Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Savvy August 2018

Would like to include my horse in my wedding- any advice?

Leighanne, on May 14, 2017 at 11:31 PM Posted in Planning 0 59

Searching for a venue close to pittsburgh that will allow me to briefly be on my horse. I'd like her to be a "bridesmaid" if at all possible. If anyone has experience doing this i would love to hear how it turned out and how difficult is this to plan?

59 Comments

Latest activity by Lisa, on January 31, 2020 at 1:07 PM
  • LibbyLane
    Super July 2018
    LibbyLane ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

I'm confused... What exactly do you want your horse to do?

• Swin.
    Master June 2016
    Swin. ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

Will she wear the dress too?

• CoffeeNColor
    Master August 2017
    CoffeeNColor ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

Not sure exactly what you want the horse to do? Are you going to have someone on hand to manage her for the rest of the ceremony and reception?

• CoffeeNColor
    Master August 2017
    CoffeeNColor ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

Also, you may like horses but your guests may not. Horses have an odor about them that not all people like.

• Serenity Rose
    Devoted May 2018
    Serenity Rose ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

^^^LOVE the engagement picture idea. You could also do a bridal photoshoot with her!

• Chica
    VIP October 2017
    Chica ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

Umm can your horse transport you to your venue and you and FH get a couple pics. I def. don't think she should be a bridesmaid, mainly bc she is not human. Lol.

• LibbyLane
    Super July 2018
    LibbyLane ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

If the horse is present, you would also have to make absolutely sure that none of your guests might be allergic, because that would be disastrous.

• A.Magill.Since.May
    Master May 2018
    A.Magill.Since.May ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

I'm not sure I fully understand why you'd want your horse as a bridesmaid, but maybe if you have an outdoor, barn type venue for the ceremony you could ride your horse down the aisle and pay a handler to take care of her during and after the wedding.

• L
    Savvy August 2018
    Leighanne ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

I'll explain better- i would love her to be led by my sister down the aisle with the flower girl on her back. My guests understand that horses are a big part of my life and have already accepted that she will be in it if possible. My horse is very calm and has experience with crowds and has been in parades.

• L
    Savvy August 2018
    Leighanne ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

And if bridesmaid sounds strange im bouncing around the idea of being led in on her instead.

• fallinthegarden
    Master October 2017
    fallinthegarden ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

LibbyLane is right. I am SUPER allergic to horses, like land myself in the hospital unable to breathe from an asthma attack kind of allergic. I would literally have to leave the ceremony for my own safety if I were seated near a horse.

Is it a common allergy? No. But it obviously exists and you would need to make the horses presence known in advance.

• L
    Savvy August 2018
    Leighanne ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

Definitely she will be in pictures! And yes i am looking for a barn venue. My family and bridal party all can handle horses. Just seeking advice on if anyone has successfully done this?

• RealLindseyO
    Master October 2017
    RealLindseyO ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

How do I put this politely?

I'm just picturing a horse walking down the aisle shitting.

• L
    Savvy August 2018
    Leighanne ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

Sorry I'm very new to this app and planning. I wouldn't worry about drunk people bothering her because she will go back to her barn before the reception.

• L
    Savvy August 2018
    Leighanne ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

They make bags.. sorta like diapers. Barely visible!

• RealLindseyO
    Master October 2017
    RealLindseyO ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

Well that's a new one. A horse shitting in a bag strapped to its butt. Festive.

• L
    Savvy August 2018
    Leighanne ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

She will be 6 yrs old for the wedding. I also debate if i want to risk her on horseback. So i might just nix that idea.

• ambrok
    Master October 2017
    ambrok ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

Would you consider a bridal portrait with your horse?

• L
    Savvy August 2018
    Leighanne ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

Yeah i definitely would... so maybe instead of including her in the wedding and possibly causing a distraction perhaps i can have her closeby for pictures? That's an idea

• L
    Savvy August 2018
    Leighanne ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

Thanks.. i know it seems out there but I'm a horse girl and animal lover! It makes sense how you put it. It's my day... we don't need to focus on the horse haha. I will probably have a trusted friend who is a horse trainer to be with her during the ceremony.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics