Bella
Dedicated October 2020

Well i had my first "its my wedding" moment!

Bella, on October 8, 2019 at 11:52 AM Posted in Planning 0 7
Saved
What do you when that happens??? FH and I went out to lunch with his dad and stepmom. As we were leaving the restaurant I had gotten in the cat and step mom came over and asked me what colors are you having for the wedding? I told her fall colors. She then asked what FH is wearing. I said jeans and a button up and a camo vest and a jacket and that we haven't decided what color the button up will be.

She wants me to do TEAL. And use paper flowers that she found. Plus she doesn't want FH in jeans. She wants him in dress pants. They had a whole 5 minute debate on that. I just sat there kinda nodding like uh i'll think about it. I didn't know what to say!! What do you do with something like that?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Michaela, on October 8, 2019 at 6:00 PM
  • Destiny
    VIP May 2020
    Destiny ·
    • Flag
    Thanks for your input but we have a VERY SET vision for OUR wedding
  • Laura
    Master October 2019
    Laura ·
    • Flag

Thank you for your advice, but we have already made the plans we see for our vision. We really do appreciate your input though.

• Allaura
    Devoted April 2021
    Allaura ·
    • Flag
    Just what you did lol I always think about those penguins in the Madagascar movies. Lol they say like “smile and wave boys, just smile and wave” and so I just smile and nod and then keep doing what I want to do lol
  • Jocelyn
    Devoted December 2019
    Jocelyn ·
    • Flag

MY favorite thing to say is "i'll have to look into that", Or "we haven't decided yet" (knowing damn well we know what we are doing lol) The less information you give out the better for everyone. Everyone has an opinion and half the time they aren't helping with the wedding.

• Megan
    Expert October 2019
    Megan ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    🤣 Yes. All the time.
  • Jasmin
    Dedicated July 2020
    Jasmin ·
    • Flag

Say I appreciate your enthusiasm but my FH and I have decided on this being for our dream day. Tell her if she finds anything in your colors you would be happy to see them!

• Michaela
    Super May 2020
    Michaela ·
    • Flag

Yeah I always just say, "cool, I'll think about it!" or "that's a nice idea" and hope they don't bring it up again Smiley smile if they insist I just say "we're doing it this way" firmly so they don't bring it up again. If they do then I'd have to get sassy Smiley winking

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics