David's Country Inn

Services: Ceremony, Reception
Maximum capacity: 200
Catering: Offered in-house
About Us

At David's Country Inn we only cater to one wedding per day, so this historical mansion is exclusively for you and your guests. David's has four burning fire places, exquisite antiques as well as a spacious two story ballroom. All of this with a modern touch of elegance!

Photos
Reviews
5.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 5.0
  • Responsiveness: 5.0
  • Professionalism: 5.0
  • Value: 5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was not from the area where my wedding was going to take place, so my first experience with David's Country Inn was its website. It seemed like a charming place with history and class, so it made our short list. We had seen a number of venue choices already, and while they were very nice (including one where we nearly put down a deposit), none of them really called to us as THE PLACE... yet! Most places seemed either too corporate, too cookie cutter, or the people who ran the business inspired no confidence or no personal connection with would-be clients.

We arrived at David's Country Inn for our first in person appointment and viewing of the facility, and we were completely blown away by everything. The place was even nicer than it looks online – unique, beautiful, charming, and warm. But what really put us over the top was meeting with the manager and staff. From the beginning, we worked with Chris, Teddi, and Jordan - whose professionalism and savvy are matched only by their amazing character. Everyone at David's that I worked with was friendly, accommodating, professional, and BOY did they know their stuff! They were efficient, pleasant, and at every turn, you felt like you were their most important client and that they truly cared about your day.

The entire planning process was great - they seamlessly took care of the details with the reception, the cake, the flowers, and the cocktail hour music. Chris and Teddi were always very responsive and helpful (and I give them credit because I am a bit of a control freak!), and I am pretty sure that on the night of, I saw Jordan even pitching in to serve soup! There were a few snags on my end (I thought I was moving out of state for a while, we had some last minute changes and cancellations, etc), but everything was expertly handled by the staff at David's.

I couldn't be happier with how my wedding reception turned out. The place was decorated beautifully, the flowers were gorgeous, the food was incredible (I especially loved the hors d'oeuvres, the soup, and the cake), and the vendor set up and vendor meals were seamlessly handled. As I mentioned above, there were a few day of changes that I had to make because of things NOT stemming from David's, but I never had to even think twice about them as they completely took care of everything without issue. Even my guests remarked on how friendly, resourceful, and accommodating the staff was.

On the big day, they thought of everything! Before I could even think to ask, they had conveniently packed up all of my belongings, any outstanding decorations, cards, and flowers, and the top tier of my wedding cake for me to easily drop off in my car. They were also incredibly patient as my guests spent forever in the main room buzzing with excitement after such a lovely evening.

To make a long story short: I was drawn to David's by its charm and beauty, but booked because I felt that the owners and staff were good people who care about their clients and knew their business well. And even so, they went above and beyond my expectations to make my wedding reception a party that people continue to applaud. If you're thinking about booking your wedding or other event here, DO IT! You will not be disappointed!

P.S. - My photographer loved the venue as there are so many fantastic places with a lot of variety to take pictures inside.

• Wedding: 11/05/2011
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Cake
908-850-0224
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards