Nicole
Beginner May 2020

Where is the best place to sell wedding dresses?

Nicole, on January 4, 2020 at 11:02 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 24
Saved Save

Made a poor decision and bought a dress I wasn't 100% about. It's new never worn. The store doesn't do refunds, exchanges, or store credit. Has anyone been through this? Ugh...my wedding is 5 months away!!Smiley atonished

24 Comments

Latest activity by Lyndsay, on January 15, 2020 at 5:01 PM
  • Meghan
    Master October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag

I’ve heard of people using https://www.stillwhite.com/

• Don
    Super February 2021
    Don ·
    • Flag
    Hi Nicole,
    I'm starting to feel like you, my wedding is 13 months away, and I'm questioning my choice, I find myself staring at my dress and shaking my head and saying no!!! I have a girlfriend who used stillwhite also, good luck!
  • M
    Devoted September 2019
    Meaghan ·
    • Flag
    I bought several dresses online and kept my favourite and sold the others. I listed mine on Facebook Marketplace and they all sold (at a loss). I got about 60% back but these weren't designer dresses. I sold 2 in about 2 months.
  • Nicole
    Beginner May 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you! Ugh its the worst feeling! I only picked the dress I got because I felt like it was now or never but now I am 5 months away from my wedding. Soooo freaking out a bit haha

• Nicole
    Beginner May 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thanks for the tip! Yeah, I figured i'll be at a loss too Smiley sad

• Nicole
    Beginner May 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you!

• Don
    Super February 2021
    Don ·
    • Flag
    Don't freak out Nicole, you got this, you will be GORGEOUS, I'd love to see your dress! mine is from Stella York, style 6979 from the 2019 collection if you care to Google it, love to know what you think!!
  • Nicole
    Beginner May 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thanks, Don! I love Stella York's dresses! The dress picked it beautiful!!

The dress I bought is beautiful but I just don't think its for me. Smiley sad

Dress I boughtWhere is the best place to sell wedding dresses? 1

What I WantWhere is the best place to sell wedding dresses? 2

• Noelle
    Expert November 2019
    Noelle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Could you possibly take the dress you bought and have it altered to have the off the shoulder look? Maybe you could...they’re both pretty dresses, but the one you bought is not so different from what you want. Just needs a sleeve added.
  • Nicole
    Beginner May 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I thought about that...I just love the bodice of the one I want it looks like it has more bling...not sure if alterations would be able to do that..

• Noelle
    Expert November 2019
    Noelle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I think it could be done. But you need to find a good bridal seamstress.
  • Don
    Super February 2021
    Don ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    OMG Nicole,
    YES, YES, YES, you MUST get that dress, I'm jealous, Nicole you are STUNNING in that dress, it is so pretty, so YOU, that's your DREAM DRESS girl, make it happen!!!!!
    I'm changing into a second dress after the ceremony, it will be the same style as my bridesmaids who will be in lilac, while I will wear lavender, it's from jjshouse number 105912 if you would care to Google it, would love your opinion!!!
  • Nicole
    Beginner May 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That bridesmaids dress is gorgeous! So elegant!

Thanks, Don!! Ughh so many big decisions.

• Don
    Super February 2021
    Don ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you Nicole, don't stress about anything, you'll be fine!!
  • Kari
    Master May 2020
    Kari ·
    • Flag

Try StillWhite. I bought my dress there and saw a lot of brides selling never worn dresses (they picked a dress before getting a venue, and then the dress didn't go with the style of the wedding). As a shopper, it was my favorite site to look for pre-owned dresses because the interface is super intuitive and the search feature is the best of all the sites I tried. I looked into selling dresses on there and the fees are super reasonable as well. I'd definitely recommend StillWhite!

• Joany
    Dedicated January 2020
    Joany ·
    • Flag

I went through the SAME exact thing. After about 4-5 months of staring at pictures of me in my dress (that I already paid for and it's non-refundable), I kept second guessing it and seeing other dresses that I loved. I went back and forth with loving my dress and hating it. I finally bit the bullet, went to a local bridal shop and asked to try on a few specific dresses. I ended up finding dress number two that is now my dress and I have not thought twice about my decision. Unfortunately, I am out of the money from the first dress and am hoping that I'll be able to sell it. If not, I'm just going to have to suck up the cost. But the way I look at it is...we only get to be a bride for one day in our lives. I would've hated to end up not feeling my best in my dress or not loving my dress on the day of. I also think your dress looks similar to the one that you're in love with, but with my experience, I'd say go for the new one if you can't stop thinking about it. Let me also tell you that I'm getting married in 1/25/20 (17 days!!!!) and I ordered my NEW dress on 9/5 and it came in on 10/15. The shop explained to me that the manufacturers have some dresses in certain sizes that can be shipped out by a certain date that we sort of keep on "reserve" for last minute brides. The should be able to look that up. I just got lucky that they had the one that I wanted in my size in that reserve list.

BUY THE DRESS!

dress #1Where is the best place to sell wedding dresses? 3dress #1Where is the best place to sell wedding dresses? 4THE DRESSWhere is the best place to sell wedding dresses? 5THE DRESSWhere is the best place to sell wedding dresses? 6

• Caitlin
    Expert January 2021
    Caitlin ·
    • Flag
    Id post it on marketplace along with several other websites. poshmark does wedding dresses, still white, etc. id look up preowned bridal dresses and check out those websites because posting it in several places would ensure a quicker sale. it will all work itself out!!
  • Nicole
    Beginner May 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you!

• Nicole
    Beginner May 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

OMG you don't know how much I appreciate you telling me your story. Literally what I am going through now!

Both dresses are SOOO BEAUTIFUL! You are going be such a gorgeous bride...everyone won't stop looking at you! Smiley heart

• Nicole
    Beginner May 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics