Music On The Move

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Derek was awesome! Very flexible when we booked our original meeting. He is extremely responsive via email and phone. My husband and I didn't want an "over-the-top" production at the wedding and Derek definitely puts the bride and groom first on the wedding day! He had a difficult crowd at our wedding, as the "older" crowd stayed pretty late and he had to mix a lot of music to keep all wedding party guests happy. He has a turntable and can easily switch a song if the crowd isn't responding to it. He performed the music for our ceremony and reception. When we had our final discussion a week or so before the wedding, he told me he didn't have to be close by the actual ceremony, as he was very aware that the photographers would be there and he didn't want his DJ equipment being in the background of the pictures. True to his word, I didn't even see where he was posted until our recessional when I spotted him by some trees in the far "corner" of our outdoor ceremony :-)

Derek has a great personality, a lot of knowledge and experience and provided a wonderful atmosphere for our wedding day. We would highly recommend Music on the Move for your wedding!

Services Used: DJ
LOCATION
Wyandotte, MI 48192
BLOG

Non Stop Music...All Night Long

Hello, this is Derek from Music On The Move. After taking a break from the DJ industry for a little while I will be taking bookings again. I will be honored to have the opportunity to work with you to create an unbelievable night. I'm a firm believer in making every reception unique and make it a point incorporate my client's taste into my music mix instead of the cookie cutter YMCA approach. Every wedding is different and unique and should be special!!! My past reviews speak for themselves, I want you to have the time of your life and remember how much fun you had!

Moreover, I have been doing this a long and can help with your event planning as well. I'm not an event planner but I can offer advice and tips to guide you along way. Once, the event starts I do take charge and work with the hall to make sure everything runs as smooth as it can. I really just want my clients to enjoy the evening and leave all the stresses of planning behind them!!

I pride myself on being a "REAL" DJ and not just a guy sitting behind a computer with a microphone. I perform on turntables, I mix music on beat, and I can read a crowd. I don't advertise myself at your event. I find it tacky!!

Anyways that is a little background on myself and I wish you the best in planning your event and finding the right fit for your reception. I can confidently say that I'm not the cheapest nor the most expensive but I will give you my absolute best on the biggest day of your life!!

Thank You for your consideration!!

+/- read less