We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Dominique
Devoted June 2020

What Has Been the Hardest Part About Planning?!?

Dominique, on May 20, 2020 at 5:47 PM Posted in Planning 1 24
Saved Save
For me the hardest part about planning is trying to figure out how to wear my hair the day of🤦🏾‍♀️ I don't know why this is so hard for me #Grrr

24 Comments

Latest activity by Dominique, on May 21, 2020 at 4:59 PM
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag

I think mine was planning the logistics of everything because we had to do set up all by ourselves

• Jene
    Dedicated September 2020
    Jene ·
    • Flag
    Finding shoes was the hardest for me. I can't make up my mind if I wanna wear heels or something more comfortable
  • Dominique
    Devoted June 2020
    Dominique ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Melle has your big day are yet?
  • Dominique
    Devoted June 2020
    Dominique ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That kind of depends on your dress. If you have a ball gown look I would say definitely go with a heel. I was in the same boat and was going to go more comfortable with a converse baddazzled shoe but someone opened my eyes and gave me some good advice on why not to

• Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yes i am married! and just like i thought, because we did set up ourselves that day time went by fast and felt like we had so much to do.

• Jene
    Dedicated September 2020
    Jene ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    My dress is mermaid trumpet style. I'm thinking about buying both and change into my converse after the pictures. My wedding party are all wedding converse. I'm blinging out the bridesmaids shoes myself.
  • Belle
    Rockstar August 2022
    Belle ·
    • Flag
    The hardest part is being a perfectionist, in covid era 😖
  • Dominique
    Devoted June 2020
    Dominique ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Right, hopefully we will see some normalcy soon🙏🏾
  • Chanieish
    Dedicated May 2021
    Chanieish ·
    • Flag
    Heh probably like a lot of ladies here: having to postpone a wedding was the toughest.
  • Marisa
    Master October 2021
    Marisa ·
    • Flag
    So far it’s been finding the right dress! Lol and being indecisive.
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Legend March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag
    How much everything cost! I had a few teary meltdowns.
  • Dominique
    Devoted June 2020
    Dominique ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Hi Marisa, to be honest that was the easy part for me. First dress I tried on was the one for me.
  • L
    Super October 2020
    Leslie ·
    • Flag

The hardest part is the unknown - as in if I rebook to x date, is that the best day? But the other simple thing thing that’s been stupidly hard, is make up by me or a MUA. Still haven’t decided.

• Dominique
    Devoted June 2020
    Dominique ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes that is so true Leslie the unknown has been tough as well... If it was me I would go with an MUA one less thing for you to have to do yourself. I think it would be a lot easier knowing you... Just my opinion🤗
  • Kerin
    Super February 2021
    Kerin ·
    • Flag
    It seems the hardest part for me is patience. I'm a "tackle it now so you don't worry later" kind of person. My wedding is in 8 1/2 months, but I want to get the invitations put together now and make my card box now...the problem is I'm afraid if I do it now and everything has to sit for 6 to 9 months, the adhesive will fail and I'll have to do it again last minute!

Definitely with you on the #Grrr 😜 but it will be ok.
    Do you have some favorite movie characters or tv show characters and like any of their styles for your wedding style? Instagram and Pinterest are also good places to look for inspiration. I'm sure whatever you do will look stunning ❤
  • Dominique
    Devoted June 2020
    Dominique ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Hi Kerin, I'm definitely with you on being impatient but I would wait a little closer to your wedding day to do the invitations just to be safe and you won't have to redo do everything all over. I know I want an updo, I was even thinking crochet but I'm torn between that and a sew in. Ugh my only decision left to make pretty much. I'm 37 days away and I am so indecisive on this🤦🏾‍♀️
  • Kerin
    Super February 2021
    Kerin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I'm making myself wait, but the being stuck at home except for going to work has intensified the "need to do" 😂 I'll be alright 😉 no wedding crafts allowed til November! LOL

Maybe you can have a stylist consult on the things making you go back and forth, help you weigh pros and cons?
  • Dominique
    Devoted June 2020
    Dominique ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I know sane here work and home I'm going nuts, I feel your pain lol. I picked a style I'm tired of going back and forth. It's giving me a headache😂
  • Rebecca
    Rockstar August 2019
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag

Probably the ceremony. DH wanted to get married in the Catholic Church, so we did precana.

...It went poorly. (We passed, but I found the entire weekend to be traumatizing in the extreme.) Then the priest decided that, instead of helping me through the issues I had with precana, he just wouldn't marry us.

3 1/2 months before the wedding day. DH had been pushing to order the invites... thank goodness, I had said I wanted the all-clear from the priest.

So, we had to scramble and come up with a ceremony location and an officiant.

We had a friend who has done more than one wedding in our circle, and our venue could do the ceremony, so that was sorted out fairly quickly... but it was a very, very stressful two weeks.

• Marisa
    Master October 2021
    Marisa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    You’re lucky!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics