As I'm going through the nitty-gritty of wedding planning details in preparation for the perfect day, I found myself wondering what mistakes or oversights my guests will really notice or remember about my wedding. Thinking back on weddings where I was a guest, I was surprised at the things that stuck with me:
1. The entire wedding was absolutely beautiful and elegant, but the bride looked extremely angry right before she walked down the aisle.
2. The bride felt poorly in her wedding dress during the reception dancing and disappeared for an hour with her bridesmaids. The groom acted like nothing happened and did not check up on her.
3. The wedding party got "lost" on their party bus ride, and dinner was two hours late.
4. When nothing suggested it would be an alcohol free wedding but the couple served bottles of grape juice.
5. When the invitation said 'black tie' and we were the only ones to actually show up in black tie. No one else went beyond country club casual.