Laura
WeddingWire Administrator June 2010

Your first trip as a couple

Laura, on February 17, 2018 at 6:05 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 62
Saved Save

Tell us about your first trip as a couple. How long had you been together? Where did you go? What are your favorite memories from that trip?

Your first trip as a couple 1{Pinterest}

62 Comments

• Kaye
    VIP October 2018
    Kaye
    • Flag
    Anniversary of 1 yr together. We rented a secluded cabin in the woods and went down to the valley to photograph bull elks and their harems.
  • K
    Expert November 2018
    Kristin
    • Flag
    We went camping at Ginnie Springs with my friends for one of their birthdays. We were dating 3 months. It was a fun weekend with lots of crazy things that happened, got stuck on a trail and had to find our way out because a storm had downed some treees, soaked his book and had to dry it with the hand-dryer in the bathroom. I brought home all the spiders, had to call him after he dropped me off at home to come rescue me from one big one chasing me around my room lol.
  • M
    Super October 2018
    MaltedMilk
    • Flag

Big trip? A week at a very secluded national park with no cell phone service or electricity. You have to wait for a boat that comes every other day to get you home. Better get along!! LOL! We had been dating about six months by that time - went great! Memories? That we could be in primative setting: no bathing, cook own food, hike A LOT, etc and still be good.

• Staci
    Super February 2018
    Staci
    • Flag
    Our first trip was to Siesta Key in Florida for 4th if July. We rented a villa right on the beach. We had been together about 6 months. We spent most of our time at the beach and obviously drinking. We had been snorkeling and relaxing at the beach all day. We decided it was time to go back to our villa when I suddenly felt like I was gonna faint. Long story short I had a heatstroke on the beach on 4th of July! Next thing I remember was waking up in a ambulance 馃檲 The trip was great minus the hospital visit 馃槀 We actually now live in Florida bc we loved it so much!
  • K
    Dedicated July 2018
    Kendra
    • Flag
    We were together 5 months and went to Frankenmuth, MI around Christmas time. It was actually his families annual trip and my favorite part was meeting his family.
  • FutureMrsD
    Dedicated November 2018
    FutureMrsD
    • Flag
    About a month into dating we took a road trip up to Boston, in the dead of winter and had such an amazing time exploring a new city together... We still talk about it to this day!
  • M
    Devoted August 2018
    Monique
    • Flag
    First trip together was to New Orleans. We had been casually dating for 3 months but exclusively dating for 1 month. It was the best trip. We had so much fun we've gone back several times since then and we always have a wonderful time. It's become our go to place to get away and rediscover how much we love each other.
  • Lex
    VIP September 2019
    Lex
    • Flag
    Our first trip by ourselves was this past October, we took a trip to see my extended family in Arkansas. Apparently it went okay, because we live here now lol.
    My favorite trip together was our senior band trip to Chicago. We had been together for exactly a year, we started dating our junior year trip lol. I got to go for free because someone got expelled and I just fell in love with the city. Unfortunately I also got really sick, but FH was by my side the whole time (except when I had to ride in the ambulance). I really want to go back there someday.
  • S
    Expert July 2017
    SaraBear
    • Flag
    Our first trip as a couple was to vienna Smiley smile we planned it two days after meeting, booked it three weeks after meeting, took the trip five and a half months after meeting, aaaaand got engaged on the trip overlooking the whole city. Spent a full week after that taking day trips to alll the countries around us. Best decision I ever made
  • M
    Dedicated September 2020
    Mari
    • Flag
    We had a road trip to Canada when we started dating ... we both are well travelled individuals so this trip was to know each other while traveling. We always remember and talk about it.
  • Mrs.W.
    VIP June 2018
    Mrs.W.
    • Flag

I think our first actual trip, that wasn't camping or something, was when we went to San Francisco with a couple friends. We've been together for over 8 years though and I have a terrible memory so I'm not totally positive.

• Buttercup
    Savvy May 2018
    Buttercup
    • Flag

So our first trip as a couple was up to see his friends in Albany (We live in MD). We where going up for a weekend trip so not long, and would be staying with some of his friends (house he lived in at one point as well, all where roommates). We had only been together for 4 months but it was our birthdays and it did not seem like that big of a deal. It was a nice get away. I remember closer to leaving I started realizing that not only was I going on a trip with my boyfriend (Now FH) I was also going on my first trip with a guy without my parents (I was only 19). Needless to say it was an amazing weekend and was really fun. Those friends are now groomsmen in our wedding!

• V
    Beginner October 2020
    Vanessa
    • Flag
    Our first trip together was visiting my dad鈥檚 side of the family in DC. We were together 3 months at that point. This was the first time my fianc茅 (boyfriend at the time) got to meet all of my dad鈥檚 side and it was also his first DC trip. I鈥檝e been there several times and have done a lot of sightseeing, but the best memory was seeing my fianc茅 get so excited about seeing all the monuments and interacting with my family. He even got my nephew a special little gift while we were laid over in the airport!
  • Carol
    Super September 2018
    Carol
    • Flag
    Our first trip was a weekend trip to West Palm Beach, FL to go shark diving! It was AMAZING! It was just one night in a hotel, and we celebrated our one year anniversary together that trip! We were so scared jumping in the water knowing there were sharks, but it was so fun and worth it!
  • PBiazinha
    VIP May 2018
    PBiazinha
    • Flag
    First trip happened after 2-3 months together. We travelled to Key West and he said that he loved me for the very first time - fast forward six and a half years, we鈥檒l be getting married there this coming May. It鈥檚 out special place and I can鈥檛 wait to say I do on that very same beach!
  • A
    Super February 2019
    Amy
    • Flag
    I love this question because I had to know if we were compatible traveling companions. It was a huge test lol. It was six months in and we flew from Sout Carolina to Maine and then drove up to Quebec from there for a few days then on to Montreal and then back to Maine and flew home.

It was an AWESOME trip. Whew Smiley xd
  • Future Mrsclark031420
    Devoted March 2020
    Future Mrsclark031420
    • Flag
    Our first trip was horrible. We went to Orlando for the weekend. Car overheated and we got stuck in the Wal-Mart parking lot. We had been together for maybe 3 months at the time. My ex husband was blowing up my phone threatening me and him. All I remember is me having to yell for over an hour and then shut my phone off and we almost broke up.
  • Bluey8616f
    Devoted August 2018
    Bluey8616f
    • Flag
    We were dating a year and went to Las Vegas. It did not go well since we fought the whole time because we enjoyed different things. He wanted to be up each day at 7am and hang out by the pool and I didn't consider it a vacation if I couldn't sleep past 10am. Thankfully we worked it out it's never been an issue again.
  • Kristen328
    Super September 2018
    Kristen328
    • Flag
    Nothing too exciting, about 9 months into our relationship we went camping in the Adirondacks. Our first big trip will be our honeymoon actually
  • Married and Loving It!
    Super February 2018
    Married and Loving It!
    • Flag
    About 5 months we went to Cabo on a group trip. We had such a great time!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics