, had no problem pouring doubles or giving you more than one drink at dinner call or last call, and were even willing to go grab the groom's favorite liquor from the main bar. For dinner, I had the Chicken Tuscany, and I was expecting average at best, but no - there was flavor! The meat was tender! The green beans were crisp! Twice-baked potato? Gorgeously piped AND yummy! The only downside? I ate EVERYTHING, so there wasn't as much room as I would like for booze. (Don't fret, I managed).

I cannot say enough about this venue, especially the staff. You will not regret your decision to celebrate your marriage, or any event for that matter, at Starved Rock.

Sent on 12/14/2014

Ashley · Married on 06/24/2017

It is a state park so consider the time of the year when picking a day. Summers are usually swarmed with people. Whereas fall/winter months you’d have more privacy

Sent on 12/06/2017

Becky · Married on 03/04/2017

I cannot express how wonderful it was to work with the staff in the Sales office at Starved Rock! They were absolutely AMAZING!! Whenever you have a question, you can always shoot them an email (or give them a call), and they get back to you within 24 hours. They completely take the worry out of your wedding day too! Someone is always there in case you have a question, or if one of your other vendors is running late, they will make a phone call so that you don't have to. The location is absolutely beautiful as well. I highly recommend this location! Oh, and the food is pretty amazing too!

Sent on 03/17/2017

Corinne · Married on 09/24/2016

We are thrilled with our experience at Starved Rock Lodge! From day one, they had great communication! I am a worrier, and whenever I had a question I almost always had a response within a day. Everything went as planned on the day of the wedding, and it helped me to be a relaxed bride. So happy with our choice! Our guests all loved the venue.

Sent on 12/25/2016

Lauren · Married on 08/06/2016

First, and foremost I would like to say that Starved Rock and Tiffany completely went above and beyond our expectations! She was an absolute treat to work with, and she ensured that everything went as smoothly as humanly possible during our amazing wedding day. She even allowed my husband to have his fantasy football draft the day before our wedding!
    Everything was just perfect, we received countless compliments on the food (which we both agreed was absolutely amazing!). The service and bar tenders were personable, kind, and overall fantastic.
    Let's talk about the cake for a moment. We used Mo, who is the in house pastry chef. We were blown away with the end result which was way better than we could even imagine. THANK YOU!
    Every aspect of the wedding seemed to flow seamlessly throughout the entirety of the day. With the fantastic ambiance, perfect scenery, and outdoor ceremony, we simply could not have asked for a better result.

Sent on 08/25/2016

Jordan · Married on 05/22/2016

My now husband and I got married here on May 22nd. All I can say is wow! We worked closely with Jenny who from the very start was so quick to respond to even the tiniest question. Very friendly staff (props to the bartenders that night who were so great!) We even had a server that made sure to come by the head table during dinner to get us all a drink even though the bar was closed at that time. Being from a suburb of Chicago, the price of everything was super reasonable, and you cannot put a value on the scenery that is inside and outside the lodge! Highly recommend!

Sent on 05/27/2016
  • Janine

Janine · Married on 02/27/2016

My advice would be to visit the expo, it was a lot of fun and very informational. I used their preferred vendor list too. this being said it made everything so much easier. The sales office staff was so helpful and patient with all my questions, that on the day of the wedding i had no worries knowing that they were doing an amazing job.

Sent on 04/13/2016

Tiffany · Married on 10/04/2015

We were running behind and so much was going on but Tiffany Sigala kept me sane and positive when booking Starved Rock Lodge ask for Tiffany Sigala she's the best!

Sent on 10/07/2015

Lisa · Married on 09/13/2015

Our daughters wedding at Starved Rock was absolutely beautiful! We had perfect weather. The staff is very attentive and extremely friendly. We had a wonderful experience! I would recommend Starved Rock to anyone wanting a lodge setting, outdoor venue.

Sent on 09/21/2015

I'm not sure they appreciated all the questions I had along the way, but everything went as perfectly as I could have imagined. I was also surprised to find that on the day of, I had a whole staff catering to our needs to make sure everything ran smoothly. They took care of all the behind the scenes stuff that I didn't even think of. I'm not sure every wedding goes that well. I also really appreciated the clean up policy at the end of the night. Such a relief.

Sent on 09/11/2015

We had a wonderful experience at Starved Rock! At the last minute, we had to make a large change and they were very accommodating. The food was excellent, and we were able to offer our guests the full bar with not too much of a price difference. I highly recommend Starved Rock to anyone who I know is getting married and looking for a great outdoor venue.

Sent on 11/16/2016

Words cannot explain how wonderful my wedding was at Starved Rock. The park is beautiful and the facilities have a lovely rustic feel to them. Our wedding coordinator was amazing along with all the other staff we came in contact with! The outdoor and indoor wedding venue areas are fantastic! The dinner was delicious and the portions were very generous which we loved! Everything about Starved Rock was magnificent and our wedding there was beyond perfect!

Sent on 06/20/2015

Melissa · Married on 05/23/2015

Starved rock was where i dreamed of getting married! My husband and I went on our first date there and our first vacation. We shared many memories together there even before we got engaged, so it was our first choice to get married there. I honestly didn't think we could afford such a beautiful place to have our wedding, but we crossed our fingers and it was actually quite reasonably priced. We got married may 23rd 2015 and it was a perfect day. The weather was perfect and the staff were beyond helpful and were willing to accommodate my every need. I litterly couldn't have dreamed of a better experience!

Sent on 10/12/2015
  • Cynthia

Cynthia · Married on 05/02/2015

We had our reception here at Starved Rock Lodge. It is definitely a unique and special venue, and is a place that means a lot to us. My wedding coordinator was Margie, and she was amazing and so very accommodating with anything that needed to be done. Same with the rest of the staff. Not only was the service great, but the food was excellent quality, and the setting in itself was breathtaking. We wanted to pick a place that meant a lot to us - not just any random place, but with sentimental meaning. The first time we went to Starved Rock Lodge was in 2008; we were amazed by the food and the beautiful nature that surrounded us. The third time was in 2010. At that time, I remember Len saying, "What if we got married here?!" I replied saying, "It would absolutely be beautiful, but it's probably too expensive." I am so grateful that I looked into it because the prices were very reasonable, and we were able to make it happen.

Do inquire more than one year in advance as weekends book up really fast if you want a wedding here. From price, to food, to natural beauty, and a staff that will bend over backwards for your needs, I could not imagine any other place that could have been more perfect for our wedding reception. THANK YOU to the Starved Rock Lodge Staff from the bottom of our hearts!

Sent on 07/23/2015