Fotoimpressions Rochester NY Wedding Photography

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

So...searching for a photographer?? Well, please stop and take considerable time looking at Paul Van Hoy's portfolio...it's unbelievable. When my husband and I sat down to search for photographers, I was nervous. There was a certain look we were going for and I knew it all depended on cost and availability. We contacted Paul that evening, and he responded immediately. He was kind, professional, and very inviting. Those qualities were very important to us - we were newly engaged and felt very nervous about making all the big decisions. We met Paul that following week and immediately I was giddy. Paul presented his portfolio and I just fell in love. Just by looking at Paul's pictures, you felt as though you were inside those family's lives; a part of those wedding nights. Paul captures moments that are usually missed - the moment your grandmother cried, or the look your fiance gives you when you laugh, or the look you make when you are kissed on your cheek. All of these moments are what I wanted to fill our wedding album with. There was no more waiting for us...we were sold.

A few months after that, we were with Paul for our engagement session. The day was wonderful and Paul was so fun and relaxing to be with. These features are not easy to come by and EXACTLY what we needed to be ourselves...and Paul captured every moment and essence of the REAL us. No staged photos...no obvious arm or body placement...just 100% us. I still cannot believe how amazing those photos were!

The wedding was just this past weekend and I have received an outpouring of compliments from friends and family about Paul. People could not believe how involved Paul was the day of the wedding..."he was all over the place at the reception" "he wanted to capture every laugh, smile and tear on the camera" "you are so lucky!"

We truly are the lucky ones. My husband and I cannot wait to see these pictures!! The work he does is editorial and you will not be disappointed!

Services Used: Photography
LOCATION
One Pleasant St. Suite 605, Rochester, NY 14604

Serving Rochester NY and Western NY

Microsoft’s 2007 “Photographer of The Year,” Paul D. Van Hoy II has been acclaimed as one of the top 20 wedding photographers in the world.

Van Hoy began his business at the age of sixteen in his Midwestern hometown of Evansville, Indiana. A native Hoosier, he relocated h is business to Western, NY in 2005, after being accepted into the prestigious graduate program at the Rochester Institute of Technology, where, in 2007, he earned his MFA in Fine Art Photography.

His award winning wedding photojournalism has been featured in popular magazines such as Brides and Bridal Magazine, Wedding Style, In Style Wedding, Modern Bride, and Martha Stewart Weddings.

His poignant and compelling fine art photography has been widely published in the US and abroad; PDN, Digital Photo Pro, After Capture, Professional Photographer, CMYK, Camera Arts, and Communication Arts.

Van Hoy takes a very delicate and personal approach to apprehending decisive moments when documenting weddings, and describes his style as a mixture of disciplines that combine formalism and fine art aesthetics with an inborn photojournalistic intuition.

“Interaction with strangers through an image capture device changes the dynamic of an already ambivalent relationship. It is crucial that the photographer be improvisational not only on a technical level, but his or her spontaneity should also extend to the persuasions necessary to gain the momentary trust of a desired subject.”

Presently, Van Hoy resides in Rochester, NY where his destination wedding photography business, Fotoimpressions, is located. He documents approximately 30-40 weddings throughout the US annually and shoots advertising, stock, and travel photography during his off-season.

Some of his former and current clients include Forbes, Health and Wellness Magazine, Men’s Health Magazine, Food & Wine Magazine, Better Homes and Gardens, Country Living, Adidas, Barilla, DKNY, Jones New York and Fossil Inc., among others.

Van Hoy is currently writing his first book on wedding photography, “Wedding Photography | The Business of Aesthetics” which is being published my Amherst Media in May of 2011. His work is represented by AGE Fotostock in Barcelona Spain.

Details
Style: Photojournalism
Packages: Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount, High Resolution Images, Matted Prints, Prints, Proof CD of All Images, ...
Liability Insurance: Yes