Kayla
Savvy March 2020

Wedding website

Kayla, on June 7, 2019 at 3:16 PM Posted in Planning 0 12
Saved
So I just started planning my wedding it isn't until October 2020 but I was wondering what everyone uses their wedding website for? Is it worth creating? What did you use your website for?

12 Comments

Latest activity by Jasmine, on June 7, 2019 at 6:51 PM
  • Kate
    Dedicated June 2019
    Kate ·
    • Flag

I used The Knot for the wedding website - we sent physical invites but put "Please RSVP via (wedding website link)" it was good because we're having a camping wedding so it was easier/cleaner looking to have all the camping info on the website & it was fun because as soon as ppl RSVPed I would get an email & they could add a personal note to their RSVP which I really liked

• Melissa
    VIP October 2018
    Melissa ·
    • Flag

I used the one hosted here, and it was super helpful. It was a place where we could have basic information (where to go, how to get there, etc) and avoid having to answer the same question on the phone 400 times. It's where we housed our link to book your hotel room, where we had a direct link to our registries, it was basically a one stop place a guest could go to get all of the info they need. We also had the RSVP option turned on for those who lost their RSVP card or just preferred to RSVP online. (Great for those last minute "oh my god, we forgot to RSVP" people!)

• Kayla
    Savvy March 2020
    Kayla ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That is cool I like the fact they are able to leave a note because we are trying to have everyone send their favorite song when they RSVP so we can try and include some of the music during the reception.

• Kayla
    Savvy March 2020
    Kayla ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Oh wow it seems like alot of people use this for RSVP which seems to be the best way. Thank you

• Mrs. S
    Master November 2019
    Mrs. S ·
    • Flag
    Mine is for my online registry and travel/hotel information. Everyone will be traveling.
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag

I think it's worth it! i used mine for rsvps mainly but i also like the idea that it has a lot of info on it, including my registry info.

i even had a section that had a short bio of each wedding party member so people could know a little bit of info about them

• Victoria
    VIP October 2018
    Victoria ·
    • Flag
    We used our website basically in place of the "details" card that would normally get included in the invitation. We had directions, travel info, shuttle info and a things to do section since almost all of our guests traveled in, amongst other things. We also had our guests RSVP through the site too.
  • Alli
    Devoted October 2020
    Alli ·
    • Flag

I had originally planned to use it strictly for RSVPing online to avoid the cost (and relative waste...) of RSVP cards... but minted has "all-in-one" invitations which have actually ended up being less expensive that regular invitations and have the RSVP post card included. So... I'm using it now in place of the details card, also with the option to still RSVP there.

• Mandi
    Master October 2020
    Mandi ·
    • Flag
    Considering using it for RSVP.
    Mostly using it to use my engagement photos and get our registry out there.
  • Emily
    Super April 2020
    Emily ·
    • Flag

I'm going with Zola. We have a lot of out of town guests coming in so we plan on putting everything there from restaurant recommendations in the city we're getting married in, registry, FAQs, etc.

• Maggie
    Super April 2020
    Maggie ·
    • Flag
    I’m using The Knot and like many people said- i’m Using it for my RSVPs, I also have the venue info, hotel info, what to do in town info, what our colors are (so people know what not to wear). I also have lil bios for WP on there and our registries
  • Jasmine
    Master August 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag

I customized my wedding website from an existing template on wix.com. I love it so much! It's colorful and playful which definitely portrays our personality. I created an "local activities" page for people to use as a guideline for what's around the area in case they decide they want to do other things besides attending the wedding. I provided a picture of each place listed, added their phone numbers and website link. I even added a directions link where it will bring up the map and the location is already input in the destination line.

There's a page for RSVPs which they can either do through the site or by mail if not tech savvy (so they'll have a physical RSVP as well). There's a page for our engagement photos (when we take them) and a page for the few different places we registered at (which are also clickable - straight to our registry). I also have up a page where it will have our wedding details like time, location, etc. It's still under construction but I couldn't be more happy in the direction it's going. I've customized this thing so much, it's ridiculous lol.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics