Sasha
Dedicated September 2019

What if it's cold? Bridal jacket ideas?

Sasha, on July 17, 2019 at 2:26 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 10
Saved Save

Hi guys, I'm having my reception Sept 28th (after a Costa Rica wedding in August). I'm worried it might be cold in Northern VA by that time, does anyone have ideas how to still look cute but wearing a jacket? I'm thinking of putting some kind of kimono over my wedding dress, but can't find any beautiful ones I'd want to wear...

10 Comments

• Lauren
    Super September 2019
    Lauren Online ·
    • Flag

I've seen some really fancy leather/pleather or jean jackets for brides. I just plan on stealing FH's suit jacket if I get cold. Honestly with all the anxiety/adrenaline/excitement I probably won't notice that I'm cold.

• MrsJackson
    Super October 2018
    MrsJackson Online ·
    • Flag

It was chilly on my wedding day, about 60 degrees. I'm perpetually cold all the time, and I also had a sleeveless dress.

You can get a jacket or shawl for backup, but I didn't need one. All the excitement and adrenaline like PP said kept me warm. Or at least helped me not think about the cold.

• Futuremrst
    Devoted August 2019
    Futuremrst ·
    • Flag
    I’m getting married in a little over 2 weeks and everyone is saying it’ll be in the 80s but I’m always cold so I made this jean jacket! Jacket was from kohl’s and the iron on patch is from etsy. If you don’t mind making it yourself it saves a ton of money versus buying one already made!

What if it's cold? Bridal jacket ideas? 1

What if it's cold? Bridal jacket ideas? 2
  • Sasha
    Dedicated September 2019
    Sasha ·
    • Flag
    Love it! What a cool idea!
  • Kelly
    VIP October 2020
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    There's also bridal capes! I've been in love with them too. I almost want one but the week I'm getting married has had freak heat waves before so I could be sweltering.
  • R
    Devoted October 2019
    Roxana ·
    • Flag

So I'm also a NOVA bride and will be getting married outdoors in a strapless in the MORNING on the the last week of October.

I hate the appearance of wedding jackets, but really love certain toppers. BHLDN has some great ones!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKsSkOEXif5SfMvEzisA0

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqM-ajEjV6f6pZ5A-FzCG

Personally, I decided to deal with the cold for the ceremony, but my mom got me a fur wrap for outside pictures.

P.S. where's your venue??

• M
    Dedicated November 2019
    Madison ·
    • Flag
    I’m getting married in late November in Illinois with a strapless dress, and I did a faux fur stoll from Etsy. It ended up being GORGEOUS with the dress!
  • Sasha
    Dedicated September 2019
    Sasha ·
    • Flag

Ah nice, I found an old jacket I once rented on Rent the Runway on Ebay - with a minute to close - in my size, and for a fraction of the price - like it was meant to be!

$_1.JPG?set_id=880000500F

• Jeanelle
    Super September 2018
    Jeanelle ·
    • Flag
    We got married last September 23rd in Rochester NY. Lows hit mid 50s that morning for us and I had a faux fur jacket ($30 on Amazon) and my leather jacket

What if it's cold? Bridal jacket ideas? 3

What if it's cold? Bridal jacket ideas? 4
  • Sinéad
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2025
    Sinéad ·
    • Flag

Hey Sasha!! As the pps have mentioned (and showed) you're totally able to look bridal and wear a jacket! I love the look of a leather jacket with a wedding gown, and you can get personalized ones on Etsy!

I searched on Pinterest for some examples and some are so pretty!!

What if it's cold? Bridal jacket ideas? 5
    What if it's cold? Bridal jacket ideas? 6
    What if it's cold? Bridal jacket ideas? 7

Comment on this discussion