Dshelle
Devoted June 2023

When to get wedding insurance?

Dshelle, on July 1, 2020 at 12:37 PM Posted in Planning 0 11
Saved
Hi my wedding is in June 12,2023 when should I get a wedding protector/ insurance after I book all my stuff or before I book everything? Or like do something next year?

11 Comments

Latest activity by Dshelle, on July 4, 2020 at 12:40 AM
  • Monique
    Master December 2019
    Monique ·
    • Flag
    I booked my wedding insurance the night before because I forgot about it lol
  • Dshelle
    Devoted June 2023
    Dshelle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh ok I’m scared every might go outta business
  • T
    Super April 2021
    Tiger Bride ·
    • Flag

Most places aren't offering cancellation insurance at this point because of coronavirus. We got ours through either WedSafe or WedSure, I forget which, and it was the only company offering it. Since you're in 2023, you might be able to wait longer.

• Dshelle
    Devoted June 2023
    Dshelle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh ok what if I pay my venue already next year ?should I still wait?
  • Monique
    Master December 2019
    Monique ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I would Wait regardless since your wedding is 3 years from now. It’s still really early.
  • Dshelle
    Devoted June 2023
    Dshelle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Ok well I said next year so that will give me 2 year left to plan everything
  • T
    Super April 2021
    Tiger Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

It doesn't really matter whether you buy the insurance before or after you pay the vendors, as long as you have it before something happens. That said, what I meant in my comment is that if you wait, you might have a choice of companies. When I bought mine about 2 months ago, there was one company offering cancellation insurance. That's it. I don't even know if they are offering new policies anymore.

What you need to keep in mind is that if one of your vendors does go out of business between now and then, there is a decent chance it won't be covered by your insurance since they aren't covering business closures due to coronavirus. It's going to be difficult for adjusters to figure out whether or not a business closed due to covid and it's probably pretty likely it will be ruled as a factor.

If you don't want to get married until 2023, I would not be booking anything right now. There is way too much that can happen between now and then. Just my $0.02.

• Dj Tanner
    June 2021
    Dj Tanner ·
    • Flag
    Is there any particular reason why your wedding is in 2023?
  • Dshelle
    Devoted June 2023
    Dshelle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Because I want it to be in 2023😶
  • Dj Tanner
    June 2021
    Dj Tanner ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Well of course you want it to be in 2023 or else you would’ve had it in a different year. But is there any specific rhyme or reason?
  • Dshelle
    Devoted June 2023
    Dshelle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Saving up so I can have my dream wedding

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics