Skip to main content
Sinéad
WeddingWire Administrator January 2025

Who's going wedding dress shopping with you?

Sinéad, on October 8, 2019 at 11:05 AM

Posted in Wedding Attire 206

Who’s going dress shopping with you? Are you keeping your crew small or are you inviting all your bridesmaids and in-laws to come along too? Who’s going wedding dress shopping with you? Image by Lindsay Amaral Photography in Ewa Beach, HI Next Question: Who are you walking down the aisle with? Back...

Who’s going dress shopping with you? Are you keeping your crew small or are you inviting all your bridesmaids and in-laws to come along too?

Who’s going wedding dress shopping with you?

cfb_1300341.jpg

Image by Lindsay Amaral Photography in Ewa Beach, HI

Next Question: Who are you walking down the aisle with?

Back to the Beginning: Who’s who in your “I do” crew?

206 Comments

• B
    Dedicated January 2020
    Barbara ·
    • Flag
    My 2 daughters went shopping with me in August thought the dress they helped me pick would be the one. Took a close friend with me a second time because the first dress I chose wanted her opinion. Glad I did because I chose a dress that was a better fit.
  • Ashlyn
    Just Said Yes April 2020
    Ashlyn ·
    • Flag

We got my dress from my moms co-worker who bought a super expensive dress for her daughter (who ended up not getting married) and she sold it to us for half the price! Still has the tags on it and everything!

• Jasmine
    Master August 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag

I had my co worker/bridesmaid go with me. I've only gone a couple places but ended up buying my dress through a custom site so I'm hoping all goes well and it's all I'm expecting.

• Fany
    Devoted October 2021
    Fany ·
    • Flag
    I opted out of wedding dress shopping, I’ll just order online.
  • Rebecca
    Master August 2019
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag

I went dress shopping with three friends. One ended up being my MOH, one was in our swordfight, and one is simply a dear friend.

They were available and also know my past/trauma issues, so they were super supportive. They ended up treating me like a living Barbie doll and just threw dresses on me until one started to cry because we had found the right one. Then we all cried.

• Fenja
    VIP August 2021
    Fenja ·
    • Flag

I went with my best friends from college and we had a blast!

• Katie
    VIP November 2019
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    My bridal party went shopping with me. And my mom
  • Sinéad
    Sinéad ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

How exciting Vivian! Do you have your eye on a specific dress or even a style of dress you would love to try on?

• Sinéad
    Sinéad ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Wow Ashlyn! That's super lucky! What is it like?

• Sinéad
    Sinéad ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

How did you find dress shopping on your own? I know a lot of people much prefer to make a decision like this without input from others!

What is your beautiful dress like?

• Sinéad
    Sinéad ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

WOW, you certainly did have a big crew with you! I bet it was a lot of fun trying on everyone's different picks!

How exciting to get to wear it on Saturday!!

• Vivian
    Devoted August 2023
    Vivian ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I am looking at an A-Line flowy dress that sparkles and shines

Who's going wedding dress shopping with you? 1

Who's going wedding dress shopping with you? 2

Who's going wedding dress shopping with you? 3
  • Megan
    Expert October 2019
    Megan ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It really was fun but I knew that no matter how big of a crew it was, they would behave. No drama.

I knew I wanted lace but no idea of a silhouette. So my FSIL put me in a long sleeve one... but it made me feel like a cupcake. I tried a few others that were similar to mine but mine just screamed "pick me!" Lol.
  • Sinéad
    Sinéad ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Beautiful!!!

• Ashley
    Just Said Yes December 2021
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    It was my mom, my Matron of Honor, and Bridesmaid
  • Erin
    Dedicated August 2020
    Erin ·
    • Flag

I had a small group with me - just my Matron of Honor, mom and FMIL. Actually did end up getting a dress, at the same shop my MOH did!

• Ashley
    Devoted July 2021
    Ashley ·
    • Flag

I haven't fully decided on this yet. I know I'm taking my sister but I'm not sure if it'll just be the 2 of us. My mom recently passed so I did think about asking my dad but I just know he'll tell me they all look amazing (which isn't a bad thing!) but I also want to see his reaction on the wedding day. And I don't want to make him sit through all that dress shopping. I may take some of my other girls with me. I guess it just depends on when I ask them to be a part of the wedding and when I make my appointment.

• Sinéad
    Sinéad ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Oh amazing! What is your dress like?

• Abby
    Dedicated October 2020
    Abby ·
    • Flag
    My mom and two bridesmaids from my hometown came with me because the store we went to is in the town I grew up in.
  • Erin
    Dedicated August 2020
    Erin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

It's actually looks almost the same as the dress I was planning on sewing myself.

This is the stock photo from the designer, I'm having the torso lengthened and a corset back added.

Who's going wedding dress shopping with you? 4

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics