Awesiome FX

Awesiome FX

Eugene, OR
541.606.7644   Visit Website   Email Vendor

This vendor has not yet been reviewed.
Be the first to review this vendor
LOCATION
Eugene, OR 97402

I became interested in cosmetics at a young age. When I turned 12 I expressed a deep interest in wearing makeup. My mother thought it best to have me learn proper techniques from professionals. She enrolled me in classes taught by industry pros. I was taught fashion makeup application, shading and many more techniques.

At 15, I began stage training. I was trained specifically how to apply makeup for movie sets, stage productions and special effects. This along with many years of practical application of fashion cosmetic techniques made me very well rounded as a makeup artist. At 18 I was a counter manager for a major cosmetic brand and began freelancing doing mostly weddings and photo shoots. In college I was a chemistry major (analytical brain) with a minor in music (creative brain) I am very well-rounded. I have extensive knowledge of chemistry which means I can tell you exactly what the product I am using has in it. I also have an extensive knowledge of art theory, human anatomy and physiology. I use this knowledge in my craft to make the most realistic and safe product I can. After heavily freelancing, I took several years off from major projects but continued to offer training to friends and family on cosmetics. Several years ago I started heavily freelancing again with more of a focus on film production and special effects. Although I love film production, I also love an ever changing scene. I am open to all projects and have experience with almost every genre imaginable as a makeup artist. I am 32 with over 15 years of experience.

I am currently based out of Eugene, Oregon but regularly travel the state and am willing to accept projects out-of-town. The directors, photographers, models, designers, etc. that I have worked with in the past will tell you that I am incredibly professional and easy to work with. I am punctual, patient and reliable. On top of my career as a makeup artist I have had a long standing career as a marketing director for a large corporation and have extensive business experience. I am not your average makeup artist.

I have a large supply of cosmetics and everything I need to shoot on location. When working with directors or photographers I have specific processes and graphics that I use to help create concepts and proceed to planning and implementation. I have a studio I use in my home (specifically for special effects) so for major projects this is extremely useful.

Please contact me for availability or with any questions!

Details