Jana
Master October 2022

What ideas have you never seen before that you are adding to your wedding?

Jana, on June 22, 2020 at 5:13 PM Posted in Planning 0 10
Saved
Things are not done in your social circle or that you have seen online that you want to include at your wedding.

For example, among my family and friends, everyone and their cousin has a cake and punch/coffee reception but we're planning to serve a full meal with alcohol, which is a first for them.
Also, I've seen some beautiful signs online but never seen them in person so not sure how those even work. To name a couple.
What are yours?

10 Comments

Latest activity by Trisha, on June 23, 2020 at 7:32 AM
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag

I've been seeing boba bars trending but i had one at mine! and that was the first time i really went to a wedding that had any kind of novelty like that.

i also skipped being walked down the aisle by someone and i skipped parent dances

• Mercy
    Savvy October 2020
    Mercy ·
    • Flag
    Just having a wedding is out of my social circle for both me and my fiancé’s family members and friends. Everyone else we know has either eloped or had a smaller wedding. And I’m a little more extravagant than everyone else around us. And even though our wedding is simple we’re still having a full meal, alcohol and guest games that our friends and family aren’t used to. But I think it’ll be a good experience for everyone. My wedding will actually be the first wedding me and my fiancé have both ever been too lol.
  • Kimberly
    Expert October 2020
    Kimberly ·
    • Flag
    I’m going to make a display sign that says “Where everyone is coming from” or something along those lines... with a map and mark the various cities and distances our guests came from to join us at the wedding. It’s a conversation starter and a neat thing to acknowledge how far friends and family have traveled to be with us for our special day. I haven’t seen it before in any wedding I’ve been to.
  • Janarda
    Devoted February 2020
    Janarda ·
    • Flag
    I had a Live Painter at my wedding, and it was such a hit! No one, including myself had ever seen anything like that before, in person. It was one of my must haves, as I had seen it on television a very long time ago and never forgot about it... and I was so glad that I was able to have that special element as an unforgettable part of our wedding!
    And the painting is a great keepsake of course!
  • J
    Beginner May 2022
    Jourdyn ·
    • Flag
    As of right now, we are hoping to have a laid back reception. We are planning to go without a DJ. Instead, we hope to have a social hour, yard games, serve dinner & eat cake.

We are also hoping to make the day (ceremony & reception) shorter for us and our guest. ❤️
  • Dj Tanner
    June 2021
    Dj Tanner ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Such an awesome idea!!
  • Dj Tanner
    June 2021
    Dj Tanner ·
    • Flag
    For our meal, after the salads we have a pasta dish where they light a big Parmesan cheese wheel in front of each table and cook the pasta at each table. It’s served right before the entrées.
  • Anna
    VIP October 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag
    So I’m having prayer flags as part of the decoration at our ceremony. A friend turned me onto them by having us write a prayer on a flag to hang at base camp for a race he does. I’ve cut and sewn so many strips, and will have friends and family write a prayer for our marriage on them ahead of time and then have them hanging together as a fringe curtain behind where we’ll be standing. So that our marriage, our wedding will be literally and figuratively surrounded by prayer. (2nd photo is inspiration)What ideas have you never seen before that you are adding to your wedding? 1
    What ideas have you never seen before that you are adding to your wedding? 2

• Rebecca
    Master August 2019
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag

We had a full blown swordfight skit.

It's not *weird* in our circle - we are actors and another couple we know fought each other at their wedding - but we involved friends who weren't necessarily in the BP.

So we went full out and entertained our guests with more than just a DJ.

• Trisha
    Super October 2020
    Trisha ·
    • Flag
    Us Having An Actual Wedding And Reception Is Out Of The Norm For Both Of Our Families. Neither One Of Us Has Even Been To A Wedding Lol. One Thing That Will Be Different Is, I Will Collect Half Of My Bouquet From Family While I Walk Down The Aisle.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics