Soon2BSmith
Expert October 2020

What Made Wedding Day Real For You?

Soon2BSmith, on July 5, 2020 at 7:46 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 20
Saved

Today, I received my first 2 rsvps, and it made everything so REAL. All this planning, is coming to fruition!! Picking a venue, dress, table settings, it still seem so far away or out of reach. But, the RSVPs coming has changed things for me.

What did it for you? Will did your Big Day hit your reality?

20 Comments

Latest activity by Jess, on July 6, 2020 at 2:39 PM
  • VIP August 2020
    ·
    • Flag

When we got our marriage license in the mail! My name was wrong on it, so we're waiting for a replacement, but it was still super exciting and made everything feel much more real.

• Sinaya
    Devoted August 2022
    Sinaya ·
    • Flag

I'm sure I'll have many moments where I feel like things just got real, but the most recent moment is when found my dress last weekend.

• Erin
    Expert August 2020
    Erin ·
    • Flag
    Getting our wedding bands and finalizing the timeline with our venue! Eekkkkk! ❤️❤️❤️
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    Absolutely when I sent out the invites that made it feel really real because it went from plans to actually happening aha
  • Mrs. S
    Super November 2019
    Mrs. S ·
    • Flag
    It sort of always felt like a dream. Now I’ve been married seven months and I still wake up thinking did this really happen?, I’m so lucky!
  • Breann
    Devoted June 2020
    Breann ·
    • Flag

Lol I eloped and it didn't feel real until I was walking down the aisle!

• Soon2BSmith
    Expert October 2020
    Soon2BSmith ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Wow, not until the aisle!! I guess eloping is dream-like though.
  • Soon2BSmith
    Expert October 2020
    Soon2BSmith ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    ♥️ I’m hoping the “honeymoon” phase last a lifetime!
  • Soon2BSmith
    Expert October 2020
    Soon2BSmith ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Right! When I received the email, I was Like, “whoa, my wedding is really around the corner.”
  • Soon2BSmith
    Expert October 2020
    Soon2BSmith ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Eeekkkk is right! 🤣 That’s exactly how I felt!
  • Soon2BSmith
    Expert October 2020
    Soon2BSmith ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I haven’t received ours yet, but the license is a huge deal!
  • Christina
    Devoted July 2020
    Christina ·
    • Flag
    100 percent the wedding bands. That made everything feel so right and ready !
  • Jessica
    Master September 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    The first RSVPs are so exciting! Up until I sent invites and got the first responses I was second guessing if anyone would really come to a sunrise ceremony 2-3 hours away. Now I’m in the (impatiently) waiting for the rest of the rsvps to come in stage. Come on people!
    Covid has thrown us a few curveballs- were on plan D now, but everything is coming together! Time seems to be flying now, maybe that’s just because our countdown started around 500 and we’re finally under 100!
  • Rebecca
    Master August 2019
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag

I'm not sure it felt real to me until I was standing next to DH, clinging to him to keep myself upright, and our officiant began.

And that's after DH and I had a whole sappy thing where we'd just say, "GUESS WHAT?" to each other, and respond with, "WE'RE GETTING MARRIED." ...Literally every day. For 8 1/2 months. (Thank goodness our friends know we are *that couple* and think we're cute.)

It kind of felt real when I would put on my dress, and kind of felt real when we got back RSVPs, and kind of felt real when we did our rehearsal, but ... I've been through some stuff, so it didn't really hit me until he was really there, and holding me, and our officiant had to ask us to step apart a bit so he could, y'know, do the ceremony between us.

• Meghan
    Master October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag

I think it was getting our marriage license! That was a surreal feeling. Then, the night of our rehearsal. That was another "oh wow it is really happening" moment! Our engagement was only 11 months, but I planned so hard, and it really just felt like I was planning a party lol. But once we got our license and got to our venue the night before for our rehearsal, it really hit me!

• Trisha
    Dedicated September 2020
    Trisha ·
    • Flag
    It started to feel real when I got the first RSVP. I'm guessing it'll really hit when I get my marriage license 🤣
  • Soon2BSmith
    Expert October 2020
    Soon2BSmith ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

My FH purchased by band at the same time when he purchased my engagement ring, and I purchased his band very early on. Maybe if we waited, that could've definitely been my A-HA moment.

• Soon2BSmith
    Expert October 2020
    Soon2BSmith ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

500!! I don't think I even know that many people!!

• Soon2BSmith
    Expert October 2020
    Soon2BSmith ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

The day of!! I am not sure I will be able to keep it together. We will be engaged for about a 1-1/2 year when the wedding comes, and its been a long road for us too.

• Jess
    Devoted May 2021
    Jess ·
    • Flag

I felt it when I tried on my wedding dress for the first time. I think that moment is when I really saw myself as a bride and could imagine what my wedding day will be like. Smiley heart

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics