Madison
Just Said Yes September 2022

Where and how much

Madison, on November 28, 2021 at 3:28 PM Posted in Planning 0 5
Saved
Hello there I am newly engaged and want to get married in September of 2022 however I can not decide on where to have this wedding and I am trying to spend as less as I possibly can with also making it magical

5 Comments

Latest activity by Maddie, on December 3, 2021 at 2:04 PM
  • Michelle
    Rockstar October 2022
    Michelle Online ·
    • Flag
    Sit down with fiancé and discuss your vision and how much money it will take to get there. Do you want a basic courthouse or church wedding with cake and coffee afterwards? That is the standard in some social circles or do you want a more lavish party? You can rent a venue from the parks department inexpensively, have the ceremony there as well and a local restaurant you love can provide drop off catering. They include tables and chairs in the rental price. You just need to find a dj and photographer.

Think outside the box. Avoid the word wedding whenever possible and stay away from all inclusive venues.
    As for location, having it local to you is cheapest and most convenient. Guests always travel to weddings and flying to a wedding in NYC or Seattle for example is more convenient than Mexico or somewhere that needs extra travel/ID in addition to higher priced accommodations.
  • Ladyray
    Savvy January 2026
    Ladyray ·
    • Flag

Hey there! Congrats on getting engaged.

Another thing to ask is: how important is having a "big wedding" is to you and your partner? For example, my partner and I are holding off our nuptials until after we graduate (college), but we only want our nearest and dearest family and friends there when we do it.

That could mean anything to a lot of people: "small and intimate" could be defined as 50 people or less, whereas "big wedding reception/ceremony guests" could mean 75 or more. To me, that's what that feels like - but that's a discussion for you and your partner-for-life-to-be.

Also, be honest to each other about your budget. These two questions can be important financially and help narrow venues down. You can make it magical at any budget.

• Samantha
    Rockstar May 2022
    Samantha ·
    • Flag

A lot of places are booked out through 2022 so don't get your heart set on a venue until you know its available! Just a tip

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie ·
    • Flag

Hi Madison!! Have you decided on a general location and need help finding a venue?? Or are you still deciding on the location as well?

Here are a few really helpful guides to get your wedding planning started, and a really cool cost tool to check out to get a feel for pricing:

Wedding Cost Guide

Just Got Engaged? The 8 Things You Need to Do First

How to Plan a Wedding Step by Step

7 Things Couples Should Agree on Before Wedding Planning

And keep in mind that your guest list is what has the biggest impact on your budget!!

• Maddie
    Rockstar February 2022
    Maddie ·
    • Flag

Hi!! I was the same...some options to look at is just event spaces that allow you to provide all your own vendors. This has it's pros and cons and getting everything yourself CAN ad up quickly if you aren't savvy about it. Some people want to get the all inclusive places so they don't have to worry about every little thing. It also depends on where your wedding is going to be - big cities are more expensive, obviously.

We lucked out and I found a huge hall as part of the city's parks and recreation department. A definite good option to check out in your area, as public spaces tend to be less expensive

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics