Kelsi
Dedicated June 2020

What Are You Doing With Your Bouquet After The Wedding?

Kelsi, on September 19, 2019 at 10:41 PM Posted in Planning 3 61
Saved Save
What’s everyone doing with their wedding flowers after the wedding? I’m considering having a piece made from the dried flowers that replicates the bouquet but it’s almost $600 for a 12x12 and I haven’t talked myself into it. The concept is a AWESOME and I know I’d love it but I want to hear everyone else’s plans too!

61 Comments

• Destiny
    Rockstar May 2020
    Destiny Online ·
    Im using fakes so they will go in a pretty vase in the hutch im going to get for all my other wedding stuff
  • Anna
    Rockstar June 2020
    Anna ·
    You can dry them yourself.
    Use equal parts cornmeal and borax. Put them in a box let them dry out, then put the boquet back together with a glue gun.
  • Kat_
    Super October 2019
    Kat_ ·
    My planner found someone who is casting some of our florals into a necklace as a charm. I’m having one made for my FW and plan to surprise her for Christmas or our one year anniversary 💗 also having a matching one made for me 💗
  • Kat_
    Super October 2019
    Kat_ ·
    Oh! We are also donating all of our florals to a children’s hospital. 💗
  • Kelsi
    Dedicated June 2020
    Kelsi ·
    View Quoted Comment
    That’s a thought but they’d fall apart eventually and we’re honeymooning immediately so I wouldn’t get to it. This idea is to press them, then frame them basically. You ship it off and it’s created for you.
  • Kelsi
    Dedicated June 2020
    Kelsi ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I love ALL of your ideas! Your FW will love it!
  • Mary
    Expert July 2019
    Mary ·
    We didn't make any plans before the wedding day so I ended up drying them myself. They are sitting in the living room as I don't know what to do with it now... Maybe will get a shadow box for it.
    If you have a service or store in mind already, definitely reserve with them in advance to book a spot. Since the flowers start wilting immediately, you will need to ship them as soon after your wedding as possible. I looked for these the day after my wedding and many were fully booked far in advance - no "walk-ins". 😅
  • M
    Super September 2019
    Mrs. Bubba ·
    It’ll be displayed.
  • Kelsi
    Dedicated June 2020
    Kelsi ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I have my invoice waiting to be paid 😂 I’m talking myself into it. Do you regret not doing it?
  • Kat_
    Super October 2019
    Kat_ ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! I’m so excited to surprise her!! ☺️
  • Madison
    Dedicated October 2019
    Madison ·
    I'm asking my MIL to bring it home and keep it somewhat alive (along with our cat) until we get back from our honeymoon and then I'll probably press a flower.....
  • Jennifer
    Dedicated September 2020
    Jennifer ·
    I love the idea of preserving your wedding flowers in some way, and I found this company on Instagram! You send off your flowers within 24-48 hours and they have a botanist dry them, and an artist arrange and set them (I assume in some sort of epoxy) for display!
    https://soilandsoul.studio/for-the-bride
  • Hannah
    VIP July 2019
    Hannah ·
    Professional preservation was more than I could afford. We left for our honeymoon within 2 days of the wedding. I ended up throwing out the bouquet right before we left, but I kept the 2 charms I had on it. I kind of regret throwing it away. It was so beautiful, but it was just so huge and I stupidly didn't come up with a plan before the wedding. I didn't think I'd be the sentimental type for something like that but apparently I am.
  • earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·

I had mine professionally preserved in a frame with my invitation.

What Are You Doing With Your Bouquet After The Wedding? 1

• Kelsi
    Dedicated June 2020
    Kelsi ·
    View Quoted Comment
    This was one of my top 2 places but I didn’t think I’d be able to find a place to display it 😍
  • Kelsi
    Dedicated June 2020
    Kelsi ·
    View Quoted Comment
    This is my exact fear. I think you’ve convinced me!
  • Mary
    Expert July 2019
    Mary ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I regret not having a preservation service already lined up, definitely! It was something that I didn't even think about until my day-of coordinator brought my bouquet to the bridal suite at the end of the night. I totally blanked out when she asked what I was going to do with it. 😭
  • Jodie
    Dedicated August 2020
    Jodie Online ·
    Mine are made out of paper so they'll be on display with a few other wedding things
  • Futuremrsv
    Super October 2020
    Futuremrsv ·
    Using fake flowers so they will be used as decor in the fall
  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    We have it displayed next to his boutonniere and our framed vows and lyrics to our first dance song and cake toppers. I bought fake flowers for both so was easy to do so

Comment on this discussion