Samantha
Dedicated September 2019

Welcome Sign?

Samantha, on August 8, 2019 at 4:42 PM Posted in Style and Décor 0 54
Saved Save

I debating if I want to have a welcome sign made for our big day. I have heard mixed reviews on them. Honestly, I don't really care if we have one or not but wasn't sure if I was the only one to feel that way? How many of you are having one?

54 Comments

• Courtney
    Rockstar December 2019
    Courtney ·

We were on the fence too because I didn't want to have to worry about an easel either. But when our venue said they had one for us to use, that changed my mind. Double bonus, I can use the blank side to put together our seating chart.

Welcome Sign? 1

• Future Mrs. Danger
    Expert November 2019
    Future Mrs. Danger ·

I made one from a mirror I had in my basement. I will also decorated it with flowers....but I dont think you have to have one. Its just nice decor.

• Caytlyn
    Champion November 2019
    Caytlyn Online ·

They're totally not necessary, so if you don't feel strongly about it, I would skip the added expense.

• Gen
    Master June 2019
    Gen ·
    We had a super simple and inexpensive one. Just got a cheap frame from amazon, designed it on Word, and printed it on 11x17 paper at my office lol. It’s not necessary at all and wouldn’t have been worth a ton of money to me, but was a nice touch for very little money and effort the way we did it

Welcome Sign? 2
  • V
    VIP July 2019
    Veronica ·
    We had one for our wedding. I bought the PDF from Etsy and had it printed using VistaPrint. I wanted something in the entrance of our venue which was a hotel to welcome those attending.
  • LB
    Champion November 2016
    LB ·

Didn't have one and didn't miss it at all. Signs are overdone now IMO.

• Jennifer
    Super September 2020
    Jennifer ·
    We aren't having one.
  • MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·

We didn't have one. We had a little sign that says "The adventure begins" with our programs below it.

• Cyndy
    Master May 2019
    Cyndy ·
    We didn’t have one. Too many signs already.
  • earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·

We did one but they are not necessary. We wanted to put it in our entryway at our home after the wedding so we did not include the word "wedding" in our sign. It is in our entryway now and looks really pretty. The wreath is dried now but I will be getting a replica of that wreath made using artificial materials so it will look fresh again.

Welcome Sign? 3

• Kelly
    Champion October 2018
    Kelly ·
    We didn’t have one. I didn’t want to spend money on something that I didn’t care about. We had no signs at our wedding and had no issues with people not knowing what to do or where to go.
  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    I had one for each event since my reception was at a different place in a plaza with a ton of other businesses so it was more directional than anything
  • Kat_
    Super October 2019
    Kat_ ·
    We are doing a welcome sign and will use it in our foyer when the wedding is done!
  • Kat_
    Super October 2019
    Kat_ ·
    Framed and on the wall or something... not just w sign on an easel 🤣
  • Hannah
    Devoted September 2019
    Hannah ·
    I made my own
  • Hannah
    Devoted September 2019
    Hannah ·
    Sorry my picture didn’t upload. I made my own - cost me less than $5

Welcome Sign? 4
  • Samantha
    Dedicated September 2019
    Samantha ·
    View Quoted Comment

That's awesome! How did you create the etching?

• Samantha
    Dedicated September 2019
    Samantha ·
    View Quoted Comment

That's beautiful! I love the wreath!

• Hannah
    VIP July 2019
    Hannah ·
    We didn't have one. I didn't really see the need for it, and it's just another added expense. I figure that people know what they're there for lol.
  • Cher Horowitz
    Rockstar December 2019
    Cher Horowitz ·

I'm not having one! It would only be used one time, and I'm not willing to spend money on a sign

Comment on this discussion