Diana
Rockstar December 2019

Wedding Vows

Diana, on June 23, 2019 at 5:57 PM Posted in Wedding Ceremony 0 41
Saved Save
So I decided to write my own, well because I want to do something this go around. My question is to you how long will or did it take you to say your vows that you wrote.
It take me about 6 minutes saying them slowly because I’m having my MIL to interpret them via sign language.

41 Comments

• Laura
    Rockstar October 2019
    Laura ·

That's awesome! we're saying both traditional and our own I'm not sure how long they'll take for us to say. I've just started jotting down some thoughts recently for them

• Jasmine
    Rockstar August 2020
    Jasmine Online ·

That's totally understandable for having an interpreter. I haven't even finished mine so I can't quite put a time on it yet but I'm going to strive to keep it under 3 mins.

• Diana
    Rockstar December 2019
    Diana ·
    View Quoted Comment
    That’s what we’re both doing!!!
  • Diana
    Rockstar December 2019
    Diana ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I guess if I say them normally. I think they would be under 3 minutes.
  • Jasmine
    Rockstar August 2020
    Jasmine Online ·
    View Quoted Comment

That's what I was figuring. I feel like that's a decent amount of time.

• Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    Mine is about 2-3 min long.
  • Hannah
    VIP July 2019
    Hannah ·
    Mine is just shy of 200 words. I didn't know how long vows should be either, and a few wedding websites suggested they be around 150-200 words, which equals to about 2 minutes speaking (you want to speak slower when doing any sort of speech than regular conversation so people can process what you're saying).
  • Diana
    Rockstar December 2019
    Diana ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Mine is 800 words...
  • Jazmin
    Rockstar April 2019
    Jazmin ·

We said personalized vows too, we took 3 min each.

• DuttonSandersWedding
    Expert September 2019
    DuttonSandersWedding ·
    View Quoted Comment
    That amazing! Haha I haven't started mine yet but I dont know that I could think of that much to say. I just hope theirs are close to the same length so it doesn't sound weird for yours to be a lot longer than your fiance.
  • Tina
    Super August 2019
    Tina ·

Well its been 20 years so I want to do a minute for each year. LOL. Nah but mine will be longer. I have so much to say.

• Cyndy
    Master May 2019
    Cyndy Online ·
    I never timed mine but we wrote our own vows. Your timing sounds good.
  • Diana
    Rockstar December 2019
    Diana ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes his is close to mine as well..
  • Diana
    Rockstar December 2019
    Diana ·
    View Quoted Comment
    The way I see it our wedding, our day, our way. So go for it!!!
  • Diana
    Rockstar December 2019
    Diana ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you so much!!
  • Tina
    Super August 2019
    Tina ·
    View Quoted Comment

IKR. I just have to be mindful of the time because the day isn't even here yet and I am already feeling pretty rushed! LOL. I literally feel like i am out of time to begin with. I wanted to cram so much into this 5 hour period. I am a little nervous about that

• Gen
    Master June 2019
    Gen ·
    Ours were about 500 words each
  • Diana
    Rockstar December 2019
    Diana ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I stated writing them when we decided two months ago we wanted to say our own vows. Take time to write them.
  • Diana
    Rockstar December 2019
    Diana ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Nice...I don’t think theirs some “rule” saying how long your vows have to be.
  • Meg
    Dedicated October 2019
    Meg ·

If you have more to say than 200 words, it's you talking to your FH...so that's ok! I don't think a standard time matters, this a personal matter and is in my opinion, the climax or purpose of the wedding altogether. Without the vows, there wouldn't be a wedding. Feel free to spend as much time as you want.

Comment on this discussion